Trolley

Sally1999

Hi all probably a silly question but been looking at different trolleys the one i found has  pneumatic tyres but just thought i would ask you weather i should go with solid wheels or the one i found it seems sterdy 

But after working at Glastonbury last year and seeing so many folk loosing there wheels i just wondered what your thoughts are.

Im travelling by train to Castle cary then shuttle bus to the site so can't really take something to big I've lurked on site for any ideas found a few but thought i would ask as well 

13 hours ago, Sally1999 said:

Hi all probably a silly question but been looking at different trolleys the one i found has  pneumatic tyres but just thought i would ask you weather i should go with solid wheels or the one i found it seems sterdy 

But after working at Glastonbury last year and seeing so many folk loosing there wheels i just wondered what your thoughts are.

Im travelling by train to Castle cary then shuttle bus to the site so can't really take something to big I've lurked on site for any ideas found a few but thought i would ask as well 

Without seeing the trolley you are considering it's difficult to pass comment. Personally I would always go for a trolley with large pneumatic tyres rather than smaller solid wheels but your choice will be restricted by size limitations in travelling by train & shuttle bus.

Have you considered a bike trailer? loads on ebay. I use one for carting kids about at festivals and they pack down flat. I also use mine for carting all my stuff into festivals and there strong and dont tip over like the garden style trollies with 4 wheels.

5 hours ago, ShuMart said:

Have you considered a bike trailer? loads on ebay. I use one for carting kids about at festivals and they pack down flat. I also use mine for carting all my stuff into festivals and there strong and dont tip over like the garden style trollies with 4 wheels.

the absolute way to go ... we cycle in from the car parks and its awesome 

7 hours ago, ShuMart said:

s-l1600.jpg

This sort of thing. Wheel unclip and the all fold flat. Strong and doesn't tip over easily

So when these aren’t on a bike.... they stay upright and able to push? Looking to get one for lugging the kids around x x

On 10/9/2019 at 2:53 PM, ShuMart said:

Just been looking at bike trailer/children buggy great idea but wondering if its loaded with bear and other bits would i have to fold buggy down on shuttle bus from castle cary to site or i suppose if i put every thing in bags i could take it out then fold buggy up and get on bus that way the train should be fine 

But thanks for your reply brilliant idea and i find it better to push then drag behind cheers

On 10/9/2019 at 9:37 AM, Lycra said:

Without seeing the trolley you are considering it's difficult to pass comment. Personally I would always go for a trolley with large pneumatic tyres rather than smaller solid wheels but your choice will be restricted by size limitations in travelling by train & shuttle bus.

Thank you pneumatic wheels it is

16 hours ago, CeriG said:

So when these aren’t on a bike.... they stay upright and able to push? Looking to get one for lugging the kids around x x

This is the newer version of the one I use

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jogger-Bicycle-Trailer-Children-Child-Bike-Trailer-2in1-Swivel-360-New/273968518991?epid=702755529&hash=item3fc9cbd74f:g:kK0AAOSw-0RbK9sd

I've has this 8 years and can still just about squeeze my 8 & 6 year old in if required. 

This type has a swivelling front wheel which makes it easier to steer.  But the main reason i bought this type is where the front wheel connects it has 2 mounting points. This is strong for an adult to sit in, the ones where you have one connection look a bit flimsy to me.

The attachment for connecting it to a bike folds back under the trailer normally. All wheels are removable so it goes totally flat. You will still be able to push this even in quite bad mud.

If you treat this with Fabsil your kids will also stay dry too!

Take a couple rolls of Duck tape with you, the amount of stuff these will carry when you have taped it all on it really good.

On 10/9/2019 at 8:38 PM, Jitterbug_87 said:

Im looking for a decent trolley this time too....cant face the walk from the car park to pennards with all my crap again so if anyone can reccommend any for me to have a look at  aswell would be much appreciated ta

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Juggernaut-Folding-Fishing-Transportation-Trolley/dp/B00MJ14R0M    after years messing round with imposters not capable of handing all weathers, a fisherman mate recommended this. Yes it was expensive but OMG it is the don of all luggage haulers, seriously worth the investment believe me.  Safely in the local lockup tent for the duration of the festival, folks were crying at my ease of carrying kit, sh'1t ended up taking extra trips to the motor just for fun.  

carp.jpg

• Upvote 1