Diana Ross

JoeyT

28 minutes ago, Stu H said:

She is 75....

It'll be fun. Paul Simon's voice was shot, Dolly didn't really sing, Kenny Rogers sang the same song 40 times really badly.... :)

I think the legend slot is always great. Except ELO. They were terrible

Lionel still the best set I've ever seen at glasto, was torture for me having to watch kylie on TV last year

Just now, Quark said:

Best thing about the Lionel and Kylie slots (and I assume Bazza, Dolly etc  was the same) is that everyone's there on the same wavelength.  People are just there for the party. Chinstrokers need not apply.

As one often prone to chinstroking I haven't been at the legend's slot since Paul Simon and his dodgy throat. I'm bang up for a party with Miss Ross.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Best thing about the Lionel and Kylie slots (and I assume Bazza, Dolly etc  was the same) is that everyone's there on the same wavelength.  People are just there for the party. Chinstrokers need not apply.

Exactly this, it's not a set for perfect musicianship. The goodwill towards her and the party vibe in the crowd will more than make up for any deficiencies in her 75 year old voice.

All you need to succeed in this slot is bangers and the right attitude.

1 minute ago, kaytee... said:

Told my mum and there were tears. Imagine waiting 50 years to see your all time favourite, so made up for her.

And just realised its on my birthday too, what a party that's gonna be ?

Is your mum going as well then? That's awesome!

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

This is a proper result for the legend slot. I can take or leave the legend slot in general, but this is the kind of act that really justifies the slot. Awesome to have something this mega announced so early.

Yeah, also, I’d never got to a Diana Ross concert. But I’d happily see her at Glastonbury.