Local Ticket Sales

Mrumpus

First time they have zoned the sales. I guess that's to address some of the complaints about availability. It's only in recent years that local tix have been selling out in the same way as main sale tix which has caused some upset locally. 

There is wide suspicion that many locals have friends and relatives from out of the area registered at their home address these days. Unsurprising, given the overall demand for tix and the increasing desperation to get them. 

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

First time they have zoned the sales. I guess that's to address some of the complaints about availability. It's only in recent years that local tix have been selling out in the same way as main sale tix which has caused some upset locally. 

There is wide suspicion that many locals have friends and relatives from out of the area registered at their home address these days. Unsurprising, given the overall demand for tix and the increasing desperation to get them. 

Wide suspicion? It’s fact. Until recently, all who those who wanted one still got sorted and it allowed local residents to take some close friends and family who were often just outside the boundary.

Indeed I’m 100% sure I remember that the festival had actually (several years back when demand was not as high) even advertised it in the paper as allowing friends and family to attend. You even could change your registration to a local one right up until the date. 

However now that demand is higher a few  it makes sense that the really close villages are guaranteed ones and there will be more available for the ‘outer circle’.

Considering there’s 7000 extra coach tickets this year I guess they’ve been able to add a reasonable to the locals pot without substantially reducing those available to the wider public. 

Edited by strummer77

54 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Wide suspicion? It’s fact. Until recently, all who those who wanted one still got sorted and it allowed local residents to take some close friends and family who were often just outside the boundary.

Indeed I’m 100% sure I remember that the festival had actually (several years back when demand was not as high) even advertised it in the paper as allowing friends and family to attend. You even could change your registration to a local one right up until the date. 

However now that demand is higher a few  it makes sense that the really close villages are guaranteed ones and there will be more available for the ‘outer circle’.

Considering there’s 7000 extra coach tickets this year I guess they’ve been able to add a reasonable to the locals pot without substantially reducing those available to the wider public. 

I wonder how many tickets are being held back for 10am...as surely there must some to give the other towns at least a chance otherwise there will be uproar.

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Slightly off topic but having the festival must surely be a boost to the local economy, especially from folk like me who organise a holiday in Glastonbury and street around the festival. 

Huge boost, I worked at a local supermarket for few years and it was noticeably busier from around May when the site starts getting built.

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Slightly off topic but having the festival must surely be a boost to the local economy, especially from folk like me who organise a holiday in Glastonbury and street around the festival. 

The festival has a policy of using local suppliers where it can. This, plus the spend in local businesses add hugely to the local economy. There is also the not inconsiderable donations made to local organisations (school PTA, carnival clubs ete etc) made in return for stuarding duties to add to that. 

The economic contribution to the area was material to the turnaround of the festival from pariah to hero - once the local authority  realised how much of a good thing the locality was on to (took a while tho). 

18 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

The festival has a policy of using local suppliers where it can. This, plus the spend in local businesses add hugely to the local economy. There is also the not inconsiderable donations made to local organisations (school PTA, carnival clubs ete etc) made in return for stuarding duties to add to that. 

The economic contribution to the area was material to the turnaround of the festival from pariah to hero - once the local authority  realised how much of a good thing the locality was on to (took a while tho). 

All that is very noticeable,  the town is buzzing before the festival, same goes for Street. We now also visit the area outwith festival time .