Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

25 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Why all the doom and gloom on here?

I don't get it. I said only two pages ago - we were in this same boat in 2018 and got Arctic Monkeys and Jack white by waiting patiently.  If MCR and the strokes mean that much to you, go and see them, they are playing all over Europe this summer.

I've seen both more than once and seriously, I don't feel like i am missing out. Both seem expensive headliners that unfortunately disappoint live when I've seen them previously (although I do love both bands on record).

Yes there are two headliners not announced and all of a sudden everyone becomes Nostradamus, seemingly knowing exactly whats going on, who was booked, why they aren't playing etc. You DON'T  - simple as that!

Mad cool is a huge festival and the line up is already great (I love the undercard on the Friday - check out Parcels, Highly Suspect and Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes if you don't already know them). Granted I feel one of the headliners might be a "safe" one  (Liam Gallagher or Post Malone)  but i am pretty sure the festival will not disappoint. 

Have a cup of tea or coffee, get through the week at work, have a nice weekend and just chill the F**k out - be patient!   

Whilst I totally agree no doom and gloom necessary and the lineup is already cracking regardless of headliners without the incessant speculation there is no thread! 

37 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Why all the doom and gloom on here?

I don't get it. I said only two pages ago - we were in this same boat in 2018 and got Arctic Monkeys and Jack white by waiting patiently.  If MCR and the strokes mean that much to you, go and see them, they are playing all over Europe this summer.

I've seen both more than once and seriously, I don't feel like i am missing out. Both seem expensive headliners that unfortunately disappoint live when I've seen them previously (although I do love both bands on record).

Yes there are two headliners not announced and all of a sudden everyone becomes Nostradamus, seemingly knowing exactly whats going on, who was booked, why they aren't playing etc. You DON'T  - simple as that!

Mad cool is a huge festival and the line up is already great (I love the undercard on the Friday - check out Parcels, Highly Suspect and Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes if you don't already know them). Granted I feel one of the headliners might be a "safe" one  (Liam Gallagher or Post Malone)  but i am pretty sure the festival will not disappoint. 

Have a cup of tea or coffee, get through the week at work, have a nice weekend and just chill the F**k out - be patient!   

People are watching Mad Cools activity like a watched pot that'll never boil. People expect announcements sooner and sooner each year and when they don't they get them they become irritable. For a festival that has sold out it's 4 day, announced just as much as other festivals, I don't see the panic at all. Our impatience isn't the measuring stick for their plan. Only we have ruled out Strokes....and even IF that comes to be true....let's hope it gives way to another band no one else has and that'll be amazing. Positive vibes 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Whilst I totally agree no doom and gloom necessary and the lineup is already cracking regardless of headliners without the incessant speculation there is no thread! 

The speculation is fine, the constant moaning and berating of the festival organisation with absolutely NO inside knowledge of what is actually happening is tedious. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Fest Goer said:

Chances of RATM? 

I'd rather them than MCR & Strokes combined tbh 

Same here, hopefully the chances are good. I imagine plenty of festivals are throwing the bank/flirting with the idea of an appearance by RATM.  At this moment in time I imagine there as just a good bet as anybody else.

There's whispers of them now going to be @ R&L.

Finally, and "funally", there are people who whispers  words of wisdom in this mind acrobatic issue.

MC got a helluva lineup, undercard deluxe, they sold out 4 days tickets in first week, they expected to close it with 2 strong headliners, people realized that they were Strokes & MCR, never confirmed by MC, the last is out definitely, the first remains definitely maybe. It,s 5 months to fill.

An that,s all folks, keep in faith, don,t panic, life is wonderful, enjoy, and be sure that  MC 2020 will be again a big party full of great music.

Another thing is Vad Cool 2021😁...

Edited by Big Kahuna
mistake

1 hour ago, Fest Goer said:

Chances of RATM? 

I'd rather them than MCR & Strokes combined tbh 

If RATM were playing - I'd rather that than the whole of the rest of the line up LOL. 

If they were announced (which isn't likely) id be the happiest person alive 

I saw them in the 90's the 00's and was at Finsbury Park in 2010 so if i can add the 20's that will be four different decades i've seen them in 

9 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

If RATM were playing - I'd rather that than the whole of the rest of the line up LOL. 

If they were announced (which isn't likely) id be the happiest person alive 

I saw them in the 90's the 00's and was at Finsbury Park in 2010 so if i can add the 20's that will be four different decades i've seen them in 

I wouldn't rule the out just yet, they seem a good a shout as anybody at the moment. They might hold out until 2021 for europe but I'd assume there's probably been talks given this years struggle to secure headliners.

Guys, we will probably have to wait until April, I've said it a couple of times... they made their last announcement during that month last year. It's the best option bc they'll want to sell out the fnac packs (which are back on sale) and the 3-day tickets, but now they're doing good. We already have an awesome line-up. While I do think that they lost their headliners (but it doesn't mean that it's true, maybe they didn't and The Strokes + MCR was never in their plans or they haven't lost The Strokes, who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️ none of us work for them) I'm sure they had other artists there just in case the negotiations didn't go further. Like some of you said: it's too early to panic. And we don't have any reason at all!! I think MC does a good job every year (in terms of line-up, good job in general since 2019)

And that's why they're in no rush to announce what's left lol + I've said april bc they have made their last announcement during that month like... 3 years in a row, if I remember well! That could change this year, ofc. Who knows, we could be getting an announcement this week, or next week, or next month,...

They could also announce the two headliners first and make their last announcement one month after!! we don't know. We don't work for Mad Cool nor Live Nation to be completely sure about this.

Why desperately though? I know I've said that a couple of times, but some of you are right, they don't need two GREAT headliners as much as we want to. They're selling great, and they'll keep selling great if the headliners are Post Malone, Liam Gallagher or whatever band. Worst case scenario for them? not selling out that day. But I'm sure they can handle that.

I hope I'm wrong and we get two headliners worth live seeing though... like, don't kill me for what I have just said lol I'm still hopeful and I don't mind the wait now.

Edited by sariris

39 minutes ago, sariris said:

Guys, we will probably have to wait until April, I've said it a couple of times... they made their last announcement during that month last year. It's the best option bc they'll want to sell out the fnac packs (which are back on sale) and the 3-day tickets, but now they're doing good. We already have an awesome line-up. While I do think that they lost their headliners (but it doesn't mean that it's true, maybe they didn't and The Strokes + MCR was never in their plans or they haven't lost The Strokes, who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️ none of us work for them) I'm sure they had other artists there just in case the negotiations didn't go further. Like some of you said: it's too early to panic. And we don't have any reason at all!! I think MC does a good job every year (in terms of line-up, good job in general since 2019)

They made their last announcement on april last year because they lost a headliner, and  waited till april because they had negotiations with another band to fill the slot (prophets of rage). Now theyare probably searching 2 headliners, but we dont know when they will announce, probably in 2 weeks or in 2 months. Just wait.

13 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Number 2. They lost both their Friday headliners.

Matt, this is exactly the kind of statement you get stick for. It comes across as absolute, like you know something, like you’re claiming to be ITK. I just want you to be aware this is a good example so hopefully you’re not so naive about how it comes across next time and then claim everyone does it (they don’t). I do also think this might be the case btw, but neither of us know.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Matt, this is exactly the kind of statement you get stick for. It comes across as absolute, like you know something, like you’re claiming to be ITK. I just want you to be aware this is a good example so hopefully you’re not so naive about how it comes across next time and then claim everyone does it (they don’t). I do also think this might be the case btw, but neither of us know.

Spot on. He has no more knowledge than the rest of us but makes out he does. Not to say that won't turn out to be accurate, but it isn't as clear cut as Matt makes out. Likes to seem in-the-know but isn't.

44 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

22 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Spot on. He has no more knowledge than the rest of us but makes out he does. Not to say that won't turn out to be accurate, but it isn't as clear cut as Matt makes out. Likes to seem in-the-know but isn't.

It didn't come across as he KNEW they lost two headliners, he said it from his opinion. Just like so many others have guessed in previous pages. In fact if you back a page and to the bottom a guy says the exact same thing but just includes IMO.

Take things @Matt42 says less serious, I'm sure if he had any knowledge he'd say something like Somebody told me, or i've heard etc.

• Upvote 2

I gave my opinion, that's why I wrote IMO. Matt has just replied to my post giving his view. Don't really what's all the fuss about. If we cannot speculate I don't really see the point of this thread at all. 

BTW, there is inside information from the organizers floating around Spanish forums in case anyone is interested. Better not copy it here since this is getting sensitive... 

• Upvote 2

I just came in to suggest possibility of Eminem being a remaining headliner and saw all this. I’ve seen in the szgiet thread someone is confident he’s doing that. Have Szgiet and Mad Cool shared a headliner or are they too far apart for that?

Also

Thanks to the rational ones and not the barking users on this forum :) 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

BTW, there is inside information from the organizers floating around Spanish forums in case anyone is interested. Better not copy it here since this is getting sensitive... 

Say iiiiiiiiiiiiit (what's that spanish forum btw??)

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I just came in to suggest possibility of Eminem being a remaining headliner and saw all this. I’ve seen in the szgiet thread someone is confident he’s doing that. Have Szgiet and Mad Cool shared a headliner or are they too far apart for that?

Also

I think we might get rappers as our last two headliners and why not? I've already thrown in who i'd like if this was to happen (Post Malone, Travis Scott, Tyler the creator or stormzy who are all available in EU at this time). I'd be happy with Eminem for the reminiscence but as many others have stated this line up is already stacked for me. 

Edited by lukecork

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Also

Eminem is NOT playing Mad Cool 

10 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I gave my opinion, that's why I wrote IMO. Matt has just replied to my post giving his view. Don't really what's all the fuss about. If we cannot speculate I don't really see the point of this thread at all. 

Speculation is absolutely to be encouraged. Please do share!

• Upvote 2