Ballot for 50 pairs of tickets

MadScientist

They can't do a ballot too often, because it won't take long for people to start creating multiple registrations for themselves. It's ok for this year, the ballot will no doubt be for existing registrations only.  This is (one of) the reason ballots are a terrible idea as a main method of ticket distribution.

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I agree with @Superscally. If it's arranged so people can try for friends then it's not really a fair ballot. Your friends can try for themselves, just as we all can try for ourselves. 

That said I'm not getting my hopes up for this. 50 tickets is bollocks all.

Ok it’s not a high chance but it allows me to continue to dream that I’ll make it! 

4 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I'm sad I didn't get one, but it's never going to be perfect. This isn't a sly question, but have you got a better suggestion? 

No, I don’t, I agree all competitions and sales should be as fair as possible, not particularly a fan of this ballot as it’s going to be random whereas at least ticket day has both luck and organisation/hard work elements

Sorry you didn’t get a ticket. Keep trying, I know how it feels, 12 months ago I was in the same position

17 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

No, I don’t, I agree all competitions and sales should be as fair as possible, not particularly a fan of this ballot as it’s going to be random whereas at least ticket day has both luck and organisation/hard work elements

Sorry you didn’t get a ticket. Keep trying, I know how it feels, 12 months ago I was in the same position

I see where you're coming from, but maybe the solution is to remove the organisation from T-day?  One ticket per person. Long drawn out sale, but hard work deffo rewarded...

Cheers Av, fingers crossed.

40 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I agree with @Superscally. If it's arranged so people can try for friends then it's not really a fair ballot. Your friends can try for themselves, just as we all can try for ourselves. 

That said I'm not getting my hopes up for this. 50 tickets is bollocks all.

Yeah, the odds of winning are essentially zero. I still think it's odd to not only have such a low amount of tickets, but on top of that you still have to pay for them- just seems a bit tight!

56 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Was talking about this last night, the ballot being just for people who have been registered and trying for years but failed every time. Think it’ll just be the usual free-for-all though. 

Nice sentiment but how do you implement it? How do they identify the people who get up at 9 every year, refresh like mad and have never even seen a holding screen?

19 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I see where you're coming from, but maybe the solution is to remove the organisation from T-day?  One ticket per person. Long drawn out sale, but hard work deffo rewarded....

The problem with this is that there’s no guarantee your husband/wife/partner/friends/kids, etc. will be successful in the sale too which means you could end up on your lonesome, which many wouldn’t be happy with ?

40 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yeah, the odds of winning are essentially zero. I still think it's odd to not only have such a low amount of tickets, but on top of that you still have to pay for them- just seems a bit tight!

This is what I don't get. If it's a fun gesture for the 50th why not just make it a give away? And if it's to test the ballot idea you'd think it'd be for a lot more.

Not that I'm not grateful for another way to get in, just seems odd...

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This is what I don't get. If it's a fun gesture for the 50th why not just make it a give away? And if it's to test the ballot idea you'd think it'd be for a lot more.

Not that I'm not grateful for another way to get in, just seems odd...

Yeah it seems odd. There must be extra perks somewhere. And if it is just to test the ballot idea then you can bet there's still gonna be people complaining when they are not selected

"There's no way to prove who is selected, Seetickets employees will just select their mates"

"Switch back to the registration system, the ballot isn't far" 

etc etc

They should never do it but I do wonder what would happen if they sold those 50 tickets to the highest bidder, how much they would get.on average for each? £1,000? Probably a lot more if there are only 50 for sale. I reckon £5,000 - i think there are VIP packages around for that much off site, but I wonder how much they could sell a general camping ticket for?

17 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

They’d sell at least some for £5,000, even more if it was for charity. 

I think this is the problem in many respects. The festival is so popular. Thankfully they don't auction tickets otherwise it would become very much exclusive. 

I've bought the glasto book. Looking forward to that arriving anyhow (though ticket less status makes it a bit of a torture). On that note if anyone else has bought the book did you get some kind of email to say you'd been entered into the draw? I mean the Waterstones draw btw. 

Not that I'm clutching at straws.... oh no not at all. 

Edited by semmtexx

5 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

I've bought the glasto book. Looking forward to that arriving anyhow (though ticket less status makes it a bit of a torture). On that note if anyone else has bought the book did you get some kind of email to say you'd been entered into the draw? I mean the Waterstones draw btw. 

Not that I'm clutching at straws.... oh no not at all. 

Ha yeah, it's kind of cruel that those who buy the book hoping for a ticket are probably going to find looking through the book to be pretty painful...

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ha yeah, it's kind of cruel that those who buy the book hoping for a ticket are probably going to find looking through the book to be pretty painful...

I did wonder if I might be doing the wrong thing in getting it! Maybe I'll put it into the cupboard until after the April resale.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Older folk will remember the game show bullseye where the losers were shown all the prizes they could have won. Sadistic act