Jonathan Pie

Thunderstruck

24 minutes ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

Saw him live last week in York, probably one of the funniest yet honest and up to date stand up routines I’ve heard in a long long time. 

if you get chance go see him. Just don’t be easily offended 

He seems to bridge the political divide really well, I’m not saying it is always the case but for me he promotes the views of any logical, normal person that lives in the shitstorm of today!

3 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

He seems to bridge the political divide really well, I’m not saying it is always the case but for me he promotes the views of any logical, normal person that lives in the shitstorm of today!

Definitely,  I just wish I could remember all his lines.
 His show’s based on him after he’s been sacked from the BBC after a less than politically correct slip while the camera was still rolling and he was live on air. 

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The first one I saw was one before the Brexit vote in 2016, I liked it.

I got bored quickly by his act.

Whenever I see his videos, I often agree with with them.  I just don't need it yelled at me. I get it, but is it actually funny?

Good point, I love the videos but I think more because there an explosion of frustration and common sense! There's certainly funny bits but mainly it is the common sense for me.

I saw him at Glastonbury last year. He took a while to warm up (unlike the dark blue marquee which was absolutely sweltering and some people left mid show due to the almost dangerous temperature) but once he got going was quite good.

I like most of his vid clips but based on what I saw in June wouldn't actually pay to see him.

Politically he is usually spot on IMO.

I'm starting to become weary of comedy I nod along with, which appears to poke fun at the opposite side of the political spectrum, but which seems to be liked equally by those who base themselves on the opposite side of the political spectrum.

36 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

As far as I can tell his political view points is 'don't be a twat'. I quite like that kind of life rule.

But he himself is a big massive twat.

Morthfucker made that video about how the big bad hand of cancel culture was coming for Ricky Gervais and the thought police will get us all next and why do those uppity trans have to get so upset with people who were considered lefty in the 90s? Should get a free pass for transphobia because they voted Blair you ungratefuls. Meanwhile Ricky Gervais is raking in his millions from saying "attack helicopter lol!" and the transfolk who had the temerity to point out his lazy and bad jokes were lazy and bad are still one of the most systematically oppressed demographics in every nation. Prick.

I enjoy his YouTube stuff, even if not always agreeing with it - but saw him at Glasto and really didn't think it translated well to being on stage. Probably a combination of length, the fact that he's just ranting for no reason (as opposed to getting frustrated at a news report) and the place being full of people who mostly agreed with him, therefore making it weird he was getting so flustered...

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

But he himself is a big massive twat.

Morthfucker made that video about how the big bad hand of cancel culture was coming for Ricky Gervais and the thought police will get us all next and why do those uppity trans have to get so upset with people who were considered lefty in the 90s? Should get a free pass for transphobia because they voted Blair you ungratefuls. Meanwhile Ricky Gervais is raking in his millions from saying "attack helicopter lol!" and the transfolk who had the temerity to point out his lazy and bad jokes were lazy and bad are still one of the most systematically oppressed demographics in every nation. Prick.

You got the link to the video? I think Ricky Gervais humanity if that's what you are referring to was brilliantly funny. 

Few valid points in his video. The glasto circle jerk is big on a few of them. Last year whilst everyone was busy setting up to crucify any about biodegradable baby wipes there was a another topic celebrating everyone flying in from Australia and New Zealand for the festival... 

It’s basically impossible to live emissions free, and the best thing we could do to save the planet is extinction of the human race. Not very popular so reduction is the next best. 

Glasto could have made a bigger statement by having half the tickets for coach travel only or something, maybe banning meat like shambala?