Thanks to the forum and a bit of humble pie

Crazyfool01

10 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Your optimism is contagious!

The ballot and Waterstones' competition are my next two possibilities

I guess its the only way to go at the moment ... although its had several knocks the premium bonds win last week may have been the luck used up for a bit ... and only a bit :) 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok so many of you will be aware of my trials and tribulations over the last 24 hours and some new members maybe not ..... but the farm dust is beginning to settle now and I thought amongst the emotion I need to thank quite a lot of people for the support and advice given to me .... via pms and quotes .... ive written down a few people that have helped so thank you @chazwwe, @Hugh Jassdelighted your bus came in @Steveb72 for the resale help ... @Cream Soda... again ticket help @CeriG for help last year and offering this,  @Ayrshire Chris  for the help offer  and the thread setting up post .. @morph100 hoping see come good for you ... @ChunkySandwedge your message about me protecting my hat during the beach balls at hobo jones made me chuckle last night when it was much needed along with the help offer .... @Supernintendo Chalmers the fancy dress will start in due course ... @dingbat2 thanks for support before and after the festival and @flyleen for your help on Tday good luck with the band entry method ... and @MrZigster your idea is well worth more investigation and to everyone ive missed 

Ive got a few ideas of some different ways to make it to the farm and will be chatting with you all over the coming months and days in the run up to our favourite festival ... I had initially thought of disappearing into the mist but I think this forum and the festival would leave too much of a gap .... My mission now is to get to the festival without requiring the resale so the other resalers get as many ticket opportunities as possible but in the meantime im going to work out how to do this spreadsheet thing and help there ..if i have no luck before April I would be proud to have help from the forum .... but success pending you will all need to be on your guard for a hug from me at the efest meet 

To all the new members floating about at the moment have a look at the support and friends ive gained from this forum ... hit the gold button at the top and you will make some friends for life in here .....

And finally but by no means least can you please also do me a favour and get @vintagelaureate to the farm ... `i think hes taken a break from the forum we have never met ... but the support and friendship has been fantastic 

ok finally (sorry about the long post ) apologies to @H.M.V  I misread a post yesterday and overreacted some of your good friends made me see my error ... never easy to say you were wrong on an internet forum but I very definitely was 

OK see you all at the efest meet Alex xx 

Haven't been able to keep up with who didn't get tickets or who did but this is sad, hope you make it there. There's always the working option although you may have to take your hats off during shift! 

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Haven't been able to keep up with who didn't get tickets or who did but this is sad, hope you make it there. There's always the working option although you may have to take your hats off during shift! 

im thinking of it as sad but happy .... there's ways im exploring at the moment 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive certainly considered the work route ... id definitely put my all into it if it were to get that far ... but its probably my last option ... and yes I know people love to work it ..... but its my one holiday for the year so would love to keep it that way .... I chose myself not to go for bus tickets on thurs despite getting them for friends ... but maybe it was what fate decided ... they may have been the last 2 tickets on that bus and it might have locked out ... and nobody ended up with them 

I have to say, doing wristbanding with Festaff the year I didn't get tickets was an absolute joy... Almost made me decide to never try to get tickets again.  Good team, really fun work where you get to meet loads of people and be the first friendly face they see after a long journey, you get great camping and parking spots (literally parking in the field next to where you camp is a total joy, and a wrist band that obviously gets you into workers bars and on site cut throughs...  And the shifts aren't too laborious - You've generally got to do 12 hours on Wednesday, but then just 2 more 6 hour shifts over the festival (one could even by on the Thurs if you get there early enough to sign up to those nice shifts, but mine were Sat am - didn't care too much for any of the Friday night acts and was all done by midday - and Sun afternoon... which ended up actually just being 4 hours, 12-4).  Would thoroughly recommend.

2 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I have to say, doing wristbanding with Festaff the year I didn't get tickets was an absolute joy... Almost made me decide to never try to get tickets again.  Good team, really fun work where you get to meet loads of people and be the first friendly face they see after a long journey, you get great camping and parking spots (literally parking in the field next to where you camp is a total joy, and a wrist band that obviously gets you into workers bars and on site cut throughs...  And the shifts aren't too laborious - You've generally got to do 12 hours on Wednesday, but then just 2 more 6 hour shifts over the festival (one could even by on the Thurs if you get there early enough to sign up to those nice shifts, but mine were Sat am - didn't care too much for any of the Friday night acts and was all done by midday - and Sun afternoon... which ended up actually just being 4 hours, 12-4).  Would thoroughly recommend.

`Cheers ... where do festaff camp ? was that up near the farm ? or am i getting this mixed up ? its dependant on wether my friend can do mon to mon as he has young kids ... we are discussing options 

I've always wondered who the workers were who do the wristbands. That has surely got to be the best volunteering work? Surely everyone is in the best mood possible so all you have to deal with is incredibly happy people.

Surely better than working the Sunday night shift when everyone is drinking themselves into the ground as it's the last night and trying to navigate their way to SE Corner.

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

`Cheers ... where do festaff camp ? was that up near the farm ? or am i getting this mixed up ? its dependant on wether my friend can do mon to mon as he has young kids ... we are discussing options 

Yes up near the farm . Oxfam I think are outside the fence that way. Extra time is needed for sure, but extra time also means extra time on site , and crew bars and wandering time when the festival hasn;t started properly

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Yes up near the farm . Oxfam I think are outside the fence that way. Extra time is needed for sure, but extra time also means extra time on site , and crew bars and wandering time when the festival hasn;t started properly

Unless it changed last year (I did 2017) they're just outside the fence in the field next to Oxfam, by Gate B.  The guys told me that year that they used to be by the recycling crew by the farm, but had been moved that year.

Also, the two days I had on site before gates open were really great... It's so bizarre to see it all empty, and so exciting to see it ramping up and final things being built.  Also gives you plenty of time to figure out where all the crew bars are.

Edited by GrumpyRaver

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I've always wondered who the workers were who do the wristbands. That has surely got to be the best volunteering work? Surely everyone is in the best mood possible so all you have to deal with is incredibly happy people.

Surely better than working the Sunday night shift when everyone is drinking themselves into the ground as it's the last night and trying to navigate their way to SE Corner.

I can't think of a volunteering job that beats it.  It really was great fun... everyone was in such a great mood and so happy to see you and be in, had some really great chat, and loads of people coming up to me over the next few days on site to say hi again.

If you are prepared to work it matey you will most definately be there. I think Festaff are in Tom's field with the litter pickers arnt they? Oxfam general poistions will be available about 3rd week of Feb I think and if you apply the same ticket day diligence to securimg those you'll be fine. Plus you get to party at Wally's, Maceos etc bars on Mon and Tues and aftershow on following Mon if you hang about. Will have to do training if you haven't done it before but no big deal and can do it online now as well. See you at the meet.

12 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

If you are prepared to work it matey you will most definately be there. I think Festaff are in Tom's field with the litter pickers arnt they? Oxfam general poistions will be available about 3rd week of Feb I think and if you apply the same ticket day diligence to securimg those you'll be fine. Plus you get to party at Wally's, Maceos etc bars on Mon and Tues and aftershow on following Mon if you hang about. Will have to do training if you haven't done it before but no big deal and can do it online now as well. See you at the meet.

im still to decide ... its not entirely ruled out at this stage .... just might make things more of an issue for best mate who I go with in terms of getting away from young kids for longer ... we will have a chat about it 

4 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

How do you go about wrist banding jobs?

we’ve missed out this year and are so gutted ?

I wish you lots of luck @crazyfool1 in whatever method you Can manage to get to 2020. I saw you walking by the pyramid field with your hat last year and said to my niece - oh that’s @crazyfool1
I am sure you will have as much help and support as possible to get you there - am happy to help in any resales if required. I have been helped out in the past by Forum members and was lucky with my group again yesterday so am happy to pay it on. Never give up ?

19 minutes ago, sedra said:

I wish you lots of luck @crazyfool1 in whatever method you Can manage to get to 2020. I saw you walking by the pyramid field with your hat last year and said to my niece - oh that’s @crazyfool1
I am sure you will have as much help and support as possible to get you there - am happy to help in any resales if required. I have been helped out in the past by Forum members and was lucky with my group again yesterday so am happy to pay it on. Never give up ?

thankyou ... im hoping to work out a way of getting there that as much as possible leaves the resource of the members of the forum free to help others in the resale .... that said should I fail (which at the moment is unlikely fingers crossed  ) then I would be very grateful 

Hey crazyfool1 I really hope you do get down, I haven't actually attended one of the efests meet ups yet due to not really being on here much/crippling anxiety around new unknown people but I'll try and make an appearance if you do get there. Would like to see what these hats people are talking about. 

Was getting worried as you stopped ending your posts with a :) so it's nice to see them back in this thread. Again, more than happy to help in anyway. 

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Hey crazyfool1 I really hope you do get down, I haven't actually attended one of the efests meet ups yet due to not really being on here much/crippling anxiety around new unknown people but I'll try and make an appearance if you do get there. Would like to see what these hats people are talking about. 

Was getting worried as you stopped ending your posts with a :) so it's nice to see them back in this thread. Again, more than happy to help in anyway. 

There will be some hat posts ... in fact here's one now :) as you asked ... some updates due .... and the ribbon tower one turned out to be not very easy to wear probably obvious why :) 

IMG_5149.jpeg

IMG_5150.jpeg