Rum club

carlosj

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I can only think of Stones Ginger Wine - is that the kind of thing you mean Dee?

Mrs Q's grandma bought us a bottle of ginger wine a while back, might give that a go.  Presumably with ice?

Yes Stones ginger wine but supermarkets sell their own at half the price. Tastes the same.

Ice if you like that sorta thing. I don't.  

I like ginger wine with whiskey ( whiskey mac) or brandy too.

Edited by deebeedoobee

9 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Yes Stones ginger wine but supermarkets sell their own at half the price. Tastes the same.

Ice if you like that sorta thing. I don't.  

I like ginger wine with whiskey ( whiskey mac) or brandy too.

Colour me interested :)

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Duty free on the way into the Bermuda just before baggage collection  - ready to then pack for the journey home ? - so its done and dusted ?

Jury is still out on a frozen dark n stormy - and we haven;t even started on rum swizzle - just used my last packet of swizzle mix but have been known to whip up a jug in the campervan at glasto - another rum version thats non fizzy . Never knew about Barritts , gonna have to seek that out somehow.  All this talk of dark n stormy and I'm rather envious of your Friday night with one or 3 perfect ones ? Where's your favourite on the island (need to note for my next visit :-))

Well I normally drink at BMDS. Cheapest bar on the island at $4 a drink. A bit off the beaten track for most as it's by Victoria park behind city hall.

I think the nicest dark and stormy I've had was at Wahoo in St. Georges. I imagine you can get nicer at more upscale bars, but I haven't been here long enough to get my head around paying $15 for a drink. Perhaps that's a good project for the winter. Find the best one. ?

For swizzle it has to be Swizzle Inn. Swizzle west is my local, but of course the one by the causeway is the original and best. I had forgot you could get the powdered mix. A good non-fizzy drink to put in a camelbak and drinkable cold or warm.