1 minute ago, Archi said:

I didn't know it was only possible to edit a post once... I wanted to suggest a new version of what the line-up could be. And I still miss 3 big bands... no idea anymore. Someone?

Thursday
MS1: Iron Maiden - Alter Bridge - Airbourne - Danko Jones - The Pretty Reckless - Evil Invaders.
MS2 : Bring Me The Horizon - TBA - Billy Talent - P.O.D - Skindred - TBA.

Friday
MS1: Faith No More - TBA - Steel Panther - Skillet - Battle Beast - Heathen.
MS2: Nightwish - Powerwolf - BabyMetal - Heaven Shall Burn - Alestorm - Spoil Engine.

Saturday
MS1: Judas Priest - TBA - Running Wild - Saxon - Foreigner - Stake.
MS2: KoRn - Disturbed - Mastodon - Down - Of Mice And Men - Powerflo.

Sunday
MS1: Aerosmith - Deep Purple - Killswitch Engage - Sepultura - Thunder - TBA.
MS2: The Offspring - Deftones - Body Count - Suicidal Tendencies - Frank Carter - Brutus.

would love for this to be true but sadly graspop doesn't book that much belgian bands. Would love the tradition of having at least one belgian band on one of the mainstages per day but I doubt it.

42 minutes ago, Archi said:

I didn't expect them anymore. A little surprise. Are they the headliner "bigger than usual" you spoke about? Would be sick to still have Faith No More on Sunday to have a huge line-up like Sunday in 2018. But this line-up on Sunday 21 looks already sick, didn't expect a big headliner that day!

I guess we should have something like this now: 

Thursday
MS1: Iron Maiden - Alter Bridge - Airbourne - Danko Jones - TBA - TBA.
MS2 : TBA - TBA - TBA - P.O.D - TBA - TBA.

Friday
MS1: Faith No More - TBA - Steel Panther - TBA - Battle Beast - Heathen.
MS2: Bring Me The Horizon - Powerwolf - BabyMetal - Heaven Shall Burn - Alestorm - TBA.

Saturday
MS1: Judas Priest - TBA - TBA - TBA - Foreigner - TBA.
MS2: KoRn - Disturbed - Mastodon - Down - Of Mice And Men - Powerflo.

Sunday
MS1: Aerosmith - Deep Purple - Killswitch Engage - Sepultura - Thunder - TBA.
MS2: The Offspring - Deftones - Body Count - Suicidal Tendencies - Frank Carter - TBA.

I think that Bring Me The Horizon will be at Pukkelpop 2020

According to the Facebook of dutch metalmagazine Aardschok, Gojira is also on Werchter!
However, this has not yet been announced. Day is unknown:
ROCK WERCHTER
2 - 5 July, Festival Park - Werchter (B)

GOJIRA, PEARL JAM and SYSTEM OF A DOWN.

https://www.facebook.com/officialaardschok/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARBVr2JRqECNzSQP6_e6XPvR-C-kh_3HZim5XT0ii4e36lMQff6mXVscoakbziuzLwUk1o8Z1E6lYhvA&hc_ref=ART9Mm1PoW_F-eupySVtkaVfZ-eYhQisLzOmbfVyACnOCK1SGridZntn_3ooSxZq7w0&fref=nf

27 minutes ago, Metalrockx said:

On the graspopforum of Festileaks, there is an unlikely story that Werchter has outbid GMM for SOAD, but has not concluded an exclusivity contract. According to an insider, GMM is still trying to get SOAD ...

https://forum.festileaks.com/forums/topic/graspop-metal-meeting-2020-nieuws-en-geruchten/page/140/

Nope, in Belgium we call this ‘kwatsh’...

unbelievable, you can believe what you want, it is the same booker for both festivals, the finances of graSpop are under control by live nation

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Woke juice said:
@Ken19 Should we still expect a bigger headliner worth the wait for Friday or has things changed and Aerosmith now fills that role? Just curious I am happy with Aerosmith.

Not sure how things exactly changed. There are some day switches happening. I think we'll know by the end of next week. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Not sure how things exactly changed. There are some day switches happening. I think we'll know by the end of next week. 

I guess all these changes explain why we still don't have any official poster from the festival!

On 11/12/2019 at 11:54 PM, Ken19 said:

Sunday they have 4 potential ms2 headliners: deftones, disturbed, the offspring and deep purple. 
I expect a smaller, cheaper, headliner this day. Nightwish is a realistic option.

On Friday they have room for a very big name.

What happened? This post doesn't seem to make any sense anymore

1 hour ago, Mo6 said:

What happened? This post doesn't seem to make any sense anymore

Yeah, some switches, that happens. 

Most important thing is that all these bands are coming to Graspop. 

I'm reading all over the internet the craziest stories. The Graspopfans are really too frustrated about System Of A Down. In fact, this band is already booked a long time ago. 

Long story short. In 2016, when the bookings for 2017 were happening, Graspop had all of his 3 headliners booked: Kiss, Ozzy & Avenged Sevenfold. Then came the opportunity to book SOAD (Live Nation offered them first), but with all headline acts already booked, they had to let go SOAD. After some talk RW decided to put them on Rock Werchter. The band and agent were really nice, easy going negotiations, they were happy to get a high spot and play on a festival with 90000 visitors. Closing the day was not a thing (Green Day doesn't want to co headline with SOAD, and they stopped the negotiations). That is really interesting for a band, the size of the festival, something that people forget too fast. 

The unbelievable thing happened then. All the 3 headliners of Graspop canceled their performances because of various reasons. In the time frame of a few weeks. 1 band can happen, but all 3 is never been seen. Live Nation tried to change SOAD from (nog announcements were already made) RW to Graspop. But the band refused. RW was far more interesting. Because Graspop was desperate, Herman Schueremans was lobbying and contacting all of his network, in search of a big headliner. Guns 'N Roses only wanted to play TW Classic, because it was a day festival with 4 support acts (that is how it was sold), their main focus was on arena shows. 

Back that day, Herman has a very good relationship with the agent of Rammstein (same agent as Kraftwerk, just a fun fact). Contacted some other festivals, and after some thinking from band and management, Rammstein did the tour. Graspop was saved. Be honest, they first announced Evanescence and Deep Purple. Which is too weak as headliners. Scorpions were offered later. Now is this impossible by the way, Rammstein changed their management and agent. These people refuse to work with Live Nation. 

The show on RW 2017 was an enormous succes. The band and entourage were very happy, RW had a nice time with them too (very professional, correct team to work with). When they were offered for 2020, Live Nation put Graspop also on the table. But for the band and management, it was clear, they want to come back to Werchter. And Werchter was also happy to do is off course. I already said that the booking of SOAD was very interesting on many bases. 

It is always the same. When a band is coming to RW, and they fit Graspop, they are always angry on Werchter, Live Nation, Schueremans. in 2004 Schueremans tried to put Metallica on Graspop. But Metallica only wanted to come back to Werchter. Their favorite festival. When Volbeat was booked for 2013, not really a succes but they are going to try it again this year, the Graspop people also mad. GNR 2017, again. And go on. But they forget that a band can choose too. They can choose different. There are each year bands that Werchter wants and they finally play on Dour, Les Ardentes, Cactus... because they get a nicer spot on the line up. 

I hope this make things clear. And that all these wild stories can stop. This business is complicated but also very easy to understand. Graspop is very important for Schueremans and Live Nation. They are co owner, they book a lot of the bands. Last fun fact, in the office of Live Nation Belgium hangs a portret of Iron Maiden (with Eddie), the face of Eddie is changed by the face of Herman Schueremans. A gift from the Iron Maiden entourage many years ago. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

I'm reading all over the internet the craziest stories. The Graspopfans are really too frustrated about System Of A Down. In fact, this band is already booked a long time ago. 

Long story short. In 2016, when the bookings for 2017 were happening, Graspop had all of his 3 headliners booked: Kiss, Ozzy & Avenged Sevenfold. Then came the opportunity to book SOAD (Live Nation offered them first), but with all headline acts already booked, they had to let go SOAD. After some talk RW decided to put them on Rock Werchter. The band and agent were really nice, easy going negotiations, they were happy to get a high spot and play on a festival with 90000 visitors. Closing the day was not a thing (Green Day doesn't want to co headline with SOAD, and they stopped the negotiations). That is really interesting for a band, the size of the festival, something that people forget too fast. 

The unbelievable thing happened then. All the 3 headliners of Graspop canceled their performances because of various reasons. In the time frame of a few weeks. 1 band can happen, but all 3 is never been seen. Live Nation tried to change SOAD from (nog announcements were already made) RW to Graspop. But the band refused. RW was far more interesting. Because Graspop was desperate, Herman Schueremans was lobbying and contacting all of his network, in search of a big headliner. Guns 'N Roses only wanted to play TW Classic, because it was a day festival with 4 support acts (that is how it was sold), their main focus was on arena shows. 

Back that day, Herman has a very good relationship with the agent of Rammstein (same agent as Kraftwerk, just a fun fact). Contacted some other festivals, and after some thinking from band and management, Rammstein did the tour. Graspop was saved. Be honest, they first announced Evanescence and Deep Purple. Which is too weak as headliners. Scorpions were offered later. Now is this impossible by the way, Rammstein changed their management and agent. These people refuse to work with Live Nation. 

The show on RW 2017 was an enormous succes. The band and entourage were very happy, RW had a nice time with them too (very professional, correct team to work with). When they were offered for 2020, Live Nation put Graspop also on the table. But for the band and management, it was clear, they want to come back to Werchter. And Werchter was also happy to do is off course. I already said that the booking of SOAD was very interesting on many bases. 

It is always the same. When a band is coming to RW, and they fit Graspop, they are always angry on Werchter, Live Nation, Schueremans. in 2004 Schueremans tried to put Metallica on Graspop. But Metallica only wanted to come back to Werchter. Their favorite festival. When Volbeat was booked for 2013, not really a succes but they are going to try it again this year, the Graspop people also mad. GNR 2017, again. And go on. But they forget that a band can choose too. They can choose different. There are each year bands that Werchter wants and they finally play on Dour, Les Ardentes, Cactus... because they get a nicer spot on the line up. 

I hope this make things clear. And that all these wild stories can stop. This business is complicated but also very easy to understand. Graspop is very important for Schueremans and Live Nation. They are co owner, they book a lot of the bands. Last fun fact, in the office of Live Nation Belgium hangs a portret of Iron Maiden (with Eddie), the face of Eddie is changed by the face of Herman Schueremans. A gift from the Iron Maiden entourage many years ago. 

Man Ken, those storys. I would love to have a beer with you. I'd be on the edge of my seat all night.

• Upvote 3

Does that mean Volbeat for Rock Werchter then? Playing same day as SOAD I'd assume, what sorta slot would that be?

48 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Does that mean Volbeat for Rock Werchter then? Playing same day as SOAD I'd assume, what sorta slot would that be?

I hope they place Gojira on the same day as SOAD, that could convince me to go.

Volbeat can be a bonus, but nothing more...

22 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Thank you @Ken19 for this, and the story.

I would love to have your job and see the other side of the mirror 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xydroh said:

Did they do all of this for pinkpop? so they can have faith no more on sunday?

No, is for Aerosmith. By the way, Aerosmith came in the picture not that long ago (in festival terms). They are trying to put some extra solid names on Friday now. FNM is nog strong enough to have all the weight on their shoulders. Great name nonetheless. 

Edited by Ken19

2 minutes ago, xydroh said:

Did they do all of this for pinkpop? so they can have faith no more on sunday?

FNM will not be playing at Pinkpop. 

Just now, Ken19 said:

No, is for Aerosmith. By the way, they came in the picture not that long ago (in festival terms). 

so the big booking didn't go through?

Just now, xydroh said:

so the big booking didn't go through?

Aerosmith not big enough? 

But I think where you are referring to, no. But it was worth trying. 

Just now, Ken19 said:

Aerosmith not big enough? 

But I think where you are referring to, no. But it was worth trying. 

Would love to have your insight on all this festival stuff sounds very interesting, any chance you can say the name or is that asking too much