Ballot for 50 pairs of tickets

MadScientist

50 minutes ago, pauladam said:

sorry if not already suggested - but did they not say there would be camping under the Glastonbury on sea pier next year - 50 pre-erected tents under the pier maybe anyone?

Can't believe no one has picked up on this! Such a good shout. Maybe you buy your ticket but the bonus is the pre-erected tent in a prime spot?

Personally it wouldn't be my favourite place to camp at all, but I'd take it to get in!

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I agree with @Superscally. If it's arranged so people can try for friends then it's not really a fair ballot. Your friends can try for themselves, just as we all can try for ourselves. 

That said I'm not getting my hopes up for this. 50 tickets is bollocks all.

"50 pairs of tickets."

Every little helps ;) #keepthehope

52 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

...which is why i think there will be something 'special' about them....a long-drop named after you?....your own long-drop?...

Maybe you get one of those new pre erected blue tents they're planning for the pier? 

58 minutes ago, pauladam said:

sorry if not already suggested - but did they not say there would be camping under the Glastonbury on sea pier next year - 50 pre-erected tents under the pier maybe anyone?

Oops, only saw this after I posted the same! Now it looks like I've stolen your idea and passed it off as my own! 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, dogeggs said:

It's only a presumption, but I imagine the vast majority have just the one reg number. I guess it'll depend on whether Glastonbury consider the current multiple reg's enough of a problem to worry about.

Also - they must've kept registration closed for the sole purpose of avoiding further duplicates being created. 
If they had a solution to avoid multiple reg ballot entries I would've thought registration might've re-opened by now - it normally does by now doesn't it? 

Maybe they'll let it slide - maybe they'll have a multiple reg cull over the next few days? Who knows.

Thing is, they've been pretty open about being ok with multiple registrations, saying that it's allowed but won't improve your chances. Their own advice if you change email addresses is to simply create a new registration.  Loads of people will have multiple registrations for genuine reasons, and they haven't even said having multiple reasons for nefarious reasons is wrong (because what nefarious reasons exist?  The only one I can see is for trying for Coach and regular tickets, and then cancelling the coach, which is hardly large scale fraud. )

But this is why ballots won't become the norm.  Because the next time they have one they'll suddenly find they have way more than 2.4million registrations!

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can't believe no one has picked up on this! Such a good shout. Maybe you buy your ticket but the bonus is the pre-erected tent in a prime spot?

Personally it wouldn't be my favourite place to camp at all, but I'd take it to get in!

This link says there'll be around 100 tents at Glastonbury-on-Sea, so the numbers don't quite tally.  Of course some of these tents could be made available outside the ballot, so we can't completely rule this out.

4 minutes ago, doogie said:

This link says there'll be around 100 tents at Glastonbury-on-Sea, so the numbers don't quite tally.  Of course some of these tents could be made available outside the ballot, so we can't completely rule this out.

Hmm yeah. So even if it's 100 tickets, you'd expect that to equate to 50 tents or maybe even less. Intriguing, though. 

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Hmm yeah. So even if it's 100 tickets, you'd expect that to equate to 50 tents or maybe even less. Intriguing, though. 

ME also mentions the 100 tents are for about 300 people, so presumably it'll be a mix of 2-person and 4-person tents.

“There will only be about 100 of these tents, so enough for about 300 people all in all. It’s going to look great.”

1 minute ago, Neville Street said:

I’m going with the tents by the pier theory. The balance between the 50 and whatever total they put there can be done in other competitions, hospitality tix, etc.

placed in what is the most in demand area in terms of camping within the festival 

2 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

It’s their party in their field and they get to decide!!  That hill has gone from a massive campsite to a fraction of its size since 2007. 

never camped there myself ... but would take this opportunity ...not up my Street normally  Neville :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

9 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

They should never do it but I do wonder what would happen if they sold those 50 tickets to the highest bidder, how much they would get.on average for each? £1,000? Probably a lot more if there are only 50 for sale. I reckon £5,000 - i think there are VIP packages around for that much off site, but I wonder how much they could sell a general camping ticket for?

8 hours ago, semmtexx said:

I think this is the problem in many respects. The festival is so popular. Thankfully they don't auction tickets otherwise it would become very much exclusive. 

They have raffled/auctioned tickets off in the past for charity.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/bid-on-glastonbury-2016-tickets-experiences-for-oxfam-refugee-appeal/

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Older folk will remember the game show bullseye where the losers were shown all the prizes they could have won. Sadistic act

Watch @Pear_Cider storm it (6 minutes in).

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

They have raffled/auctioned tickets off in the past for charity.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/bid-on-glastonbury-2016-tickets-experiences-for-oxfam-refugee-appeal/

Watch @Pear_Cider storm it (6 minutes in).

Sorry what I meant was auction off in the main sale, I.e. The highest bidder wins. That would be exclusive. I've no issues with charity auctions for a few tickets. Not that I've any right to make policy decisions for the Eavii!!! 

Just now, semmtexx said:

Sorry what I meant was auction off in the main sale, I.e. The highest bidder wins. That would be exclusive. I've no issues with charity auctions for a few tickets. Not that I've any right to make policy decisions for the Eavii!!! 

Ah, sorry. I misunderstood you.