Ballot for 50 pairs of tickets

MadScientist

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Cheers.

One of the first things I thought of this morning when I saw the D ross news was "They haven't thought of the thingy have they?!"

I am wondering why so early, maybe just to prove there is no pattern :D . Maybe someone was going to let the cat out of the bag so they put it out quickly? My money's on Rebekah Vardy. 

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I am wondering why so early, maybe just to prove there is no pattern :D . Maybe someone was going to let the cat out of the bag so they put it out quickly? My money's on Rebekah Vardy. 

My mate reckons it is in the book. People  / Press will be getting advanced copies and this stops it leaking. D Ross tweeted at 8am (same time as the festival) about it, so it looks as though it was a choreographed announcement to me.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My mate reckons it is in the book. People  / Press will be getting advanced copies and this stops it leaking. D Ross tweeted at 8am (same time as the festival) about it, so it looks as though it was a choreographed announcement to me.

Yeah, she was just after the festival. I checked in case it was her who'd gone early. Could be right about the book.

• 3 weeks later...

What do you think the odds are on these tickets turning out to be Freebies? I was thinking when it got announced that they might have initially said the ballot was to win the chance of purchasing a ticket as a means of blocking out any half-arsed Tom, Dick or Harry who's had a registration number over the past 6 years from applying, thus leaving the tickets for those who genuinely want to attend and missed out on the general sale

25 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

What do you think the odds are on these tickets turning out to be Freebies? I was thinking when it got announced that they might have initially said the ballot was to win the chance of purchasing a ticket as a means of blocking out any half-arsed Tom, Dick or Harry who's had a registration number over the past 6 years from applying, thus leaving the tickets for those who genuinely want to attend and missed out on the general sale

Deffo think its a ballot to buy tickets.. The T&C's are very specific... What it doesn't say is if you have to pay the full ticket balance straight away to secure the win.... I think everyone who wants to go who has a registration and a brain will have entered, but it'll be interesting to see how many of the 50 get repicked cause peeps miss emails or phone calls... Personally I'm checking my email hourly and answering every cold call to my mobile until the fat lady sings and they announce its all over.... 

7 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Do you think we will get an email saying successful/unsuccessful for the ballot, or just hear nothing if unsuccessful?

They're just contacting successful people. I'm sure they'll put something on their social media when it's done though

• Upvote 1