Graspop 2020

Death By Sexy

7 minutes ago, Set said:

What bad experience did Graspop have with Motley Crue?

Bob Schoenmaekers, the man who is coordinating the program of Graspop, said in multiple interviews that one of his dreams was booking Motley Crue. In 2009 it happened, but they were not professional (Vince Neill arrived drunk), really crashed the backstage (old school), had problems with Graspop crew... and their show was not that good. 

Never again he said. 

Edited by Ken19

On 11/15/2019 at 6:32 AM, Ken19 said:

Bob Schoenmaekers, the man who is coordinating the program of Graspop, said in multiple interviews that one of his dreams was booking Motley Crue. In 2009 it happened, but they were not professional (Vince Neill arrived drunk), really crashed the backstage (old school), had problems with Graspop crew... and their show was not that good. 

Never again he said. 

any chance of a headliner announcement this week?

2 hours ago, micvet said:

Think they will play Groez

They play Brussels on April 16th. Impossible to play Groezrock after and got the information the festival won't be happening again in 2020.

I think PWD will make a break after the shows in April and won't come back in Europe before they finish the new album. Reverence In 2018, Ire in 2015, Atlas in 2012... new one in 2021 I guess. Early May, after their short run in Europe, Reverence will be 2 years old. Enough to focus on a 7th album. They made festivals in June 2018, June 2019, August 2019, that's enough.

Why not Rammstein as a headliner? When you view the tour dates, you see that all performances up to and including the performance in Ostend are sold out on 10 June. Afterwards they have 3 performances in UK (14, 17 and 20/6) and on June 24 they play in Nijmegen. So it is possible on Friday 19/6 or Sunday 21/6, on condition that they leave their tower and the main part of their equipement ... The performance in Ostend is not organized by Live Nation, but by Greenhouse Talent.

https://www.rammstein.de/en/tickets/?fbclid=IwAR0ZatOzQTBgLXCX_YvWWkxhXVDXG3GiHQcge0o2Pa1KKkwvuX_u4po7cD4

14 minutes ago, Metalrockx said:

Why not Rammstein as a headliner? When you view the tour dates, you see that all performances up to and including the performance in Ostend are sold out on 10 June. Afterwards they have 3 performances in UK (14, 17 and 20/6) and on June 24 they play in Nijmegen. So it is possible on Friday 19/6 or Sunday 21/6, on condition that they leave their tower and the main part of their equipement ... The performance in Ostend is not organized by Live Nation, but by Greenhouse Talent.

https://www.rammstein.de/en/tickets/?fbclid=IwAR0ZatOzQTBgLXCX_YvWWkxhXVDXG3GiHQcge0o2Pa1KKkwvuX_u4po7cD4

They don't seem to play ANY festivals next year, but I expect them for 2021.

2 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

My bet is Lokerse Feesten.

It wouldn't make any sense. The capacity of the festival (15k) is smaller than the SportPaleis where they played a few days ago (20k). In Belgium, they've the size to headline Graspop, co-headline Werchter, headline Pukkelpop. Not smaller festivals like Alcatraz or Lokerse Feesten.

18 minutes ago, polnico said:

Was surprised to see Metallica announced to a festival in May, does that relaunch any rumor of them being around in EU next summer, and would that included Graspop or RW ? I'd love to see them !

Are you speaking about the festival in USA? The band announced it already a few weeks ago. They gonna play 2 shows at 5 festivals during the Summer. Those festivals are from May to September. Each show will have a different set-list. I'd really surprised if Metallica come in Europe this Summer. Chance are 0.1% in my opinion.

• Upvote 1