Jump to content
Mrumpus

Local Ticket Sales

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

It’s to do with how they are affected/ disrupted. Sharp ham are not on the main road whereas street, Walton and ashcott are.

Ah a voice of reason ...it just looked like an island o all on its own 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JoeyT said:

£95 for a Sunday ticket seems very pricey mind. 

Swear it was around the £50 mark when I went on the Sunday back in 05 & 07

 

And whole weekend tickets were about £145 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kalifire said:

How come Pilton is listed as an area in which residents can “book” tickets? I thought the home crowd got complimentary tickets automatically. 

I believe that those that’s qualify still have to apply / register an interest to get them in a certain way . They don’t just pop em through the door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can people from the inner circle area able to include people from the outer circle in their transaction?

A few of my group are from Shepton, however a few others are from the outer circle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Claude said:

Can people from the inner circle area able to include people from the outer circle in their transaction?

A few of my group are from Shepton, however a few others are from the outer circle. 

From the wording on the website they can but only from 10am.

9am - 10am is inner circle only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kalifire said:

How come Pilton is listed as an area in which residents can “book” tickets? I thought the home crowd got complimentary tickets automatically. 

Not all of Pilton get the comp tickets. You have to be close to get those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Huge boost, I worked at a local supermarket for few years and it was noticeably busier from around May when the site starts getting built.

 

10 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

The festival has a policy of using local suppliers where it can. This, plus the spend in local businesses add hugely to the local economy. There is also the not inconsiderable donations made to local organisations (school PTA, carnival clubs ete etc) made in return for stuarding duties to add to that. 

The economic contribution to the area was material to the turnaround of the festival from pariah to hero - once the local authority  realised how much of a good thing the locality was on to (took a while tho). 

 

10 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

All that is very noticeable,  the town is buzzing before the festival, same goes for Street. We now also visit the area outwith festival time . 

But not all businesses. Those in Shepton are not happy because people avoid going out shopping during Glastonbury week. I know the hairdresser has a massive drop in customers during late June. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

I believe that those that’s qualify still have to apply / register an interest to get them in a certain way . They don’t just pop em through the door. 

Ahh those were the days! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some friends of mine live in West Pennard, have their road closed during the festival with security stood at the end and still don't get free tickets.

It really is as Dee says that you have to be very close to get the freebies.

Can't be more than 100 houses which sit within that boundary i'd have thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to move in with Debs next year Dee lol don't let si know tho he'll paint me green and leave up the top of the PS... That might work as well 

Too early no tea blanbbling on morning and good luck is what I mean to say.. Gxxx

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I'm going to move in with Debs next year Dee lol don't let si know tho he'll paint me green and leave up the top of the PS... That might work as well 

Too early no tea blanbbling on morning and good luck is what I mean to say.. Gxxx

I'm sure Debs will be thrilled

I'm not sure she likes/knows who PJ are but you could educate. What could possibly go wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Not all of Pilton get the comp tickets. You have to be close to get those.

there are non-comp village tickets which they can buy though. Those are in the new year. They are transferable.

1 hour ago, Claude said:

That's how i'm reading it aswell. 

Worried a majority of tickets will be gone by 10am

I think it will likely be ok. I think most got sorted last year and they make it clear they have increased the amount available.

in theory, considering there were 7000 extra tickets overall (allocated against the coaches), they should have been able to increase the local allocation without the overall total in the two main sales taking a hit.

Edited by strummer77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

there are non-comp village tickets which they can buy though. Those are in the new year. They are transferable.

As a villager we can only have one ticket each. We can transfer this if we choose.  But we can't buy any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

But not all businesses. Those in Shepton are not happy because people avoid going out shopping during Glastonbury week. I know the hairdresser has a massive drop in customers during late June. 

What's the general view of the locals to the festival now? Is the local sale seen as a sufficient benefit to the disruption caused by the festival? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

As a villager we can only have one ticket each. We can transfer this if we choose.  But we can't buy any more.

Oh yes, that's all I meant. 

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

What's the general view of the locals to the festival now? Is the local sale seen as a sufficient benefit to the disruption caused by the festival? 

The local sale is a big plus but obviously as the festival's demand has gone up across the country more have relied on the extra sale which means some have missed out recently - hence the extra tickets. I imagine the festival are aware and keen to make sure most get sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

 

 

But not all businesses. Those in Shepton are not happy because people avoid going out shopping during Glastonbury week. I know the hairdresser has a massive drop in customers during late June. 

I see your point, anytime we visit it’s glastonbury, street, Wells and of course pilton and surrounding countryside we tend to visit. The only time we saw Shepton was leaving the festival in the early hours in 2016 I decided to try and avoid traffic getting to the M5 I would try and get to cheddar. If it wasn’t for the fact that I am losing my hair I would have made a point of going to Shepton for a haircut! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

What's the general view of the locals to the festival now? Is the local sale seen as a sufficient benefit to the disruption caused by the festival? 

That all depends on whether you get a ticket or not I think.
 

also There are plenty of people who get the disruption outside of Pilton, but want nothing to do with the festival. Heathens. What can be done for them I don’t know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

 

I know the hairdresser has a massive drop in customers during late June. 

Then they're not very business minded at all. Sorry to be so blatant but if one of the biggest festivals in the world is happening on their doorstep and they feel like they're losing out then more fool them.

Get on the phone, get on the emails, get out there amongst it and get some contacts and before you know it they'll be giving blow drys and hairdos all over the festival site for a week and a half.

Edited by Cooter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

I'm sure Debs will be thrilled

I'm not sure she likes/knows who PJ are but you could educate. What could possibly go wrong 

Lol 

Bloody freaky just sat here and wife asks if you and Co needed help with village tickets lol look on here and your here lol 

Not sure if we can help.. Can we and if so we're there for you. Xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cooter said:

Then they're not very business minded at all. Sorry to be so blatant but if one of the biggest festivals in the world is happening on their doorstep and they feel like they're losing out then more fool them.

Get on the phone, get on the emails, get out there amongst it and get some contacts and before you know it they'll be giving blow drys and hairdos all over the festival site for a week and a half.

I don't think it is quite as simple as this. 

 

There are posts on here from people asking about how do they get cheap alcohol locally, for example.  The Tesco in Shepton is clearly the closest, physically.  There are even buses.  But, time, and time again, the advice you read on here is "don't bother", "it's too far".   Which, from a logistical point of view, it is.  It might be 15min in a car in October, but Festival time?  At least 2 hours.  (1 & some, if you are lucky, and the bus times align to when you arrive).  That's one-way.

 

You can see why people say "don't bother" to Tesco.

 

Off-site for a hair-cut?  I'd be advising allow 5 hours return (from the main action). 

 

I'd be interested in hearing if I am wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once the site is full, nowadays 5pm Wednesday, traffic is fine. I went to Shepton to get patio umbrellas from Argos and supplies from Tesco this year on Friday. Got a Costa (sorry, slight hangover), 1hr15m from Gate C to car, to shops and back to Gate C. Didn’t get a haircut. Left site about 11am, back just after midday.

not saying you’re wrong, and I may have been fortunate,  but it was a lot easier than I expected.

NS

Edited by Neville Street

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

That all depends on whether you get a ticket or not I think.
 

also There are plenty of people who get the disruption outside of Pilton, but want nothing to do with the festival. Heathens. What can be done for them I don’t know.

We had a holiday in the village in 2018, in fact stayed right next to the site. Found most of the villagers we talked to , including those in the pub, were very supportive of the festival. Met only one person who was a bit hostile to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know whether obtaining a locals Sunday ticket excludes you from attempting to get a weekend ticket in the April resales??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

I don't think it is quite as simple as this. 

 

There are posts on here from people asking about how do they get cheap alcohol locally, for example.  The Tesco in Shepton is clearly the closest, physically.  There are even buses.  But, time, and time again, the advice you read on here is "don't bother", "it's too far".   Which, from a logistical point of view, it is.  It might be 15min in a car in October, but Festival time?  At least 2 hours.  (1 & some, if you are lucky, and the bus times align to when you arrive).  That's one-way.

 

You can see why people say "don't bother" to Tesco.

 

Off-site for a hair-cut?  I'd be advising allow 5 hours return (from the main action). 

 

I'd be interested in hearing if I am wrong.

The suggestion was that the hairdresser travels to the festival site to provide hair cutting/styling services.

Surely being local they would have a good case for a spot if they wanted to set up one of those stalls offering blow drying/hair washing/styling services?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...