Diana Ross

JoeyT

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I mean I do find it very weird both of them were in the area / still are going to be in the area.

Dionne’s touring the UK late June and seems to be free on the Sunday/Monday. Lionel’s in Germany over the weekend but free on the Sunday. It wouldn’t be impossible for him to shoot over for a brief appearance, but realistically it’s unlikely 

• 7 months later...

The Sun again

DIANA’S BIG DAY

DIANA ROSS’s legends slot at Glastonbury is expected to be so popular, organisers are thinking of making the Pyramid Stage area bigger for the first time ever.

The Supremes singer will perform on the Sunday, after a two-year Covid delay.

Organiser Emily Eavis said: “I can’t think of anyone who won’t go and see Diana Ross. We’ve been waiting a long time for this.”

Wonder when/why (the wonderwhy) she said that.

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Sun again

DIANA’S BIG DAY

DIANA ROSS’s legends slot at Glastonbury is expected to be so popular, organisers are thinking of making the Pyramid Stage area bigger for the first time ever.

The Supremes singer will perform on the Sunday, after a two-year Covid delay.

Organiser Emily Eavis said: “I can’t think of anyone who won’t go and see Diana Ross. We’ve been waiting a long time for this.”

Wonder when/why (the wonderwhy) she said that.

Didn't they extend the field for The Stones?

• Upvote 1

Just now, chazwwe said:

Didn't they extend the field for The Stones?

Yes. So they're either wrong or making up bollocks again. I suspect the latter, I don't think Emily would have said that, knowing full well that there will be dozens of acts on other stages at the same time and that statement would be a bit of a kick in the teeth for them.

So... (once again) fuck the Sun and everyone who reads it.

• 2 weeks later...

Diana played her first show for 2 years recently, at Universal Orlando Mardi Gras.

SPOILER - setlist below:

• I'm Coming Out
  • More Today Than Yesterday
  • My World Is Empty Without You (The Supremes song)
  • Where Did Our Love Go (The Supremes song)
  • Baby Love (The Supremes song)
  • Stop! In the Name of Love (The Supremes song)
  • Come See About Me (The Supremes song)
  • You Can't Hurry Love (The Supremes song)
  • Love Child (Diana Ross & The Supremes cover)
  • The Boss
  • Upside Down
  • Love Hangover / Take Me Higher / Ease on Down the Road
  • It's My House
  • Chain Reaction
  • Why Do Fools Fall in Love
  • Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To) / Ain't No Mountain High Enough
  • Thank You (Jax Jones Remix)

Something along those lines would be great on El Pointo. 

I've just watched a few of the videos, she's not miming. There's a vocal backing track that she's singing over but that's pretty standard for these sort of artists and is less obvious on a big stage.

There's a video of Thank You where the backing track is a lot louder than on the classics (presumably because she's more likely to forget the words) and she's visibly trying to point out that her mic isn't working properly and she can't be heard over the backing track.

Videos of I'm Coming Out, Chain Reaction etc. are clearly live vocals. Not a Dolly situation here.