Graspop 2020

Death By Sexy

10 hours ago, Metalrockx said:

SOAD and Judas Priest play together on sunday, so I still hope they do the same at Graspop on saturday...

Judas Priest has been announced as Saturday headliner. SOAD will play Rock Werchter (or nothing in Belgium).

We should have Faith No More as Sunday headliner but I'm still wondering which band they booked for Friday... hope we'll not have Scorpions again in the end.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 1:02 AM, Ken19 said:

No

No SOAD at Graspop? Someone sure dropped the ball on that one.. how is this even possible?

SOAD are playing nearly every major rock & metalfestival in Europe (Nova Rock, Resurrection Fest, Download Festival, Hellfest, Provinnsi, Rock am Ring, etc) and they won't be playing at Graspop? That's just sad. It's even embarrassing for Graspop.

I was disappointed 2 years ago when they ended up at Rock Werchter. I am even more disappointed this time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnpf1 said:

Just heard on the radio. AC/DC is for sure touring next year.

I also heard this from several sides + some rumours about festivals. 
But still rumours and thoughts, so won't be sharing them until I have some more reliable information :)

13 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Have you followed this thread the last couple of months?? He has been clear enough. 

I expect that AC/DC does a tour announcement this month, like they did in december before last tour.

Since the band has a poor communication towards the fans, I hope that an insider hears it sooner than the rest of the world...

Edited by Metalrockx
  • Upvote 1

Ticket sales are going well on fomo at the moment I think. On the idea of a special edition with at least 1 really special headliner. Also because of the extra day it creates high expectations (based also on the line ups of the last 2 years). Just hope that that trend can continue with this edition. A higher standard is what is expected now. Also with the broadening of the genres it creates more of a challenge. 

• Like 1

Facebook message from Metalfan.nl:

"Who will be the missing main act for Pinkpop 2020?

The Pinkpop Festival has already announced that Red Hot Chili Peppers and Post Malone will headline the first two days of the Limburg event next year, but who will be the closing of the festival on Sunday 21 June?

The accompanying poster, which is currently circulating on the internet, is probably fake (FAKE!), But we don't think it is such a bad idea. A hard rock day with both Guns N ’Roses and the acts Volbeat and Disturbed, which had already been confirmed before that date, would certainly make us hesitate to come to Landgraaf next year."

I think that if Guns ‘N Roses play at Pinkpop on Sunday, there is a good chance that they will headline in Dessel on Friday…

GNR Pinkpop.jpg

For a lot of people Graspop and SOAD was logic. But the booking of SOAD is very interesting for the organization. The ticket sales, the show, the band, everything was impressive. Also on an economic base, perfect booking. The fans of SOAD are not bad for the drink sales ;-). 

• Upvote 1

I understand why Werchter would love to book them again, but I feel it's a bit unfair. Werchter had them 2 years ago already.

Business is business. I get that.

But I have a foul taste in my mouth because of this.

edit: Went to Werchter once. Never again. I don't mind paying the money. I mind the atmosphere and the other music bands at that festival. 90% of the music just isn't for me. Yeah, I'm not mister charming when it comes to other music styles. I know.

Edited by Mo6
  • Like 1