2020 Competitions Thread

cb4747

I didn't get tickets. Booked a holiday to Wales to cheer me up. Perhaps I'll get lucky and win tickets, who knows?!
But either way I'd love to share all the Glastonbury ticket competitions I find in the hope that it can help someone get there. 

Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I didn't get tickets. Booked a holiday to Wales to cheer me up. Perhaps I'll get lucky and win tickets, who knows?!
But either way I'd love to share all the Glastonbury ticket competitions I find in the hope that it can help someone get there. 

Good luck!

Sorry to hear you didn't get any.

It's always unfortunate to see one of the helpful regulars miss out - rather than selfish b*st*rds like myself obvs ;) 

I keep saying to others nobody is any more or less entitled when they say you have been lots haven't you ... why didn't you get tickets automatically ?! doesnt help any sadness though ..... Good luck with the comps guys .. we've had luck in the past on this thread and we will have luck this year 

18 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I keep saying to others nobody is any more or less entitled when they say you have been lots haven't you ... why didn't you get tickets automatically ?! doesnt help any sadness though ..... Good luck with the comps guys .. we've had luck in the past on this thread and we will have luck this year 

I feel ya! I know some newbies who got tickets and I am super happy that they get to experience the wonderful place, I'm lucky to have been before so it does fill me with a warm fuzzy feeling imagining their faces when they see it all for the first time. 
And yes, I have a feeling at least one of us will get lucky! Mark my words... ?

18 hours ago, clarkete said:

Sorry to hear you didn't get any.

It's always unfortunate to see one of the helpful regulars miss out - rather than selfish b*st*rds like myself obvs ;) 

It's okay! We have a young daughter and there are other financial reasons why it's not the end of the world for us. But winning tickets on the other hand... ?

19 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Good luck!

You might find that has the adverse effect, mind. It rains a lot here :lol: 

23 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

You might find that has the adverse effect, mind. It rains a lot here :lol: 

My friend, we want the rain. That's why we are going in September. I've heard Wales has some of the finest specimens in the fungi family... 

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2019 at 2:37 PM, cb4747 said:

Good luck!

Thanks for setting this up. 

Fingers crossed someone on here is lucky x

On 10/8/2019 at 2:38 PM, cb4747 said:

https://www.waterstones.com/win/glastonbury-50-prize-draw

Purchase necessary. Non transferable. Etc. Etc. 
Ends before midnight 30/10/2019 

Yea good way to sell their book.. Lol.. Thought it abit cheeky tbh.. I WAS going to buy the book but I'll wait for ebay now.. 

6 hours ago, cb4747 said:

I've heard Wales has some of the finest specimens in the fungi family... 

I know of a couple who live in a certain place in Wales, where certain fungi grow in much abundance. So much so, in fact, that they harvest them on an a semi industrial scale. Then they dry them out in all sorts of out buildings. Then they sell them - mostly, it would appear, to half my mates in Birmingham. The money gained from this activity helps them get along throughout the year. So, its a win / win for everybody. Well, everybody except others who would 'frown' on such an enterprise.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I'm sure someone checked and they confirmed all pre-orders would be counted, not just the ones since the announcement of the competition.

Oh good, I must have missed that, I ordered mine very early, one signed version. I'd rather be in the competition than have a signed copy.

22 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea good way to sell their book.. Lol.. Thought it abit cheeky tbh.. I WAS going to buy the book but I'll wait for ebay now.. 

If you were going to buy it anyway, then surely buying it with a chance (albeit a VERY slim chance) of getting a ticket would be worth the price of the book? Still have a few quid left over from the amount for the deposit we all just missed out on paying ?

On top of all the other chances of competitions and the ballot it doesn't hurt if you were going to do it anyway :)

1 hour ago, Sallyjk said:

If you were going to buy it anyway, then surely buying it with a chance (albeit a VERY slim chance) of getting a ticket would be worth the price of the book? Still have a few quid left over from the amount for the deposit we all just missed out on paying ?

On top of all the other chances of competitions and the ballot it doesn't hurt if you were going to do it anyway :)

Well you are absolutely right.. Only thing is that I have a ticket thankfully so it's for my daughter.. I've not looked at the price etc.. She doesn't want the book but I could send her down.. I've been a bit grumpy lately so been knocking everything have even had thoughts of throwing in my ticket as its just so not glastonbury anymore.. 

Started watching that Brassic yesterday which cheered me up but so tired I was asleep by 6.30 half way through episode 4.. 

Thank you for pointing out that I was being a bit of a idiot... Usually its the wife.. 

Fuck now I'm yaking on mostly about fuck all.. 

I want a stilz lift fitted in my house that would be cool.. Ok back to life..

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Don't you have a ticket? Good point actually: what happens if someone with a ticket wins one? Is it transferable?

No but don't get me started I've just stopped lol

Just thought she.... My darling daughter could buy it for my Xmas present.... She never knows what to get me apart from pearl jam and I've got most all of that..... Thanks Sally and zoo.. 

Edited by guypjfreak

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I've been a bit grumpy lately so been knocking everything have even had thoughts of throwing in my ticket as its just so not glastonbury anymore.. 

If that's how you feel, then please do put your ticket back in the pot as I'm sure anyone in this thread would love to have it. 

• Upvote 1