Graspop 2020

Death By Sexy

35 minutes ago, Archi said:

Are you speaking about the festival in USA? The band announced it already a few weeks ago. They gonna play 2 shows at 5 festivals during the Summer. Those festivals are from May to September. Each show will have a different set-list. I'd really surprised if Metallica come in Europe this Summer. Chance are 0.1% in my opinion.

They added 2 more dates at the same festival 

4 hours ago, polnico said:

Was surprised to see Metallica announced to a festival in May, does that relaunch any rumor of them being around in EU next summer, and would that included Graspop or RW ? I'd love to see them !

I think if they were in for a euro 2020 summer tour, they would already be announced for other festivals. Rock Am Ring and Download already have their headliners, I can't imagine Metallica doing a tour without visiting these festivals. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Graspop looks like the favoured option now.  Definitely need a break from the Download routine.

Can I ask a dumb question (or two) please?

The Vouchers/Tokens thing, I assume they're for beers/food/merch/whatever(?)

Is there a no cash policy there?, or do do they accept both?, can we buy more there periodically?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scrubbertheman said:

Graspop looks like the favoured option now.  Definitely need a break from the Download routine.

Can I ask a dumb question (or two) please?

The Vouchers/Tokens thing, I assume they're for beers/food/merch/whatever(?)

Is there a no cash policy there?, or do do they accept both?, can we buy more there periodically?

Vouchers are for food/drinks. Merch is cash, not sure if they accept card at the merchstand. 

The vouchers that you can pre-order are cheaper as the vouchers on the festivalground. At the festival you can buy the vouchers cash and with card. You can't buy food/drinks directly with cash/cards, you need the vouchers.

10 minutes ago, Set said:

Vouchers are for food/drinks. Merch is cash, not sure if they accept card at the merchstand. 

The vouchers that you can pre-order are cheaper as the vouchers on the festivalground. At the festival you can buy the vouchers cash and with card. You can't buy food/drinks directly with cash/cards, you need the vouchers.

Perfect. Great answer thanks.

1 hour ago, Set said:

1 hour ago, scrubbertheman said:

Perfect. Great answer thanks.

You can pay with card at the merch, but you can buy stuff much faster with cash. 

25 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

There are just more than 70 names announced and you ask for the next announcement ??

Just an idea of when the next headliner will come, no problem waiting for the rest.  Forgive the impatience but I am trying to plan a trip from the USA. I would like to know the headliners before I commit but also do not want the furnished accommodations to sell out before then. Decisions!

Edited by Woke juice

27 minutes ago, Metalrockx said:

Then it's still possible for Graspop to book SOAD on saturday, together with Judas Priest...

Graspop announced Judas Priest is the headliner. If SOAD come, they'd be the headliner and not co-headliner with Judas or something. So not possible for 20th. 

EDIT: Faith No More seems confirmed to Graspop. Curious to see if they're headliner or not. They headlined MS2 in 2015.

Edited by Archi

10 minutes ago, Metalrockx said:

You can still move Judas Priest to friday or sunday, not?

Judas Priest are headliner of the Saturday 20th.

Big bands like this have their festival schedules booked since a while now. They play Copenhell on 18th, Graspop on 20th and they'll play Hellfest on 19th or 21th. Then go to Germany.

4 minutes ago, Archi said:

Judas Priest are headliner of the Saturday 20th.

Big bands like this have their festival schedules booked since a while now. They play Copenhell on 18th, Graspop on 20th and they'll play Hellfest on 19th or 21th. Then go to Germany.

I think that both bands are open for reason. If you make a statement that SOAD and Judas Priest are co-headlining saturday, why would they block? Who cares who plays last?