Sign in to follow this  
everest

Hellfest 2020

29 minutes ago, cristyflorin said:

Weak, last year in 90min, didnt get tickets when logging in 2h later. But Graspop turned out really good.

could have been a lot sooner but the site was just a mess, crashes, getting back to the end of the line etc.

Missed out too. Despite completely being on the ball. 

Maybe there was an expectation that Hellfest would offer something different to the rest of the euro festival touring dross. 

@Kusy: What's up with this Foo Fighters rumour? A fourth year in a row?

Have you heard about Prophets of Rage dates in Germany?

31 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Yeah, I've heard about this, too.

But they would fit Lollapalooza Paris waaaaaay better than Hellfest, so FF seems like an odd choice to me

Got FF & PoR from other source but ByZegut knows things :)

On 10/9/2019 at 4:07 PM, cristyflorin said:

Weak, last year in 90min, didnt get tickets when logging in 2h later. But Graspop turned out really good.

>selling out in 4hrs

>"weak"

Ok bro. 

14 hours ago, Kusy said:

yep, I've mentioned them on my list in the Werchter topic several weeks before ;) 

😊

We could have the line-up on November 26th around 8pm (French time).

System Of A Down - Iron Maiden - Judas Priest is the most classic they could have. But Foo Fighters have been announced 99,99% confirmed by some sources and a lot speak about Queen.

End of the suspens in 11 days!

Capture d’écran 2019-11-15 à 10.59.12.png

10 minutes ago, Archi said:

We could have the line-up on November 26th around 8pm (French time).

System Of A Down - Iron Maiden - Judas Priest is the most classic they could have. But Foo Fighters have been announced 99,99% confirmed by some sources and a lot speak about Queen.

End of the suspens in 11 days!

Capture d’écran 2019-11-15 à 10.59.12.png

Bull, they're basically repeating old Zegut and forum rumours. RATM  no europe dates, Maiden no Hellfest date as they're doing multiple fests that weekend. SOAD depends if they're doing Sunday at Graspop, only possible date. The Foos would be too soft for HF in my experience.

Edited by cristyflorin

Confirmed, 26.11. lineup announcement

Btw I cant find anymore this tweet from Eric Bureau, probably legit info about headliners so he needed to delete it...

But without ratm, my opinion

Edited by everest

1 hour ago, everest said:

Confirmed, 26.11. lineup announcement

Btw I cant find anymore this tweet from Eric Bureau, probably legit info about headliners so he needed to delete it...

But without ratm, my opinion

Well he predicted the date before Hellfest announced it. And he had to delete his tweet.

Could RATM be true?

FF are very possible for Hellfest. Hellfest also had Linkin Park in the past, so they do soft bands as headliners, thats not a problem.

Download France was less metal than Hellfest, even if we only look on the Main Stages. in 2018, the bands before the Foo's were The Hives, Frank Carter, Wolf Alice and The Noface; the second Main Stage was also very rock with only Mass Hysteria as a metal band.

Linkin Park is a different case: they were a nu-metal band at the beginning and keep fans from there.

I remember in 2010 (or 2011 ?), Hellfest booked The Prodigy as headliner to close the festival but the band finally didn't accept the deal because the festival was too metal for them. I wouldn't be really surprised if the Foo's play at Hellfest: Ben Barbaud tried some new things sometimes, Download Paris is not happening and Main Square is smaller and cheaper than Hellfest.

1 hour ago, Andrej said:

FF are very possible for Hellfest. Hellfest also had Linkin Park in the past, so they do soft bands as headliners, thats not a problem.

Were you there? I was, running between the Emperor and Coroner sets, and the field for LP was at best half empty, with OK reactions for songs from the first two albums, but when new poppier songs were tried, they were booed and people threw stuff on stage. I think there are videos on youtube of it. Not the reception for proper metal bands. Not saying that's what's gonna happen for the Foos, but it's a different audience than Slipknot fans.