Graspop 2020

Death By Sexy

still very apparent that the friday is the weakest day. was hoping to see mastodon, 3 doors down, etc on that day. Also some strange positions in the metalcore genre. Porbably because some of these names were more recently booked than others?

Wage war being booked lower than crystal lake while crystal lake supports wage war on tour for example. chelsea grin being booked at a way too high spot in regards to the tickets that band brings in. Northlane also booked too low , that band is bigger than chelsea grin and suicide silence nowadays.

6 minutes ago, Booster said:

Friday is still short a few logo bands. Very surprised that Nightwish weren't announced - this makes me think that they are being held back and could be a headline possibility for 2021. Maybe FFDP and Saxon to come?

I think that would be the case if they started to sell more tickets, but them not being able to sell out lotto arena is telling to me. I'd love to see a nightwish headline with the stipulation that the day itself has a very strong program but I think they're just a tad short of being headliner at this point. Maybe with a strong new album that could change.

Edited by xydroh

Aerosmith were supposed to play on Friday like said Kent a few times last year. Big headliner, cheapest day. But now it makes a really weak day... with one again a Super Sunday like in 2018. But I think we'll still have a big name for Friday. If we don't count the 2 Belgian bands for the Red Bull Metal Dome on Thursday, there are only 8 bands left to announce. They won't do a small announce with 8 middle/small bands next month. I still hope Nightwish as MS2 headliner on Friday! Even if I'd prefer a more rare band at the festival like Bring Me The Horizon: they could fit so well with BabyMetal and Enter Shikari on the same stage. Maybe Gojira if they don't play at Werchter? Anyway it wouldn't make any sense to get a last announcement without important names.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, The Black said:

Iron Maiden are not going to be at Graspop 2021: https://ironmaiden.com/news/article/legacy-of-the-beast-touring-update-2020-21

I've seen Iron Maiden once and I think that is enough. But I think a lot of Graspop goers will be dissapointed with this news. 

Graspop is billed as a 4-day fest next year, I wonder who will replace them? And what about the Friday, which is a bit weak at the top due to a lot of people?

55 minutes ago, Archi said:

It could Guns N Roses or, hopefully, a younger headliner. In 2018, Avenged Sevenfold wasn't headliner. Maybe they could be again in 2021 and with a strong line-up. Or maybe the time for Sabaton to headline Graspop?

They headlined like 3 times already?

10 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

They headlined like 3 times already?

Sabaton never headlined Graspop. They headlined the Main Stage 2 in 2014, 2017 and 2019. But never as main headliner of the day. These 3 times, the headliner was Avenged Sevenfold, Scorpions and Kiss.

Their last show in Belgium was at Sportpaleis (not in full format) but it's still really big. With a good line-up around them, they can finally be the real headliner at Graspop I think. Same with Ghost. Both will headline the festival soon.

7 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Ghost is a future headliner for them. Parkway Drive too.

Iron Maiden will be back soon enough. As usual. 2022 focus on festivals with a new tour? That will be the case I think.

Do you know if they already thought about BMTH as headliner too?

• 4 weeks later...