2020 Competitions Thread

cb4747

1 minute ago, semmtexx said:

Also from the t&cs. 

5. Potential winners will be drawn at random from all entries with the correct answer. A short list of up to 50 numbers will be generated once the 10 minute window has closed. The shortlisted callers will be called back in the order they were selected, live on the air. The prize will be won as soon as the phone is answered. The prize will not be won if the call is diverted to answerphone. If the call is not answered on the first attempt, or if there is no answer after 30 seconds of the phone ringing, or the shortlisted caller is rude or abusive then they will fail to win the prize. The next entrant on the list will then be called.

I'm going to have to wrap up that call to Greg James sharpish if I'm going to manage not being rude to him!😝

To be fair I'd probably let him slip me one if meant I got tickets!!🤣

For once I’m going to have my phone on me as I’m expecting an important call ... 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

im yet to find it anywhere !! saw someone on twitter with it ... still lots of time though 

Apparently it's sold in Tesco, but neither of the small ones near me. Going to go a little out of my way and try a bigger one on Wednesday. I would order online but no guarantee you get the promotional packs.

Good luck with the Radio One comp tomorrow all! As luck would have it I am working from home from 7.30, albeit on something fairly time sensitive around 8ish...

13 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Silly question but for clarification... I assume lines remain open after all three clues are given? So I don’t have to take a punt after the first two clues?

Sorry I’ve only just come on so probably answering this a bit late... but I Elvis they don’t open the lines until the 3rd clue then there was a 10 minute window to text the correct answer before they call the winner. Seems they’re always under 25/30 though....

Interested as to how people know the age of the winners? He didn't ask the winner on the radio and said the numbers were randomly selected. I don't think it's legal to discriminate on age and presume it's because you need to be over 18 to enter.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Cheers ... looks like the stock is beginning to hit stores then :) 

I’ve not been to a ‘regular’ Tesco’s in ages but these were in the ‘Extra’ stores I’ve popped into on the way back from school.

I don’t like the drink but £7 is rather a bargain when Strongbow is £11 in my local Express/Metro (it was £8 over Xmas).

1 minute ago, Bisque said:

I’ve not been to a ‘regular’ Tesco’s in ages but these were in the ‘Extra’ stores I’ve popped into on the way back from school.

I don’t like the drink but £7 is rather a bargain when Strongbow is £11 in my local Express/Metro (it was £8 over Xmas).

at least you are buying after school and not before .... but I hope your local Tesco are checking ID :) .... dont spend all of your pocket money though :) 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I wasn't ... I was joking ... maybe lost on an internet forum ... thankyou ... thats why I gave you the upvote by the way 

I know. I was pulling your plonker.

edit: it was the smiley faces that gave it away.

Edited by Bisque

1 hour ago, Bisque said:

Big Tesco’s on South coast seem to have Mallet’s in stock, seen it in three larger stores so far. £7 for 12 in Tesco.

4BA51A05-6DE8-40E2-B1A9-FA28540BE80A.jpeg

Seven quid! Seven quid?  Because of the fecking  minimum pricing in scotland Tesco is selling the12 can pack up here for £13.20! They arnt allowed any discounting or bogof deals .  

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Seven quid! Seven quid?  Because of the fecking  minimum pricing in scotland Tesco is selling the12 can pack up here for £13.20! They arnt allowed any discounting or bogof deals .  

I spent New Years in Glasgow. Bought a crate of Strongbow & was surprised at how expensive it was & that I had to ask for it from behind the counter in a Tesco Express.

for anyone entering the Mallets comp ive had a bit of a small brainwave ... if people could hold back from entering the codes until after the resale .... and then if they have been lucky in this then the codes could still have some use and be donated to other members on the spreadsheet that weren't so lucky in the resale , or they could then use them themselves if they had no luck ... hope this makes sense :) 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

for anyone entering the Mallets comp ive had a bit of a small brainwave ... if people could hold back from entering the codes until after the resale .... and then if they have been lucky in this then the codes could still have some use and be donated to other members on the spreadsheet that weren't so lucky in the resale , or they could then use them themselves if they had no luck ... hope this makes sense :) 

Lovely idea but I'll do anything I can do to avoid the resale I'm afraid! No way i could sit on that code until afterwards. Mind you, I can't find the bloody stuff anywhere, so it's a moot point for me really...

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Lovely idea but I'll do anything I can do to avoid the resale I'm afraid! No way i could sit on that code until afterwards. Mind you, I can't find the bloody stuff anywhere, so it's a moot point for me really...

U won’t avoid the resale even if you use the codes ... the draw is after on June the 7th so there is potentially no point using it before ... so if u already have tickets the code will be wasted 

Edited by crazyfool1

29 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Good idea!