Who do you just kinda assume will be there?

zeppelin

5 hours ago, Heather90 said:

Seen Paul Carrack twice there and his early on Pyramid set in 2017 was one of my favourite. Also seen him on his own the other year at Manchester Philharmonic and it was outstanding. I'll take another Jools Holland set too. Nice early on Pyramid field set where I can chill in my chair 

3 hours ago, Neville Street said:

Please all of them, that was so good in the sunshine early doors on Pyramid. I'd like them for Avalon or Acoustic headline up against something the young people like that I don't like on Pyramid. Ideal, pint of Otter......

Yeah. Any combination really. One of the great singles bands of my youth. Never miss a Tilbrook solo spot if I can help it. He hasn't played there with The Fluffers for a while (though the Squeeze line up from their Pyramid slot was kind of a 50/50 Squeeze/Fluffers split. Pretty sure that was the same year Tilbrook and Difford last did an acoustic tent spot).

7 hours ago, Neville Street said:

...Billy Bragg and the long overdue return of The Levellers

Slightly off topic, but I'd love for the festival, in the spirit of celebrating the 50th, do an unsung heroes / festival stalwarts type of day on Pyramid or Other.  Shortish sets from the likes of Mik, Lekkido, Hobo Jones, Don Letts, Dub Pistols, Beans, etc etc,  full sets from the Levellers, Billy Bragg, massive rave bastard headline Fat Boy x Gideon x Carl Cox type of thing.

/edit - if The Levellers are there, and I'm not working, I'm going full Special Brew to celebrate

Edited by jfaragher

Brockhampton, Cage the Elephant, Lily Allen, Miles Kane.

Got nothing to back any of these up, just a hunch that at least 2/4 will pop up on the Other Stage at some point.

edit: and Frank Carter, feel like he’d play early on the Other

Edited by wro_lap

Stereophonics - very much overdue

Sam Fender - to make up for last year

Blossoms - due back after a couple of years

Gerry Cinnamon - pretty confident he said he'll be back

Libertines - stepped in a few years back when Foos pulled out, surely worth another bash

Edited by Padgey

12 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

What happened last year?

I really like Blossoms but wasn’t a fan of their JP set in 2017. Not sure why, potentially as I watched them with 2 non-fans.

He had to pull out due to his voice I think, he had a couple of slots one in the Leftfield tent, think other was in JP tent. 

Do you mean specifically for 2020, or generally?

The former, and I know I shouldn't, but at this stage Tay Tay (yes I called her that - deal with it). Everything just seems to fit.

Generally, I'm always looking for odds that the Eavii will be there in some form or other.

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Dreadzone

That's a good shout. Where would you put them these days?  Saw their Leftfield set in 2017 and it was all good, but I preferred them mid afternoon in the sunshine at Beautiful Days in 2018. 

My pick would be West Holts mid-afternoon, but prob not likely