MadScientist

Ballot for 50 pairs of tickets

They’ve said they’re going to be selling 50 pairs of tickets in a special ballot for the 50th. I know we won’t know the details until they release them but what are people’s guesses?

What about 25 for registration numbers that have never been successful (you still have to enter the ballot, so the winner wants to go). This only works if it’s announced before registration reopens (is it already open again?).

other 25 for anybody, or for registration numbers that have been used 3 times but failed this year?

we will know soon enough. The folks I know that missed out are obviously keen to know!!

A tricky one this. Need to find a fair way. Perhaps too much administrative overhead to get people to ‘enter’. 

most likely 50 people contacted with active registrations

1 minute ago, SecretFish said:

A tricky one this. Need to find a fair way. Perhaps too much administrative overhead to get people to ‘enter’. 

What do you mean by “active” though. Hard to tell which are active and which aren’t. Someone may have been trying for years and not entered it anywhere 

2 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

But aside from that sounds like a potentially nice ifea

I'm still hopeful of a golden ticket inside the 50th anniversary book that I pre ordered on the day it was announced.

2 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

What do you mean by “active” though. Hard to tell which are active and which aren’t. Someone may have been trying for years and not entered it anywhere 

Agree completely. But unless you have to apply i can see no other way.  

I know some people have a few active registrations which isn’t ideal

9 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I'm still hopeful of a golden ticket inside the 50th anniversary book that I pre ordered on the day it was announced.

If I hadn’t got my tickets in Sunday I’d be ordering it now. I’ll leave it on my Christmas List!!

turning 50 years old, like the festival? /hopes as that counts for me.

45 minutes ago, doogie said:

I reckon you'll need to buy the Glasto 50 book to enter the ballot

Nah..theres already a Waterstones competition for that when pre ordering the book

Surely they’ll keep it straightforward?

Open the competition on day 1 and anyone that wants to go submits 2 registration numbers (so only open to registered people).

Then on day 7 they contact the winners? 

when do they usually reopen registration ? is it any different from previous years ? that might be.... a clue 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

when do they usually reopen registration ? is it any different from previous years ? that might be.... a clue 

I think I seen 1st November.

Hopefully the ballot is before they reopen

Just now, Puttycat1 said:

I think I seen 1st November.

Hopefully the ballot is before they reopen

if thats the case that seems later than usual to me ... so id go for yes 

I think the fact it's the big 50, they've held back 50 pairs, it could well be those with active registrations who turn 50 next year? .. Completely ageist though (but one of my group falls into that category so could be a winning idea for her)

Is there anything in the wording of the last sentence? 

To mark the Festival’s 50th Anniversary, we have also held back 50 pairs of tickets which will be sold via a ballot to those who have missed out so far.

16 minutes ago, Sallyjk said:

Is there anything in the wording of the last sentence? 

To mark the Festival’s 50th Anniversary, we have also held back 50 pairs of tickets which will be sold via a ballot to those who have missed out so far.

Was talking about this last night, the ballot being just for people who have been registered and trying for years but failed every time. Think it’ll just be the usual free-for-all though. 

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

So I won’t be able to enter for friends who missed out? Damn

Nope, good. Fair ballot. Having a posse of people entering for you ain't fair...

7 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Nope, good. Fair ballot. Having a posse of people entering for you ain't fair...

They need to do something about ticket day then! 

I agree with @Superscally. If it's arranged so people can try for friends then it's not really a fair ballot. Your friends can try for themselves, just as we all can try for ourselves. 

That said I'm not getting my hopes up for this. 50 tickets is bollocks all.

• Upvote 1