Local buses/coaches

kingbadger

Last year we got the train to Bristol on the Tuesday and then took a National Express coach down to site on the Wednesday. I know there are a number of local buses/coaches from nearby towns and villages. Does anyone know where abouts exactly they run from? Wouldn't mind getting the train to somewhere nearby like Frome this time and getting a non-National Express coach. 

I seen someone post yesterday about getting a local bus to the shops in Shepton Mallet from the festival. I think they said it only took 14 minutes. If you were planning to stay the night before the accommodation could be pricey though. 

What time did your bus leave Bristol last year and what time did it arrive? Considering doing the same next year. 

22 minutes ago, Catba said:

I seen someone post yesterday about getting a local bus to the shops in Shepton Mallet from the festival. I think they said it only took 14 minutes. If you were planning to stay the night before the accommodation could be pricey though. 

What time did your bus leave Bristol last year and what time did it arrive? Considering doing the same next year. 

We're catching a National Express from Bristol coach station directly to the festival early on the Wednesday. Looks like they leave every half hour, starting from 4am. Takes just over an hour. 

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/events/glastonbury

Edited by dogeggs
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, dogeggs said:

We're catching a National Express from Bristol coach station directly to the festival early on the Wednesday. Looks like they leave every half hour, starting from 4am. Takes just over an hour. 

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/events/glastonbury

Do they do one way from the Fest? We bought one way coach tix on Thursday; trying to work out best way back.

2 hours ago, Dom Wall said:

Do they do one way from the Fest? We bought one way coach tix on Thursday; trying to work out best way back.

I don't know if they still do...but NX did offer 1 way Monday tickets a couple of years ago. We did exactly the same as you in 2017 - as the return time from See was awful on the Monday. They have a live chat on their site...give them a crack maybe - they might be able to advise if & when they go on sale.

Edited by dogeggs

2 hours ago, Dom Wall said:

Just checked and yes they do.

Just put Glastonbury Festival into the normal 'Travel from' search box on the NX homepage.

Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 14.16.26.png

Edited by dogeggs

42 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

I wonder how accurate their timetables are this far out ?

If they're anywhere close to as good as Bristol SeeCoaches then it should be pretty much spot-on.
They've arrived nice and early both years I've caught the Bristol coach. I really hope National Express are just as good.

Saying that - See Coach from Lincoln was an utter nightmare. Turned up very late, was painfully disorganised handing out tickets and his excessive rest break half way down made our journey about 8hrs. I'll put that one down to an anomaly.

Monday at the See bus stop always feels a bit crazy. Once it gets busy (midday onwards from memory) it doesn't even seem to matter what time your bus ticket is for, you just have to stay in a pen and queue up with everyone else until you're at the front and on the bus.

The last time I caught a Monday National Express back, it arrived pretty late. Wasn't such a problem for us as we didn't need to make any connections - but could be stressful for others. Suggest you arrive reasonably early at the bus station on Monday if timing is important.

3 hours ago, dogeggs said:

Just checked and yes they do.

Just put Glastonbury Festival into the normal 'Travel from' search box on the NX homepage.

Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 14.16.26.png

You're a star. We're debating Festival - Bristol then the train to Paddington rather than the coach and risk another 6 hour bus journey back (as last year).

Anyone know what the traffic is like to Bristol early ish Monday? I know it says 1hr 45 at 9am but is that actually achievable?