Rum club

carlosj

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Not rum (clearly) but this seems the most sensible place to make a plea for more people to understand the wonders of tequila - the unloved stepchild of the spirits world...

Unless it's the drink that almost turned you off alcohol for the rest of your life overdoing it as a teenager. 

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Rum poured into a Shaken Udder Jaffa Cake > any number of vodkas flavoured with Spangles

How did I almost miss this!! Shaken udder jaffa cake? This exists? Where do I find it? ???

Oh and what kind of rum do you recommend, gold? 

Just now, Quark said:

Don't fear it. Let the good stuff into your life.

It's like writing off all cider because you got blitzed on White Lightning, or whisky based on an experience of Bells or Teachers.

Erm..... Can't drink cider pal. Always pisses me off about going to Somerset and not trying it but even a small amount makes me violently ill. Last time I drank half a pint of cider I was worshipping the porcelain god's for hours. So it's a no from me and I'm not happy about it. 

Just now, H.M.V said:

How did I almost miss this!! Shaken udder jaffa cake? This exists? Where do I find it? ???

Oh and what kind of rum do you recommend, gold? 

Well....Shaken Udder wasn't even at the festival ths year, but there was another place in William's Green with basically the same selection. Mandatory pit stop coming in and out of West Holts.

Whatever you have, I guess.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Well....Shaken Udder wasn't even at the festival ths year, but there was another place in William's Green with basically the same selection. Mandatory pit stop coming in and out of West Holts.

Whatever you have, I guess.

Thanks. Will definitely be seeking it out. 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Seems to be run by permanently spangled Scottish guys. 

It's not actually called The Shakey Jakeys, but it should be.

That reminds me, remember being at a stall for food over the weekend. Can't remember which one but the guys running it were so high they didn't have a clue what the fuck was going on. Had a quiet word with them and said might be best to down tools for half an hour and get their shit together. Not sure if they did or not. Doubt they made any money that day. ?

Oooh I love rum!!

actually for glasto last year I took a variety. But a winner was old j cherry spiced rum. It was lush with some Diet Coke. I also love Plantation rum the pineapple one but you can’t beat Ron Zacappa although that is pricey. I like Appleton too and Don Papa goes down well! 

Got these as gifts on my 30th last year. Way too fancy for Glastonbury, but absolutely superb for drinking with just ice and a squeeze of fresh lime. For bringing to the farm you can’t go wrong with Havana Especial, relatively cheap and tastes good with your mixer of choice. Red Leg is the same. 

04C3F783-DC01-48DC-8C3A-F69B9D32D9DF.jpeg

DE587A10-FBA6-402A-89F5-EF6E0694D0E3.jpeg

Rum, so much better than gin and nothing better than a spiced rum in hot chocloate to round off an evening, or when its cold, or actually any time , trouble is I can never work out what to mix it with apart from ginger when I want a long drink and gingers not alwasy easy to get plus too many bubbles after a few

Just now, CeriG said:

An old dude that comes in drinks this!! It tastes like hell on earth!!! No wonder his teeth are black ?

D569F1A5-CFA5-4E41-ACEE-F0A3967689A5.jpeg

Apparently my dad drinks in your pub!!

He's ex navy from the days when the still did the daily tot of rum.  Swears by that stuff as the closest he can get to what hey used to dish out.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dom Wall said:

Really not a DMF fan... their Coffee version tastes like a grim Café Patron.

Not even sure what DMF means  ?

Just realised it’s initials for Dead Mans Fingers.... duh brain 

Edited by CeriG