Diana Ross

JoeyT

15 minutes ago, sirjonnyp said:

Excellent news and booking. Am I correct in thinking that her name has been circling the spot for the last few years but they've ended up having someone else?

Sadly I can't see her getting the same size crowd as Kylie, I don't think she carries as much sway with the younger generations. 

I think DR checks a lot demographics actually, considering she's 75... For me she's quite a similar booking; fun, dancey-disco, quite a few easy nod-your-head and tap-your-feet anthems... I think people will be out in droves to see her, just like Chic as well now I think of it.

Dolly Parton isn't exactly "down with the kids" but her 9-5 song has probably been played a shit-ton at universities across the country, and I would assume I'm Coming Out and Upside Down will be MASSIVE. There's gonna be a huge crowd, way past the tree, everyone dancing.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 minute ago, glastofun said:

I hope this means no Elton. Surely they couldn’t have Diana Ross and Elton John on the same bill? 

Elton as Sunday closer after DR in legends would be the stuff of glorious wonderful insanity, and I would be all over it like Chris Martin on a guest slot.

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I think DR checks a lot demographics actually, considering she's 75... For me she's quite a similar booking; fun, dancey-disco, quite a few easy-nod-your-head and tap-your-feet anthems... I think people will be out in droves to see her, just like Chic as well now I think of it.

Dolly Parton isn't exactly "down with the kids" but her 9-5 song has probably been played a shit-ton at universities across the country, and I would assume I'm Coming Out and Upside Down will be MASSIVE. There's gonna be a huge crowd, way past the tree, everyone dancing.

If she puts in a performance half as good as Chic we are onto a winner. 

That was a glorious afternoon. Is it too early to start praying for good weather? 

Edited by Catba