Ballot for 50 pairs of tickets

MadScientist

18 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Just on the subject of the thingy...

It doesn't have the time it took for tickets to sell out for 2020 on it.

Whilst I appreciate Mr @Gnomicide you have other things to do in your life, someone at work asked me how long it took to sell out. I confidently told them "check this website out, this tells you everything" & it wasn't there. I'd bigged the thingy up as well.

Please can this be updated? 

Coach sale - 27 Mins

General sale - 34 Mins

Thanks.

My laptop's playing up a bit and using the phone ap is a pain on the arse but I should be on it tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

I think I've realized what their thought process is with this ballot. 

The issue is they have 2.4 million registrations, people with multiple connections, and actually have no way to calculate how much interest their is in the festival. 

Using this ballot you get people with active registrations who just failed entering for tickets. They'd be able to gauge how many people are actually trying this year based on how many people enter the ballot. Sure there will be some loss in numbers but I imagine every person who wants to be there is going to be entering.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

is it possible that they can do something in terms of image searches on the photos  (for example google do reverse image searches)  to lessen duplicate registrations 

Surely you could just register with slightly different photos....enough to still look like you but dissimilar enough to pass the checks.

1 minute ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

To be fair, not had to make a choice. #3 in our group wasn’t fully into going so she willingly took the short straw 

What'll be an even bigger shitter is if she's the one that wins the ballot! 

Not that she will, of course. All 50 winners are going to be eFests members.