Graspop 2020

Death By Sexy

26 minutes ago, Metalrockx said:

I think that both bands are open for reason. If you make a statement that SOAD and Judas Priest are co-headlining saturday, why would they block? Who cares who plays last?

Bands and their management really care about positioning on a festival. Also, you can't just move a headliner to another day after they're already announced and ticketsale started. 

14 minutes ago, ThijsDB said:

Bands and their management really care about positioning on a festival. Also, you can't just move a headliner to another day after they're already announced and ticketsale started. 

Indeed one of the major reasons why a deal is blown. The ego of a band (his agent) is one of the most important facts to deal with. Every agent wants the best possible deal and spot on a festival and thinks his band is worthy to headline a stage or something like that. 

Sometimes you have an agent who is happy with the conditions and realistic. Sometimes... 

1 hour ago, Metalrockx said:

I think that both bands are open for reason. If you make a statement that SOAD and Judas Priest are co-headlining saturday, why would they block? Who cares who plays last?

Their management cares. Architects was supposed to be the main act at Jera On Air last year. Finally, they weren't because of Parkway Drive so they cancelled the show as the deal was not respected. And when it's a co-headline, there's always a band on the flyer people we'll see as main headliner. In 2017, Scorpions and Evanescence were co-headliners, both with the same set (1h30), both with their logo on the final artwork but Scorpions was above them.

Some managers can be very reconcilable, some others (majority) not. People don't see like it because it's music but take another example : if you have a new job, we tell you that you'll be CEO and a few weeks later, you got the news that you'll have to share the CEO place...

System Of A Down are more mainstream than Judas Priest, they sell more tickets. I don't see them - if it was still possible - make a co-headline with the Priest. And 0% chance SOAD accept to be MS2 headliner and not the main headliner so. System Of A Down will play at Hellfest and not at Graspop, I think we've to accept this and move on.

6 minutes ago, Gossard said:

SOAD co-headlined Rock Werchter in 2017 with Linkin Park(they played before LP and before it got dark) ....not that big in Belgium?

1 minute ago, Mondo-kun said:

Just FYI, same year SOAD headlined second stage at Pinkpop with only an hour-long set. 
Kings of Leon headlined main with 90mins ?

System Of A Down are big in Belgium like in other countries. But Rock Werchter is one of the biggest festivals in the world, they have sometimes more than one band able to be headliner on the same day. Linkin Park is more mainstream, bigger than SOAD and Rock Werchter (even with the name "Rock") is also very mainstream. Same for Pinkpop: not a surprise to see Kings Of Leon headliner there and SOAD headline a second stage.

Festivals like Download, Nova Rock and even Rock Am Ring are more rock and less mainstream than Rock Werchter and Pinkpop.

System Of A Down is a big band for Graspop, they sell more tickets and faster than the usual headliners. It's quite impossible to see them not be main headliners at GMM.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gossard said:

In 2011 Linkin Park could not headline Rock Werchter on their own.....nor could they in 2017. Linkin Park are not big enough in Belgium...neither is SOAD!

I can't say for sure for Graspop, but it wouldn't surprise me is SOAD headlined Main Stage 2.... 

Linkin Park not big enough to headline Werchter and System Of A Down not big enough to headline Graspop? The GMM put headliners like Scorpions, Deep Purple, Volbeat (they didn't have the same success in 2014 like today)... SOAD is bigger. About LP, even if it's not always put like this on the flyers, they were the main headliner. When they headlined Pukkelpop, tickets were quickly soldout too.

When SOAD came back in Belgium, they sold out Forest National on the day tickets have been available. It was a surprise they did so a small venue. They should have booked SportPaleis and 100% sure the show would sell out as well. They're made to be main headliners at Graspop.

• Like 1

SOAD will only play as a MS1 headliner/closing act on Graspop. Werchter is something else, bigger festival, more visitors... 

You can not compare these two. 

On Sunday they will have a strong line up with a lot of big acts, and a smaller headliner. Faith No More is perfect. On Saturday you will have the same situation. They will ad some strong names there. On friday you have normally the big headliner. That was the situation more than a week ago. 

Why no SOAD on Graspop. A combination of some things. Better offer from other festivals the same weekend? A little bit too expensive (because they already have Maiden and the unknown big name)? They choose to play Werchter, because they loved it in 2017? Herman was happy about 2017 and wanted them back? No idea...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

SOAD will only play as a MS1 headliner/closing act on Graspop. Werchter is something else, bigger festival, more visitors... 

You can not compare these two. 

On Sunday they will have a strong line up with a lot of big acts, and a smaller headliner. Faith No More is perfect. On Saturday you will have the same situation. They will ad some strong names there. On friday you have normally the big headliner. That was the situation more than a week ago. 

Why no SOAD on Graspop. A combination of some things. Better offer from other festivals the same weekend? A little bit too expensive (because they already have Maiden and the unknown big name)? They choose to play Werchter, because they loved it in 2017? Herman was happy about 2017 and wanted them back? No idea...

Thanks for the confirmation! We agree for both festivals.

Faith No More would be perfect on Sunday indeed. Same situation on Saturday? Judas Priest headliner, KoRn sub or on MS2. Curious to see the 2 strong names (at least) they'll add on this day. And for the mysterious big name on Friday, I have the feeling Aerosmith is the more realistic. Even if I don't see them like a so big name compared to the last years. And if it's really big and bigger than the usual, I'd say Metallica.

2 minutes ago, demontje said:

I really hope i'ts fake because Graspop isn't mentioned in the tour, that would be a pitty. A friend of me posted it on his facebook and told me he got it from insta, but i am not the main source.

Check this: 

23 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

You think they might still play some shows in Europe over the summer?

Yeah, there is something going on. But that is with so many artists, and sometimes something is very close (Coldplay) and finally doesn't happen anyway. Vampire Weekend on Rock Werchter last year for example. Or Roger Waters on TW Classic some years ago (divorce issues). 

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Yeah, there is something going on. But that is with so many artists, and sometimes something is very close (Coldplay) and finally doesn't happen anyway. Vampire Weekend on Rock Werchter last year for example. Or Roger Waters on TW Classic some years ago (divorce issues). 

Some serious sources on other forums said some of the shows on the fake RATM are real. But I guess they're not the mysterious headliner for Friday at Graspop, right @Ken19?

If they're at Hellfest and so in Europe next Summer, we should know it tomorrow.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1