Diana Ross

JoeyT

I don't think I'll be going. Every so often, they get a cross-generation legend, such as Kylie or Dolly. But most of the time they just go over my head, and I feel like this is one of those bookings. Lionel Richie and Barry Gibb were the same for me. I hope they get someone strong against her, but I hope everyone enjoys her set!

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

A few people saying Spice Girls are rulled out. 

Could we see them playing after Ross? Similar vibes to Miley playing after Kylie this year. 

Charli XCX  > Diana Ross > Spice Girls > LDR > Taylor Swift. 

This would be an extremely pop-y Sunday, can imagine plenty wouldn't leave Pyramid Stage all day.

Just now, K2SO said:

I don't think I'll be going. Every so often, they get a cross-generation legend, such as Kylie or Dolly. But most of the time they just go over my head, and I feel like this is one of those bookings. Lionel Richie and Barry Gibb were the same for me. I hope they get someone strong against her, but I hope everyone enjoys her set!

Thought the same till I stuck on a Diana Ross playlist this morning, wall to wall bangers.

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

This would be an extremely pop-y Sunday, can imagine plenty wouldn't leave Pyramid Stage all day.

Also goes into what Emily and a lot of tabloids have been saying about not enough female acts. I think the main cross overs would be between Spice Girls/LDR and then again for Taylor so enough to keep people moving. 

17 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

A few people saying Spice Girls are rulled out. 

Could we see them playing after Ross? Similar vibes to Miley playing after Kylie this year. 

Charli XCX  > Diana Ross > Spice Girls > LDR > Taylor Swift. 

Needs Nick Cave in there before Taylor 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

Excellent news and booking. Am I correct in thinking that her name has been circling the spot for the last few years but they've ended up having someone else?

Sadly I can't see her getting the same size crowd as Kylie, I don't think she carries as much sway with the younger generations. 

My 22 year old self and my mates will be there even if we're the only people under forty.

I think there'll be quite a few families and then a fair helping of under thirties, FWIW.

49 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Told my mum and there were tears. Imagine waiting 50 years to see your all time favourite, so made up for her.

And just realised its on my birthday too, what a party that's gonna be ?

My birthday too. Will help dig me out of my depression at hitting bloody 40 that day!

15 minutes ago, David Gray (90+2) said:

My 22 year old self and my mates will be there even if we're the only people under forty.

I think there'll be quite a few families and then a fair helping of under thirties, FWIW.

I'll still qualify for under 40s by the skin of my teeth :D

3 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

Excellent news and booking. Am I correct in thinking that her name has been circling the spot for the last few years but they've ended up having someone else?

Sadly I can't see her getting the same size crowd as Kylie, I don't think she carries as much sway with the younger generations. 

Group of 10 of us going, all under 30. All very excited for this, I'm personally more excited for this than Kylie as are a few others in groups.

A lot of people in their mid 20s that I know grew up with their parents listening to mowtown. 

7 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Group of 10 of us going, all under 30. All very excited for this, I'm personally more excited for this than Kylie as are a few others in groups.

A lot of people in their mid 20s that I know grew up with their parents listening to mowtown. 

I am more than happy to be proved wrong on the younger generations comment! 

38 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Thought the same till I stuck on a Diana Ross playlist this morning, wall to wall bangers.

I was just looking through her recent setlists. My mum seemed very enthusiastic about it and asked if I could get her a ticket, but it's a bit of a shrug of the shoulders for me.

Though I have to say, of my previous 4 festivals, when there's been a legend on that I haven't wanted to watch, there is something I do want to watch against them. When there's one I do want to watch, there's no clashes. I watched Dolly and Kylie. Watched Slaves instead of Lionel, and The Killers instead of Gibb.

Just now, K2SO said:

I was just looking through her recent setlists. My mum seemed very enthusiastic about it and asked if I could get her a ticket, but it's a bit of a shrug of the shoulders for me.

Though I have to say, of my previous 4 festivals, when there's been a legend on that I haven't wanted to watch, there is something I do want to watch against them. When there's one I do want to watch, there's no clashes. I watched Dolly and Kylie. Watched Slaves instead of Lionel, and The Killers instead of Gibb.

This is the correct mindset.