Since 2015

waynewdk

So 2020 will be my first Glastonbury since 2015, the year of The Who, Florence and Kanye, so whats has changed? I'm talking everything, layout outs, procedures, atmosphere, entry, areas too crowded, new zones ect, are the changes better or worse, I've seen the maps but you can really get the gist, biggest thing I've heard is Pangea

There's a pier. It's okay. There's some woods. They're nice. JPT got way bigger. It's good.

SEC was a lot easier to get into last year - they managed to balance the nightlife a lot better - hopefully more of the same. Beat Hotel is no more as of this year.

• Like 1

By no means exhaustive but...

Gone:

Arcadia Spider

Beat Hotel

New:

Pangea

IICON

Glasto on Sea

Giant, rainbow deck chair man

Self service water kiosks

Mallets cider

Changed:

John Peel Stage

The Park and West Holts are slightly different

Glasto Latino has moved

SE Corner layout

Silver Hayes layout

Sonic stage

The paper is only 2 days

Legends slot will be super crowded forevermore, I think

Same great vibe :) (I thankfully didnt see any Bonnaroo'y instagramers last year, but I wasn't main staging it)

It’s very sad to hear the beat hotel is not going to be there in 2020. Was always great fun on a Thursday! 

I wonder if it’s going to be replaced with anything. From what I remember there was an EE tent next to it right? Hopefully they don’t just take over the space!

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s very sad to hear the beat hotel is not going to be there in 2020. Was always great fun on a Thursday! 

I wonder if it’s going to be replaced with anything. From what I remember there was an EE tent next to it right? Hopefully they don’t just take over the space!

no its getting replaced ... I read on here there was a tender out to replace it .... Im sure the Litter pickers might not be so sad about its demise though .. caused them all kinds of issues ... that does of course depend on its replacement .... 

37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I believe, from things I've seen on here, that the group that ran the Beat Hotel will have something different in the same location.

16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Did they have craft cider stalls in 2015? If not, they trialled them, expanded therm, scaled them down and removed them in the intervening years.

So probably nothing to see here!

2015 was the first year of the cider stalls

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

W Holts has repeaters and they are (very) good. 

The layout in The Park has changed a bit, it's opened up at the top end, expanding the effective arena size.

What are repeaters, only ones I know are fireworks

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Did they have craft cider stalls in 2015? If not, they trialled them, expanded therm, scaled them down and removed them in the intervening years.

So probably nothing to see here!

Can’t remember but do like a good old cider