Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

6 hours ago, sariris said:

Dua Lipa has her own gigs announced for Spain. Same with Guns n Roses (exclusive concert in Seville, Spain). Coldplay is not touring because of climatic change (they have to find a sustainable way to travel) aaaaaand that's it! I don't know anything about the others.

What about OneRepublic? they have released some songs...

Muse have said they're not touring, just a couple charity gigs this year, Matt just had another kid.

6 hours ago, sariris said:

Dua Lipa has her own gigs announced for Spain. Same with Guns n Roses (exclusive concert in Seville, Spain). Coldplay is not touring because of climatic change (they have to find a sustainable way to travel) aaaaaand that's it! I don't know anything about the others.

What about OneRepublic? they have released some songs...

I think I'm more likely to headline than OneRepublic 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

17 hours ago, sariris said:

Idk what's OneRepublic's “reputation” in festivals, but I guess it's not that good lol I was listening to them and I thought about it. It's not like I did something illegal...

I think if we are at the stage of hitting out with random names with literally 0 chance of headlining , then the entire discussion is pointless.

I get you're excited for them to announce the last headliners but doesn't mean you need to hit out with nonsense like One Republic mate

20 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I think if we are at the stage of hitting out with random names with literally 0 chance of headlining , then the entire discussion is pointless.

I get you're excited for them to announce the last headliners but doesn't mean you need to hit out with nonsense like One Republic mate

Like I said: I didn't know about OneRepublic reputation in festivals, or if they have any chance at headlining. This is going to be my first festival, and even though I've tried to be informed about everything Mad Cool related to help (because I'm spanish), I'm not the best one to say “this one might headline”, and that's why I'm making the list adding every artist YOU ALL say, and have asked about bands that I thought that could be added before putting them up just because I had no clue and you all obviously know more about this. But that doesn't mean that I can't ask about bands. Even if they wouldn't or it would crazy to even think about them headlining, I was just ASKING. It's not like I said “WE COULD ADD ONEREPUBLIC TO THE LIST!!! I THINK THEY COULD BE ONE OF THE HEADLINERS!!!” I asked “what about this band?”. You could have just answered “Nope because blahblablah” and that's it. I'm trying to learn so I can be more helpful next year.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

I expect the “hidden gem” theory will take ground in the actual scenario, in order to avoid usual suspects.

In fact, I do not know what is the headlining status in other big festivals like Werchter, NOS or BBK, prefiguring a potential agreement to recruit bigfishes from obscurity...

Edited by Big Kahuna

19 hours ago, Aech said:

Muse have said they're not touring, just a couple charity gigs this year, Matt just had another kid.

I think that he has one on the way but not born as of yet. He did put a thing on Instagram he's been working on original music for the Simulation Theory tour movie, but I imagine its little things between songs - not exactly the same as the new LP, which is probably 2021 given Muse's every 3 years per new album track record.

19 hours ago, sariris said:

Idk what's OneRepublic's “reputation” in festivals, but I guess it's not that good lol I was listening to them and I thought about it. It's not like I did something illegal...

Says that they haven't played any European shows since 2014/15, and I don't know if they have the clout to go straight from such an absence back to gigs of this scale.

2 minutes ago, Dillar said:

They aren't going to go from Ukraine, to Madrid, to Russia. In successive days. 

Sorry, but they are totally out. 

Ukraine to Madrid is around the same time length as Ukraine to Moscow. Actually seems less effort as there’s direct flights and none to Moscow. Would just mean an added flight to their schedule for them. 

There is no logic to confirm them as out yet.

Edited by Qubatev
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Qubatev said:

Ukraine to Madrid is around the same time length as Ukraine to Moscow. Actually seems less effort as there’s direct flights and none to Moscow. Would just mean an added flight to their schedule for them. 

There is no logic to confirm them as out yet.

Depends how they plan to travel I guess. 

I would be highly surprised if they did. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dillar said:

Depends how they plan to travel I guess. 

I would be highly surprised if they did. 

I know they’re older now but their 2011 festival run has a couple of 4 day stretches in different countries.

Belgium-> Germany -> Denmark -> Czech 

Lisbon -> Ireland -> Scotland -> England 

So 3 days in a row even if it’s different countries doesn’t seem impossible. cant find direct flights from Kiev to Moscow and indirects are probably a lot more work.

Festival season ends up being a lot of flying for acts due to scheduling etc.

Edited by Qubatev

5 minutes ago, Qubatev said:

I know they’re older now but their 2011 festival run has a couple of 4 day stretches in different countries.

So 3 days in a row even if it’s different countries doesn’t seem impossible. cant find direct flights from Kiev to Moscow and indirects are probably a lot more work.

Aren't all those fairly easy trips?

Lisbon to Ireland is over 2 hours, but all the others are short flights.

Madrid and Ukraine/Moscow are both 5+ hours. 

7 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Aren't all those fairly easy trips?

Lisbon to Ireland is over 2 hours, but all the others are short flights.

Madrid and Ukraine/Moscow are both 5+ hours. 

Is a 4-5 hour flight time that much more effort compared to 2-ish? It’s not like it’s transcontinental. 
Personally I’d say no and bands are touring professionals so even more used to it..

21 minutes ago, Qubatev said:

In their entire 2020 tour plans with like 30 odd dates there isn't a single run of 3 shows in 3 days. They're never playing more than 2 in a row.