Campervan Glasto?!?

Katie_b

Hey everyone! We have been going to Glasto for years, but want to go with a camper this year for the first time having got tickets (yes!) and I have been looking at the forum regarding getting a Campervan pass. So I just want to ask a couple of questions as there are few different inputs...

Is it really hard to get a Campervan pass?

East sounds better if you like it lively and want to avoid the hill? 

We were going to head down on Thursday arriving about 10am is this a bad idea for a good position? 

Many thanks, Kate :)

22 minutes ago, Katie_b said:

Is it really hard to get a Campervan pass?

East sounds better if you like it lively and want to avoid the hill? 

We were going to head down on Thursday arriving about 10am is this a bad idea for a good position? 

Many thanks, Kate :)

No, even if they sell out first time round, don't panic. Lots come back on the resale and more pop up days and weeks after that so don't fret over it.

I used a motor-home for the first time this year and stayed in East. The hill really isn't that much of a problem - maybe it is hell if it's muddy but I didn't get that thankfully. East isn't lively as in 'raving' through to the morning! It just means people can have music on or chat louder that you would in quiet. I never saw or heard any partying in East that you would call loud at all.

Thursday arrival means you'll be right near the back which means a longer walk into the festival but you'll get out quicker on Monday. I arrived Tuesday evening and was parked quite far back in E16. You'll want to be arriving Tuesday lunchtime for prime spots or just go for East Quiet and you'll be closer to the gate - just don't have a rave!

4 minutes ago, ShuMart said:

Can you select the quiet area of East when booking or do you ask for it on the day. Planning on taking kids with me

It is a different ticket selection when you book. You can choose East Quiet, or East (General).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gilb said:

I used a motor-home for the first time this year and stayed in East. The hill really isn't that much of a problem - maybe it is hell if it's muddy but I didn't get that thankfully. East isn't lively as in 'raving' through to the morning! It just means people can have music on or chat louder that you would in quiet. I never saw or heard any partying in East that you would call loud at all.

!

Thanks for the response Gilb! On reading other blogs I thought the hill of death was West? I once stayed up on a hill by the stone circle when they first had already erected tents and that hill was it horrendous! Is this the same area? 

And it’s good to know about the resales if we don’t have any luck ? Just booked our camper - so bloomin excited 

1 hour ago, Katie_b said:

Thanks for the response Gilb! On reading other blogs I thought the hill of death was West? I once stayed up on a hill by the stone circle when they first had already erected tents and that hill was it horrendous! Is this the same area? 

And it’s good to know about the resales if we don’t have any luck ? Just booked our camper - so bloomin excited 

The hill of death is definitely East, right outside Gate C. The walk back to West is uphill but is a long steady even slope, not on the scale of the East hill of death! I have heard that when it's muddy they lay ropes down to help people haul themselves up it as its so slippery. There is a slightly longer winding route up the same slope which is easier. However as I said the only time I had to use it it was a heatwave :)

The stone circle is in a completely different zone to both East and West I think . That is indeed also a steep one, leading up to Strummerville - which is really great once you get up there!