Rum club

carlosj

10 hours ago, carlosj said:

To provide an alternative to posting in the troll thread, what type of rum can you recommend for me? My taste background is that I love malt whisky /whiskey particularly the peatier ones, and I assume that rums aren't like these. I drink white rum in a variety of cocktails, but never dark; I associate dark with the cloying taste of rum and raisin chocolate. Thanks for any tips, and even how it's best drunk.

I would let you sample both my Toasted Coconut and Vanilla infused Rum and the vodka done in the same way - cos both are fantastic and the vodka is actually very like a single malt whisky..................... but I will not be there next year ?

• Like 1

Just now, Mattymooz said:

The 75% alcohol Old J Tiki Fire spiced rum is very nice but quite dangerous. Very vanillary so easy to over indulge.

75%?? Christ on a bike, that's worse than Wray & Nephew Overproof. And you can use that to degrease bike parts!

28 minutes ago, Quark said:

I can thoroughly recommend this place as well if you're in London, been to the Soho one. More rums than you can shake a pineapple at, and te food's bloody good too

https://www.therumkitchen.com/

ill back this - amazing selekky!

Overall though - gotta be "Game Over Juice" - Wray and Nephews + Ting.

43 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

ill back this - amazing selekky!

Overall though - gotta be "Game Over Juice" - Wray and Nephews + Ting.

Lethal.  When we were in Jamaica the skipper of the boat we were on for a day was feeding Mrs Q W&N with Ting without telling her what it was; she asked for rum and she got rum.

Wee bit tiddly pops by the end of the day :D

34 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Can I get an Amen! 

Quiet you

16 hours ago, carlosj said:

To provide an alternative to posting in the troll thread, what type of rum can you recommend for me? My taste background is that I love malt whisky /whiskey particularly the peatier ones, and I assume that rums aren't like these. I drink white rum in a variety of cocktails, but never dark; I associate dark with the cloying taste of rum and raisin chocolate. Thanks for any tips, and even how it's best drunk.

The dogs dangly's 

Diplomatico

Screenshot_20191008-132038_Gallery.jpg

16 hours ago, Quark said:

**MIDDLE CLASS ALERT**

Waitrose do some decent ones.

And the Whisky Exchange website is also dangerous

Fixed that for you... spent far too much on there in the past. 

Currently enjoying a Bowmore as I'm not at work today!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

We got my boss a bottle of that as a leaving present. Bastard never opened it before he left! :lol:

Tight bastard. Should've mugged him for a go on that. Excellent. 

I had a bottle of diplomatico and a mate had kraken. As kraken is half the price of diplimatico we decided to do a survey/taste test. Diplomatico won on taste but our dilemma was should you buy two kraken or one diplimatico? 

After drinking a bottle of each we were to pissed to care and still don't know the answer. Shall try again one day.?

1 minute ago, mashedonmud said:

Tight bastard. Should've mugged him for a go on that. Excellent. 

I had a bottle of diplomatico and a mate had kraken. As kraken is half the price of diplimatico we decided to do a survey/taste test. Diplomatico won on taste but our dilemma was should you buy two kraken or one diplimatico? 

After drinking a bottle of each we were to pissed to care and still don't know the answer. Shall try again one day.?

I approve of your testing methodology

25 minutes ago, Lostnotfound said:

Anyone that has mentioned Mount Gay Black Barrel should defiantly give a bottle of XO a try. It's my sipping rum of choice, I dothink it's better than Diplomatico if anyone needs another test to conduct....

I'm putting in a request for Christmas to own some of the mentioned above. I shall taste test and report back. Maybe in March.?

• Like 1