Ballot for 50 pairs of tickets

MadScientist

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Older folk will remember the game show bullseye where the losers were shown all the prizes they could have won. Sadistic act

Yep I'm old enough to remember that... my partner has actually ordered it for my birthday, which is in November, but sadly not through Waterstones!

20 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

I've bought the glasto book. Looking forward to that arriving anyhow (though ticket less status makes it a bit of a torture). On that note if anyone else has bought the book did you get some kind of email to say you'd been entered into the draw? I mean the Waterstones draw btw. 

Not that I'm clutching at straws.... oh no not at all. 

I didn't get an email about the draw, just an order confirmation

What I can't wait for is all the people on twitter who are complaining it should be a ballot (I actually saw someone started a petition for it!! :o) will need to find something new to moan about when they don't win tickets in this years.... ballot.

With any lucky all the winners are from eFests. Good luck everyone :) 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

What I can't wait for is all the people on twitter who are complaining it should be a ballot (I actually saw someone started a petition for it!! :o) will need to find something new to moan about when they don't win tickets in this years.... ballot.

With any lucky all the winners are from eFests. Good luck everyone :) 

I wonder how many people who signed the petition had tickets. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, poppyh24 said:

I think the fact it's the big 50, they've held back 50 pairs, it could well be those with active registrations who turn 50 next year? .. Completely ageist though (but one of my group falls into that category so could be a winning idea for her)

how do they know they are 50

18 minutes ago, doogie said:

I don't think so as it could be a breach of GDPR if they collect irrelevant personal information!

You have to be 18 to buy tickets though? So it would’ve been relevant to give a date of birth. Though can’t remember now if I gave mine.

That explains why registration is still closed....so only those currently registered who missed out last weekend can apply in the ballot. I think it's a sweet idea for the anniversary - 50 winners, 100 tickets. Albeit the odds of getting lucky are horrible.....but they always are.

I can't see it allowing multiple entries to apply. I can only imagine that you'll have to use your existing reg number to enter into the ballot,  and then if you're one of the lucky 50 winners - you can add a second reg when you get the magic link. If you buddy up, then you get two shots - your reg and your +1's reg.

2 hours ago, Puttycat1 said:

You have to be 18 to buy tickets though? So it would’ve been relevant to give a date of birth. Though can’t remember now if I gave mine.

I think there is just a tick-box like 'i confirm I am over 18...'. There is no specific date-of-birth field to fill in.

16 hours ago, MadScientist said:

They’ve said they’re going to be selling 50 pairs of tickets in a special ballot for the 50th. I know we won’t know the details until they release them but what are people’s guesses?

sorry if not already suggested - but did they not say there would be camping under the Glastonbury on sea pier next year - 50 pre-erected tents under the pier maybe anyone?

1 hour ago, dogeggs said:

That explains why registration is still closed....so only those currently registered who missed out last weekend can apply in the ballot. I think it's a sweet idea for the anniversary - 50 winners, 100 tickets. Albeit the odds of getting lucky are horrible.....but they always are.

I can't see it allowing multiple entries to apply. I can only imagine that you'll have to use your existing reg number to enter into the ballot,  and then if you're one of the lucky 50 winners - you can add a second reg when you get the magic link. If you buddy up, then you get two shots - your reg and your +1's reg.

how do they stop the fact people have multiple registrations though ? ....

4 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yeah, the odds of winning are essentially zero. I still think it's odd to not only have such a low amount of tickets, but on top of that you still have to pay for them- just seems a bit tight!

...which is why i think there will be something 'special' about them....a long-drop named after you?....your own long-drop?...

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

...which is why i think there will be something 'special' about them....a long-drop named after you?....your own long-drop?...

Chris Martin in your tent every morning to serenade you as you wake?

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I imagine there’s no way. They’ll probably have hoped that there would be no reason for people to have multiple registrations to get the normal sale tickets. Since the ballot is announced after theoretically no more registrations can be done until it’s over (hopefully anyway)

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It's only a presumption, but I imagine the vast majority have just the one reg number. I guess it'll depend on whether Glastonbury consider the current multiple reg's enough of a problem to worry about.

Also - they must've kept registration closed for the sole purpose of avoiding further duplicates being created. 
If they had a solution to avoid multiple reg ballot entries I would've thought registration might've re-opened by now - it normally does by now doesn't it? 

Maybe they'll let it slide - maybe they'll have a multiple reg cull over the next few days? Who knows.