Diana Ross

JoeyT

On 5/9/2022 at 8:33 AM, rgill3 said:

I saw Lionel at BST a few years ag and he said he's never sung it with her live so as soon as she was announced I decided that Glastonbury would be the place it happens for the first time.

I've seen him a few times and he ALWAYS references that.  Both I, and my missus, would die of excitement if they duetted it at Glasto.  I mean, come on.  Does it get better than that??

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I've seen him a few times and he ALWAYS references that.  Both I, and my missus, would die of excitement if they duetted it at Glasto.  I mean, come on.  Does it get better than that??

It's got to happen - hasn't it!

14 minutes ago, Aries said:

Hoping and praying for I’m Still Waiting…She doesn’t usually play it in the US as it didn’t take off there but it did well here and she’s played it in the UK/Europe in the past 🤞

When the 2020 tour was announced I’m sure she mentioned she’d do it over here. I think it was a #1 in the UK and yes, I too hope she performs it - fantastic song

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

13 minutes ago, rgill3 said:

It's got to happen - hasn't it!

Oh wow that's just the stuff my dreams are made of.  If it's EVER going to happen, this has to be the place.  I could see him doing it just for the sake of it too.  He bloody loved his Sunday on the farm. 

36 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Lionel’s doing dates in the US on the Friday and Saturday unfortunately ☹️

I'll be ignoring this information thank you very much to keep the dream alive

56 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Lionel’s doing dates in the US on the Friday and Saturday unfortunately ☹️

19 minutes ago, rgill3 said:

I'll be ignoring this information thank you very much to keep the dream alive

If he just joins her via Zoom to the Pyramid screens, that'll do for me! 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

If he just joins her via Zoom to the Pyramid screens, that'll do for me! 

How busy is he the week after? I reckon he can definitely get a flight as soon as he finishes on Saturday!

Or I'm really clutching at straws to make this Endless Love moment happen.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:45 AM, doogie said:

Some interesting titbits on Diana Ross's fan page:

https://dianarossofficialfanclub.com/2019/10/12/diana-ross-is-set-to-tour-the-uk-in-2020/

"As regards to the Glastonbury concert at the Pyramid Stage on June 28, 2020, what we can say is that she is planning a show based on her UK success that´s why "Chain Reaction", "I´m Still Waiting" and "When You Tell Me That You Love Me" are going to be included in the setlist. Also, two guest stars would perform with her on stage. One would be a established star and a current star would be the other."

Link no longer works, but this is what I remember 

3 hours ago, henry bear said:

Link no longer works, but this is what I remember 

Here's what that article said:

Ms.Ross said “To all the fans across the world, this is my tribute to you.” And it surely is. The beginning of the new decade is going to be full of surprises for fans all over the world. The first big announcement was made a few hours ago when Ms.Ross herself confirmed she is playing “legends” slot at Glastonbury Festival 2020. Her performance at Glasto will be part of her 2020 UK tour marking the release of the forthcoming album. UK performances would take place by the end of 2020 and early 2021. Other european dates seem unlikely at the moment.

With regard to the upcoming album, there´s no much information available so far, but we can predict that it will be released around the time of the Glastonbury show. The Diana Ross Fan Club reached that the singer would appear on television shows and radio programs to promote her upcoming work. In addition, a new greatest hits compilation would be released in 2021 which would include classics and a few songs from the forthcoming album.

Ms.Ross is going to begin 2020 performing at the Kennedy Center in January and in Las Vegas in February – dates for this engagement haven´t been announced yet. As regards to the Glastonbury concert at the Pyramid Stage on June 28, 2020, what we can say is that she is planning a show based on her UK success that´s why “Chain Reaction”, “I´m Still Waiting” and “When You Tell Me That You Love Me” are going to be included in the setlist. Also, two guest stars would perform with her on stage. One would be a established star and a current star would be the other. Anyway, all this is subject to change.

Bear in mind that 2020 will mark Ms.Ross´50th Anniversary as a solo star so more annoucements are going to be made soon. Stay tuned!

https://dianarossofficialfanclub.wordpress.com/2019/10/12/diana-ross-is-set-to-tour-the-uk-in-2020/

Edited by doogie

• 4 weeks later...