Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Mobile

The translation is a bit over the place.  I read it as the site Mad Cool is currently on is unlikely to be available next year.  No alternative has been agreed  and they're currently looking at alternatives.  Some other places are offering to host the festival.

Maybe someone who can read it in Spanish can advise if that's something close to what's being said.

I can't translate the whole article lol It just says that the negotiations aren't working. The new places that Madrid is offering wouldn't work for them (lack of transportation, smaller than valdebebas,...) so they have to make a decision this week or they'll miss the headliners for 2021. Valladolid has made an offer, but that city is too small (9.000 hotel rooms for +50.000 tickets, it's not enough). Once I have more info I'll tell you!!

EDIT: I'm spanish so I understood the whole article, it's just too long for me to translate it!

Edited by sariris

14 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Don't really follow Springsteen but does he do festivals at all? Don't think I've ever seen him around.

He's played various ones in the past - I once recall The Killers opening for him at Pinkpop with Brandon Flowers going to do a song with Bruce in his set. Says he's also previously done a few others but largely sticks to his own shows.

There's clearly an audience for him in Spain, given he sold out both the Nou Camp and Bernabeu on a previous Spanish jaunt.

11 hours ago, charlierc said:

He's played various ones in the past - I once recall The Killers opening for him at Pinkpop with Brandon Flowers going to do a song with Bruce in his set. Says he's also previously done a few others but largely sticks to his own shows.

There's clearly an audience for him in Spain, given he sold out both the Nou Camp and Bernabeu on a previous Spanish jaunt.

Springsteen is massive in Spain. He could probably sell out the Bernabeu Stadium several times over if he wished.
Latest rumours are that he's recording a new album with the E Street Band and touring some time later this year or next year. I think he's highly unlikely for Mad Cool - the timing just doesn't look right. 

Just now, lukecork said:

Biffy & RATM will be announced tomorrow for R&L, RATM busy in July. Maybe Biffy could be one of our headliners? I'd be over the moon with that.

I’d be happy with Biffy but I get the impression they’re not really classed as a headliner in europe ? Are they popular in Spain ?

9 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I’d be happy with Biffy but I get the impression they’re not really classed as a headliner in europe ? Are they popular in Spain ?

Nope 😕 

So... no Foo Fighters and no RATM. I wasn't expecting them to play Mad Cool so for me it's not a real disappointment.