Graspop 2020

Death By Sexy

I fully understand bands like SOAD and VOLBEAT who wants to play in the biggest crowd possible but it sucks for Graspop. They could have such a great line-up. Better than what they have now. 

Thursday: Iron Maiden - Alter Bridge - Mercyful Fate - Airbourne (shorter day).
Friday: Guns N Roses - Nightwish - Powerwolf - Steel Panther. 
Saturday: System Of A Down - Judas Priest - KoRn - Disturbed.
Sunday: Aerosmith - Deep Purple - The Offspring - Deftones.

But I understand the budget would be too much. Just sad.

2 hours ago, Deckard1969 said:

I'm glad Gn'R aren't there this year. Saw them 2 years ago and was really disappointed. I do hope though that we get someone like Nightwish on the Friday and SOAD for Saturday as the 2 headliners are imo not headliners.

We have our 4 headliners : Iron Maiden, Faith No More, Judas Priest & Aerosmith :) 

System Of A Down won't be playing Graspop. About Nightwish, they see them as headliners for the Main Stage 2 on Friday. Ken almost confirmed they'll be there this year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 1:04 PM, Ken19 said:

Here is the very big band. GNR. Finally it didn’t work out for Graspop. Too expensive I guess.

Was that the 'bigger than usual' headliner? Boy, did we bark at the wrong tree. People were already losing their mind over AC/DC, Metallica or Tool. Thanks for sharing this though

Please, I don't know what your job is or how high up the chain you are at Live Nation, but is there a chance Graspop would/could book Megadeth, Saxon or Avatar? That would trully make it an anniversary edition in my eyes :D

Looking at who else is playing European festivals June / July, the following could all be possibilities: Nightwish (as someone here has already said look nailed), Accept, Doro, L7, Venom, Suicidal Tendencies, Electric Wizard, BÖC and Diamond Head. Also around are Billy Talent and Royal Republic, but they may be better suited to RW.

These are possibilities 

-Mastodon (play at Mystic Festival on 11th of June) 

- Billy Talent (on tour in Europe) 

- Nightwish (free on 18,19 June + They need bigger shots to fill up the line-up)

- Running Wild (on tour in Europe) 

- Meshuggah (on tour in Europe) 

- Rotting Christ (playing Hellfest) 

- Baroness (on tour in Europe) 

- Accept

- Heilung

- MGLA

- Watain

- Leprous

- Jinjer

- Taake

- Kampfar

7 hours ago, Death By Sexy said:

I really can see Matodon happen. I can't believe they come to Europe for only one concert. 

Jinjer is already playing Ieper Hardcore Fest. 

Mastodon also at Sunstroke, Ireland 

3 hours ago, demontje said:

@Ken19 Do you have any idea when the next announcements are coming?

And why is it that they don't have a poster yet? Is it because they are still negotiating with a possible headliner, or just because they want to try something different this year? 

FB_IMG_1580219599129.jpg

2 hours ago, xydroh said:

seeing like that really goes to show how weak the friday is compared to all other days

...and yet seeing it like that as a whole makes me realise how much I'm looking forward to it. I'm already at 5-8 bands every day I want to see, inc. the Friday.

It is odd that they haven't filled in the gaps yet though, could be that they're waiting to see how ticket sales are going then spend the adjusted budget accordingly. Any other thoughts?