Who do you just kinda assume will be there?

zeppelin

With the size of the festival and amount of stages I tend to expect any act that has not played the year previously to have a very high chance of playing the current year... like a bit of cycle... play one year miss a year, play one year miss a year... etc...  

Unless we are talking headliners and then the gap has or will be bigger in most cases. 

On 10/8/2019 at 1:20 PM, BluePaul said:

Rhythm of the '90s.  Croissant Neuf.  Thursday night.  It's now a tradition.

"My love ain't got no money, he's got his strong beliefs"

Sadly I don't think that they'll be in CN next year but could easily be on another stage.

Previously I would be certain that the wonderful Hattie Hatstar would be there but sadly she's not been to the last two.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Sadly I don't think that they'll be in CN next year but could easily be on another stage.

Wouldn't surprise me Sawdusty - they've built up a bit of a following and have probably outgrown CN, which is a bit of a shame because it's a great venue.  If they turned up at William's Green at some stage - or the Avalon - I'd not be surprised.

17 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Previously I would be certain that the wonderful Hattie Hatstar would be there but sadly she's not been to the last two.

too big now ? it was a nightmare last time I tried ...

On 10/11/2019 at 8:24 AM, Pinhead said:

Dreadzone

Kangaroo Moon

I reckon Henge should return - quality this year on the Truth Stage.

Always happy to see Dreadzone, and it wouldn't be Glastonbury without seeing KM at least once, either early afternoon or very early morning. They were actually the last set we saw in 2017, Avalon Cafe after the pleasant discovery that was Hackney Colliery Band in the Avalon tent. 

4 hours ago, PDAD said:

I'd love that but it would be a surprise to me if they played - wouldn't expect it at all. Where do you reckon they'd be placed? High Park?

Wilco would easily headline Park, could even see them being put in the Acoustic Tent (where Nels Cline would scare the fuck out of anyone expecting actual acousticness). 

1 minute ago, Dark Star said:

Wilco would easily headline Park, could even see them being put in the Acoustic Tent (where Nels Cline would scare the fuck out of anyone expecting actual acousticness). 

Haha. Reckon Park headliner would be pretty perfect actually. Joined by Billy Bragg for California Stars.

11 hours ago, Dark Star said:

They were actually the last set we saw in 2017, Avalon Cafe

Was there ?

Heard later Tankus were closing the Piano Bar at the same time though and probably would have made the effort to get in there instead if I had known as had already seen KM at their traditional Toad Hall Thursday gig.

Harry Styles.

From a very popular boy band, but seems he wants to be a somewhat more "legitimate" musician these days. He's talked about taking lots of psychedelic albums while making his upcoming album lmao. He's a young British lad so he must know the significance of Glasto, so I can see him doing it as a way of helping to change his image. Could be like Miley's set.

Plus at least it means we'll probably get to hear The Chain played on the Pyramid lol

5 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I hope so.  Noisia are retiring at the end of the year so this will be the last chance that they could play. Though them closing pangea would be immense!

Exactly, they are clearly big enough to play, they would clearly want to play and the festival would clearly want  them to play. I would say it’s a safe bet.

Some of the Hospital records DJ’s (take your pick, I’d love Camo & Crooked or Fred V / Grafix)

BBC (were great at Wilderness)

Andy C

Sub Focus & Wilkinson

Craig Charles (already confirmed I think)

Tony Gardiner (Professor Shales from Fresh Meat, Dan Miller from The Thick Of It & the dad from My Parents Are Aliens)

Fatboy Slim (5 times)