2020 Competitions Thread

cb4747

Imagine how gutted you’d be if you missed out on the April round and forgot to enter the codes. Bit like if you’d barred premium texts on your phone and then forgotten all about it. Gah!

Edited by semmtexx

2 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Imagine how gutted you’d be if you missed out on the April round and forgot to enter the codes. Bit like if you’d barred premium texts on your phone and then forgotten all about it. Gah!

Yeah that's the problem. It's a lovely idea to keep the codes in case you get lucky in the resale but if you're anything like me who's trying to get the festival via as many avenues as I can find, it might be good to just enter the codes out of the way and then try and forget about the draw!

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It really makes no difference as if you are lucky in the resale and lucky in the competition, you can let Malletts know and they will redraw.

they won't need to if someone from here has those codes .... effectively the same result as someone that wants tickets will get them ... but im hoping its someone from here ... anyway good luck either way :) 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

As I say, I can't find the cider anyway so don't think it will be an issue for me!

Pretty depressed to hear that the draw isn't until 7 June. If I didn't know I was going by then I'd have pretty much written it off.

Yep an earlier one would have been far better ... but not so good for the sales of that product ... it’s one of those last hopes things ... potentially like some work that might well crop up 

2 minutes ago, zico martin said:

I saw that tesco online had mallets so I went up to our local extra store in Swansea to pick some up but they were all without the glastonbury comp :(

I'll keep looking though and hope that they get rid of their current stock asap!

The way things are ordered it might mean that until it sells it won't be reordered ..... unless you hide it somewhere in the shop that they can find ... and someone manually zeros a count on it thinking there is none ... 

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The way things are ordered it might mean that until it sells it won't be reordered ..... unless you hide it somewhere in the shop that they can find ... and someone manually zeros a count on it thinking there is none ... 

Yeah that's my worry, guess my best bet is just to make sure whenever I go out for day trips or weekends away with the family I may a point of checking all the off licences and supermarkets instead of the gift shops!

3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Yeah that's my worry, guess my best bet is just to make sure whenever I go out for day trips or weekends away with the family I may a point of checking all the off licences and supermarkets instead of the gift shops!

yep ... not sure how well it would shift under (normal ) circumstances ... maybe better in the West country :) ... bigger tescos  early in the morning is your best chance ... 

Edited by crazyfool1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep ... not sure how well it would shift under (normal ) circumstances ... maybe better in the West country :) ... bigger tescos  early in the morning is your best chance ... 

324AF945-64CD-43A0-8106-748B9677ACBB.thumb.jpeg.ef1638dd30bbf7399ce1619525967750.jpegb

bloody blooming found this today  NE Scotland  no Glastonbury promotion but maybe it’s on the  Way !!!! Never seen this here before !!!!!!! Xxs

13 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

Random question, is it actually nice cider?

Thats as tough one to answer ..... My personal thoughts on it are that its ok but not quite as nice as Thatchers .... but I prefer my ciders slightly sweeter ..... but putting it slightly differently im not exactly forcing it down my neck and the competition potential prize is a great sweetener 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thats as tough one to answer ..... My personal thoughts on it are that its ok but not quite as nice as Thatchers .... but I prefer my ciders slightly sweeter ..... but putting it slightly differently im not exactly forcing it down my neck and the competition potential prize is a great sweetener 

1 hour ago, SecretFish said:

It’s middle of the road cider. Like @crazyfool1 I prefer thatchers (esp haze) but this is ok

They sell Thatcher's in New Zealand. I've never tried it but I might give it a go.

On 1/25/2020 at 6:57 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Probably be easier to find from March onwards when Mallets start promoting the competition - I reckon it's just production reasons why we've got a few crates with codes slipping through this early