2020 Pyramid Subs

StevieGed

15 minutes ago, nban2010 said:

Rihanna is back with two(!) new albums next year, she's surely headline material, but maybe they've convinced her to sub for the Katy Perry slot?

Nah. Rihanna is a megastar. Even though she might not have the sales of Swift or Adele - she is a bigger "star" in my opinion. She creates headlines and if she's playing - she headlines. 

You don't have Foals / 1975 as a headliner and Rihanna subbing / 3rd down.  

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Where’s Neil Young come from? Seen him mentioned a bit but thought it was just wishful thinking - any reason to think he’ll actually be there and accepting a sub slot?

Big Mick E came out with it around about the same time he blabbed Paul MacLunkey. Because Neil had the info against Paul we assumed Michael was just being a gasbag and ignored him, but today's happenings give us hope that the old goat is on his way to Worthy Farm.

Although if he was willing to play and not headline surely it'd have been this year with Promise Of The Real.

Someone posted in the Rock Werchter thread earlier that Neil Young was meant to be touring in Europe next summer but now won't be touring. 

I wouldn't be too surprised if Noel is an Other stage headliner. I originally thought he'd be Pyramid or nothing but I could see him being quite happy to headline a big stage and he'd still draw a big crowd up against Taylor/another pop headliner. Elbow seem the obvious contender for Pyramid sub imo, maybe Dua Lipa too if they want a female sub and can't get Lana Del Rey again.

Been thinking recently that I kind of want Haim to sub the Pyramid. Unlikely to happen because I imagine they're willing to settle for less, but their tours look pretty similar to that of Vampire Weekend and I suppose The National at the time that they played and I'm sure they'd do a decent job of it. Not predicting it but it'd be a good move.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Been thinking recently that I kind of want Haim to sub the Pyramid. Unlikely to happen because I imagine they're willing to settle for less, but their tours look pretty similar to that of Vampire Weekend and I suppose The National at the time that they played and I'm sure they'd do a decent job of it. Not predicting it but it'd be a good move.

They're good mates with Swifty eh? Could make sense if she has a say in it. 

On 11/18/2019 at 1:50 PM, FloorFiller said:

Where’s Neil Young come from? Seen him mentioned a bit but thought it was just wishful thinking - any reason to think he’ll actually be there and accepting a sub slot?

Absolutely none. We don’t know if he’s even touring here next summer - he told Mojo he wants to go out with Crazy Horse but that’s dependent of whether Nils Lofgren is touring with the E-Street Band. And even if he is, he ain’t subbing. I know he went on before Dylan at Hyde Park, but that was a joint-headline affair.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I feel like they've not really lived up to their hype and sub Pyramid would be too high. Maybe they will gain some popularity with a new album. But I think third Pyramid or sub Other. 

On 10/16/2019 at 3:07 PM, nban2010 said:

Rihanna is back with two(!) new albums next year, she's surely headline material, but maybe they've convinced her to sub for the Katy Perry slot?

I saw Rihanna headline Pukkelpop a couple of years back. Be careful what you wish for (not that you're wishing for her).

Edited by TheNewUnion

1 minute ago, Festival Liam said:

I feel like they've not really lived up to their hype and sub Pyramid would be too high. Maybe they will gain some popularity with a new album. But I think third Pyramid or sub Other. 

Yeah I think they will be around there too but, as said, just a musing. They seem to have been perennially lowballed. They do the shows that subs do; they sold out 2x Ally Pally in one morning last year and also filled up the Other field a couple of years back. Probably about the biggest female-fronted rock band they could realistically book so I think it'd be good on that front.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I think they will be around there too but, as said, just a musing. They seem to have been perennially lowballed. They do the shows that subs do; they sold out 2x Ally Pally in one morning last year and also filled up the Other field a couple of years back. Probably about the biggest female-fronted rock band they could realistically book so I think it'd be good on that front.

Got a great crowd considering the Killers were playing (I’d have seen them if they weren’t) and Chic too I believe (could have been Barry gibb)

I dont get the love for LDR. I hope she isnt on before Swift or Macca. I justbtried listening to her album & it bored me to tears. I want something with a bit more life & energy. 

I get she's big enough, but it's just depressing to my ears. Proper chin strokey stuff.

In the words of Andy Townsend "Not for me Clive". 

Lizzo before Swift please. 

Noel G before Macca.

Danke.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop