Ballot for 50 pairs of tickets

MadScientist

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

If they did the whole thing as a ballot, would it improve it for people if, say, you won the opportunity to buy six tickets? You could then pick for four others or choose not to, freeing those places back up. If it was me and I didn't have six, I'd likely offer them to folks here. 

That would have to be the fairest way. A lot of families and close friends go so keeping the limit of 6 per transaction would be the fairest option. Although would you have to declare your 6 at the point of registration though. Otherwise they would never know how many tickets to allocate for each winner. 

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

If they did the whole thing as a ballot, would it improve it for people if, say, you won the opportunity to buy six tickets? You could then pick for four others or choose not to, freeing those places back up. If it was me and I didn't have six, I'd likely offer them to folks here. 

You would need to run the ballet with the registrations upfront. Otherwise your opening a secondary reselling market 

Edited by kabillion

2 minutes ago, kabillion said:

You would need to run the ballet with the registrations upfront. Otherwise your opening a secondary reselling market 

I’m not sure I would stand any chance in any ballet ... can’t dance in wellies let alone do ballet :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

So if you enter as lead booker, can the guest then input themselves as lead and you as a guest or is that a duplicate. It's not very clear 

Edit the T&C clear it up I think:

Only one ballot entry is permitted per registration number, and any duplicate entries or entries which contain registrations which have an existing ticket booking / ballot entry will be excluded.

Edited by tumbles

1 minute ago, The Red Telephone said:

Looking at the comments on the London Marathon twitter page, it seems that the ballot system does indeed produce a harmonious environment and that those that are unsuccessful do not complain about the process at all.

Yes but many, like me, feel absolutely ecstatic to have received the rejection email from the LM ballot! It means a whole winter of gorging oneself on sweet-tasting-lard-filled-gooey-naughtiness rather than donning a pair of trainers and sweatpants and heading out into a dark-wintery hell several times a week throughout the winter in the hope of not being overtaken by a Womble the following April!

A rejection notification from a Glastonbury ballot would be an altogether different most horrible form of darkness.

• Upvote 1

Imagine failing to purchase tickets on Sunday, only to be that snowball in hell that gets one in this ballot. Absolute scenes.

I really hope they say how many apply in the ballot. Having said that, there is sure to be a lot of registrations that would have been used on Sunday that won’t be in the ballot due to not caring that much. I’m sure there’s a large proportion of ‘laid-back’ people registered who don’t really care if their friends manage to get them in on T day. 

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Wait, is this ballot just the chance to WIN the chance to BUY tickets? Not actually win two free tickets?!

Correct. You still have to pay for them.

Despite that I dare say people will be delirious to be told they had to pay for them when picked out.

3 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

(First post back after a very long break - Hi everyone!!! Missed you all!)

not sure if this happened to any members or got reported elsewhere for others but I am aware of a friend that had their tickets cancelled as the address on the card didn’t match his registration (he has a local reg as his parents lived in the area and he went to uni - fair enough right?). He got his ticket back for this year as he explained the situation and it was the general, not the local sale.

[Snip]

Just wanted to say welcome back Beaver89!

One of the original Thingy contributors if I remember correctly?

7 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Correct. You still have to pay for them.

Despite that I dare say people will be delirious to be told they had to pay for them when picked out.

still have to pay is fine!  Would be amazing still. 

My quest continues no matter what! 

Maybe it's time to buy a Twix...

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Just wanted to say welcome back Beaver89!

One of the original Thingy contributors if I remember correctly?

Just on the subject of the thingy...

It doesn't have the time it took for tickets to sell out for 2020 on it.

Whilst I appreciate Mr @Gnomicide you have other things to do in your life, someone at work asked me how long it took to sell out. I confidently told them "check this website out, this tells you everything" & it wasn't there. I'd bigged the thingy up as well.

Please can this be updated? 

Coach sale - 27 Mins

General sale - 34 Mins

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Is it agreed that it's one entry per reg number regardless of whether it's in name one or two?

The terms are ambiguous! I know it's mentioned previously. 

I believe so, yeah. It confirms on the final page which numbers have been entered so any further entries would be discounted.

The problem is we on this forum read far too much into everything so will over analyse their statements and Ts&Cs but in my eyes it’s saying 1 entry per reg regardless of being person 1 or 2.

33 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Yes but many, like me, feel absolutely ecstatic to have received the rejection email from the LM ballot! It means a whole winter of gorging oneself on sweet-tasting-lard-filled-gooey-naughtiness rather than donning a pair of trainers and sweatpants and heading out into a dark-wintery hell several times a week throughout the winter in the hope of not being overtaken by a Womble the following April!

A rejection notification from a Glastonbury ballot would be an altogether different most horrible form of darkness.

A work college got kicked out on the payment page on Sunday didn’t get tickets but got a place in the London Marathon ballot. Where is was the other way round got tickets on Sunday got a no on the ballot. 

I know which one I’m happy with