Gilgamesh69

2020 non-Pyramid headliners

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

No but there were quite a few reports of them pulling out of EU fests for next year on international forums (think it was the Primavera one?)

Interesting, their comeback did seem a bit off. The album was rather underwhelming I thought.

Wasnt Thom Yorked touted to be headlining West Holts on here? Has that been vetoed since? I could see him doing Saturday a la James Blake.

I hate these threads, they always make me think I’m completely out the loop/off base about acts..

Gerry Cinnamon for Other headliner, Sam Fender for JP? Really? Not that SF couldn’t do the JP, but he’s surely going to get a prime Pyramid slot for the Feckless cum-shedders at the BBC to rave about on TV.

Royal Blood up against Taylor Swift on the Other?

Sam Fender would be too big for John Peel by next summer. He's just sold out an arena tour. 

3 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I hate these threads, they always make me think I’m completely out the loop/off base about acts..

Gerry Cinnamon for Other headliner, Sam Fender for JP? Really? Not that SF couldn’t do the JP, but he’s surely going to get a prime Pyramid slot for the Feckless cum-shedders at the BBC to rave about on TV.

The GC one was a little speculative. My mate wanted to go to his JP set this year and I couldn't  believe how busy it was, never seen anything like it there before. I hadn't even heard of him at the time. Looked him up when I got home and the guy is massive, some of the crowds he's getting are staggering, new song on friday so new album before the fest theres no reason he cant end up there. Selling out arenas on his current tour.

I tried to explain how big he was to my mates fucked on shrooms in amsterdam now belter is my most played song this year ahah.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

The GC one was a little speculative. My mate wanted to go to his JP set this year and I couldn't  believe how busy it was, never seen anything like it there before. I hadn't even heard of him at the time. Looked him up when I got home and the guy is massive, some of the crowds he's getting are staggering, new song on friday so new album before the fest theres no reason he cant end up there. Selling out arenas on his current tour.

I tried to explain how big he was to my mates fucked on shrooms in amsterdam now belter is my most played song this year ahah.

He might be massive but he is utter dug meat. A glorified busker. Music for people who don’t like music. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Not that SF couldn’t do the JP, but he’s surely going to get a prime Pyramid slot for the Feckless cum-shedders at the BBC to rave about on TV.

I don't know exactly what this means tbh, but that's one hell of sentence, Andy :bow:

Caribou have a new track out tonight, another big album could see them bumped up a couple slots 

Could Elbow headline a smaller stage with an album out soon? They have the relationship with the fest but have declined somewhat since their most recent official Pyramid slot. 

Edited by Tommy101

Park Stage Headliners

Sleaford Mods

King Gizzard & Lizard Wizard

Grinderman

crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

an early 65%

Where are these NIN rumours coming from? Would be incredible if true. If you were at MadCool, you know why.

44 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

He might be massive but he is utter dug meat. A glorified busker. Music for people who don’t like music. 

I won't argue with that. Lines him him up for the other stage pretty nicely though.

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I won't argue with that. Lines him him up for the other stage pretty nicely though.

Have to completely agree. His music may be a bit simple and nothing special, but saying that it's the crowds that make it. That's why I'm off to see him at Brixton!

41 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Where are these NIN rumours coming from? Would be incredible if true. If you were at MadCool, you know why.

Rumoured for APE a couple weeks before so definitely in the area

51 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Could Elbow headline a smaller stage with an album out soon? They have the relationship with the fest but have declined somewhat since their most recent official Pyramid slot. 

I dunno, I'd probably still peg them as a sub

28 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Have to completely agree. His music may be a bit simple and nothing special, but saying that it's the crowds that make it. That's why I'm off to see him at Brixton!

I agree with you, his music is very simple which I think is why is it is so effective and draws such a big audience. “Music for people who don’t like music” I think is a bit harsh. I’d go and see him at Glasto if there weren’t any clashes. 

Imagine Dragons

Panic at the Disco

5 Seconds of Summer

Libertines

Kaiser Chiefs

Purple Mountains

Busted ( just got back together, dont like them)

5 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Given it's the 50th anniversary, surely Orbital are in the frame for a West Holts or Park headline slot?

Or.... what's the capacity at IICON? I haven't seen it first hand, but after launching this year, maybe they're going to start getting some big names in there after midnight.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Or.... what's the capacity at IICON? I haven't seen it first hand, but after launching this year, maybe they're going to start getting some big names in there after midnight.

I can't see them playing somewhere without their own lights and video show

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Third on the Pyramid makes sense to me.

11 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

Imagine Dragons

Panic at the Disco

5 Seconds of Summer

Libertines

Kaiser Chiefs

Purple Mountains

Busted ( just got back together, dont like them)

ooo errrr