Jump to content
MadScientist

Ballot for 50 pairs of tickets

Recommended Posts

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Older folk will remember the game show bullseye where the losers were shown all the prizes they could have won. Sadistic act

Yep I'm old enough to remember that... my partner has actually ordered it for my birthday, which is in November, but sadly not through Waterstones!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Older folk will remember the game show bullseye where the losers were shown all the prizes they could have won. Sadistic act

Aagh, but not everybody lost on that game show. Just ask efestivals very own @Pear_Cider, who won the car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

I've bought the glasto book. Looking forward to that arriving anyhow (though ticket less status makes it a bit of a torture). On that note if anyone else has bought the book did you get some kind of email to say you'd been entered into the draw? I mean the Waterstones draw btw. 

Not that I'm clutching at straws.... oh no not at all. 

I didn't get an email about the draw, just an order confirmation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I can't wait for is all the people on twitter who are complaining it should be a ballot (I actually saw someone started a petition for it!! :o) will need to find something new to moan about when they don't win tickets in this years.... ballot.

With any lucky all the winners are from eFests. Good luck everyone :) 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

What I can't wait for is all the people on twitter who are complaining it should be a ballot (I actually saw someone started a petition for it!! :o) will need to find something new to moan about when they don't win tickets in this years.... ballot.

With any lucky all the winners are from eFests. Good luck everyone :) 

I wonder how many people who signed the petition had tickets. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, poppyh24 said:

I think the fact it's the big 50, they've held back 50 pairs, it could well be those with active registrations who turn 50 next year? .. Completely ageist though (but one of my group falls into that category so could be a winning idea for her)

how do they know they are 50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gorfield said:

how do they know they are 50

When you register for glasto you give your date of birth if I remember right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Older folk will remember the game show bullseye where the losers were shown all the prizes they could have won. Sadistic act

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FlyingCircus said:

I wonder how many people who signed the petition had tickets. 

I didn't ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should just do it Willy Wonka style and put them in chocolate bars, that or them blue packets you used to get in Walkers crisps, when 99.9% of the time you just won a...... free packet of crisps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Puttycat1 said:

When you register for glasto you give your date of birth if I remember right

I don't think so as it could be a breach of GDPR if they collect irrelevant personal information!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, FlyingCircus said:

I wonder how many people who signed the petition had tickets. 

Well it had been going a day when I looked yesterday and it had 5 signatures :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, doogie said:

I don't think so as it could be a breach of GDPR if they collect irrelevant personal information!

You have to be 18 to buy tickets though? So it would’ve been relevant to give a date of birth. Though can’t remember now if I gave mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are going to start doing ballots on a regular basis I'm going to create about 50 registrations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

I didn't get an email about the draw, just an order confirmation

OK. Me too. 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That explains why registration is still closed....so only those currently registered who missed out last weekend can apply in the ballot. I think it's a sweet idea for the anniversary - 50 winners, 100 tickets. Albeit the odds of getting lucky are horrible.....but they always are.

I can't see it allowing multiple entries to apply. I can only imagine that you'll have to use your existing reg number to enter into the ballot,  and then if you're one of the lucky 50 winners - you can add a second reg when you get the magic link. If you buddy up, then you get two shots - your reg and your +1's reg.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Puttycat1 said:

You have to be 18 to buy tickets though? So it would’ve been relevant to give a date of birth. Though can’t remember now if I gave mine.

I think there is just a tick-box like 'i confirm I am over 18...'. There is no specific date-of-birth field to fill in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MadScientist said:

They’ve said they’re going to be selling 50 pairs of tickets in a special ballot for the 50th. I know we won’t know the details until they release them but what are people’s guesses?

sorry if not already suggested - but did they not say there would be camping under the Glastonbury on sea pier next year - 50 pre-erected tents under the pier maybe anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dogeggs said:

That explains why registration is still closed....so only those currently registered who missed out last weekend can apply in the ballot. I think it's a sweet idea for the anniversary - 50 winners, 100 tickets. Albeit the odds of getting lucky are horrible.....but they always are.

I can't see it allowing multiple entries to apply. I can only imagine that you'll have to use your existing reg number to enter into the ballot,  and then if you're one of the lucky 50 winners - you can add a second reg when you get the magic link. If you buddy up, then you get two shots - your reg and your +1's reg.

 

how do they stop the fact people have multiple registrations though ? ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup, I've already got multiple registrations.  If I hadn't already got tickets on Sunday I'd be entering them all into the draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yeah, the odds of winning are essentially zero. I still think it's odd to not only have such a low amount of tickets, but on top of that you still have to pay for them- just seems a bit tight!

...which is why i think there will be something 'special' about them....a long-drop named after you?....your own long-drop?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

...which is why i think there will be something 'special' about them....a long-drop named after you?....your own long-drop?...

Chris Martin in your tent every morning to serenade you as you wake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

how do they stop the fact people have multiple registrations though ? ....

I imagine there’s no way. They’ll probably have hoped that there would be no reason for people to have multiple registrations to get the normal sale tickets. Since the ballot is announced after theoretically no more registrations can be done until it’s over (hopefully anyway)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Older folk will remember the game show bullseye where the losers were shown all the prizes they could have won. Sadistic act

'Keep in the black and stay out of the red...nowt in this game for 2 in a bed'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

how do they stop the fact people have multiple registrations though ? ....

It's only a presumption, but I imagine the vast majority have just the one reg number. I guess it'll depend on whether Glastonbury consider the current multiple reg's enough of a problem to worry about.

Also - they must've kept registration closed for the sole purpose of avoiding further duplicates being created. 
If they had a solution to avoid multiple reg ballot entries I would've thought registration might've re-opened by now - it normally does by now doesn't it? 

Maybe they'll let it slide - maybe they'll have a multiple reg cull over the next few days? Who knows.




 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...