Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

46 minutes ago, sariris said:

Do you have any rumours or what you said before about idles/etc was just a hunch?

idles exclusive canela party

Inhaler tour with last tour in Madrid (BBK promoter) 

Bombay bicycle club exclusive san san festival.

4 minutes ago, Degu said:

Except Inhaler are in Lisbon at Nos Alive on the 9th July so could easily make the short hop to Madrid for the 10th?

Saw them last year and they were surprisingly good.

Edited by PintoMcGuinness

If you take a look at the MC lineup, the headliners go from modern/pop/ish artists on July 8th half 9th (Taylor Swift, Twenty One Pilots, Billie Eilish) to old-school/rock/metal/ish (The Killers, Kings of Leon, Faith No More). I would expect one of the headliners to be more like Faith No More and the other one more like Twenty One Pilots. I guess 3-day packs would be easier to sell out this way.  I could be wrong tho, I'm just using the little marketing knowledge I have.

Seeing that Weezer is having a gig outside the Hella Mega Tour (Inkcarceration Fest), just like Green Day (touring eastern europe alone + Italy with Weezer), made me re-think that Fall Out Boy could stay in Europe a bit longer for this... I think they were rumoured for Mad Cool 2018 and the HMT is run by ticketmaster/livenation. They're also playing a couple of festivals. What do you think???

44 minutes ago, Degu said:

idles exclusive canela party

Bombay bicycle club exclusive san san festival.

San San festival is in April right? I'd be very surprised if Bombay don't show up at a Spanish summer festival 

4 hours ago, Super Johnny Fos said:

Run the Jewels and Rage would be amazing and have just been added to Boston Calling...

Boston-Calling-2020.jpg

I did consider this as a long-haul excuse to visit the USA for the first time but despite liking the 3 headliners, the rest of it leaves me feel oddly cold.

Oh well. Can always go to the US for another reason another time.

2 hours ago, robmongascy said:

Gorillaz would be amazing 

They'd certainly be more likely than the suggestion above of Blink, given the whole thing that their drummer won't fly so would need to come to Europe by boat, and I think it'd get here too late to do any of the summer festivals based on the fact they're doing a lot of June/July US festivals.

But yeah. Decent when I saw them. Would be a good choice.

Sadly Gorillaz don’t have any tour dates announced. You never know though - I’m really surprised they’re even semi-active this year. I wonder if there are any other festivals pending an announcement that they could feasibly headline? It’d make sense that they’ve been held back.

I’d love to see it happen, however I sadly don’t think there’s much of a chance. We’d have some indication that they’re gigging by now, surely.

OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYY here's the updated list:

HEADLINERS:

The Strokes
Fall Out Boy
Post Malone
Tame Impala
Black Keys
Pet Shop Boys
The Weeknd
Lana del Rey
Beck
Arcade Fire
Liam Gallagher

NOT LIKELY:

My Chemical Romance
Foo Fighters
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Guns n Roses
Queen + Adam Lambert
Gorillaz
Rage Against The Machine
Prophets of Rage

UNDERCARD:

Biffy Clyro
The Lumineers
Bastille
The Pretty Reckless
Wallows
Calvin Harris
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Picture This
Rural Zombies
The Sherlocks
Bombay Bicycle Club
Two Door Cinema Club
Jamie T
LANY
St. Lucia
Fickle Friends
Aluna George
Joan
Larkins
Jorja Smith
Wilco
Vetusta Morla
All Time Low
Kraftwerk
Fontaines DC
Badbadnotgood
Idles
Loyle Carner
The Growlers
Men I Trust
Slowthai
Working Men's Club
Masego
PREP
Channel Tres
Ty Segall
Murder Capital
Inhaler
Girl Band

Tbh, I'm loving this. I'll keep updating the list from time to time based on what we talk here, so we can check what bands we were right about once MC make their last announcement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sariris said:

OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYY here's the updated list:

HEADLINERS:

The Strokes
Fall Out Boy
Post Malone
Tame Impala
Black Keys
Pet Shop Boys
The Weeknd
Lana del Rey
Beck
Arcade Fire
Liam Gallagher

NOT LIKELY:

My Chemical Romance
Foo Fighters
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Guns n Roses
Queen + Adam Lambert
Gorillaz
Rage Against The Machine
Prophets of Rage

UNDERCARD:

Biffy Clyro
The Lumineers
Bastille
The Pretty Reckless
Wallows
Calvin Harris
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Picture This
Rural Zombies
The Sherlocks
Bombay Bicycle Club
Two Door Cinema Club
Jamie T
LANY
St. Lucia
Fickle Friends
Aluna George
Joan
Larkins
Jorja Smith
Wilco
Vetusta Morla
All Time Low
Kraftwerk
Fontaines DC
Badbadnotgood
Idles
Loyle Carner
The Growlers
Men I Trust
Slowthai
Working Men's Club
Masego
PREP
Channel Tres
Ty Segall
Murder Capital
Inhaler
Girl Band

Tbh, I'm loving this. I'll keep updating the list from time to time based on what we talk here, so we can check what bands we were right about once MC make their last announcement.

Wow... don't expect more artists. Just 2 headliners, possibly 1 more second line and band's competition (around 10)

Edited by fld

12 minutes ago, fld said:

Wow... don't expect more artists. Just 2 headliners, possibly 1 more second line and band's competition (around 10)

I think they'll announce more artists, just like last year lol not a lot of them though, but definitely more than just 2 headliners, 1 second line and band's competition........ just check the lack of artist on wednesday. We've talked about this already, and they ALWAYS make an announcement on early April. We'll probably know the whole line-up then. (I'm expecting 20-30 artists. They announced 28 artists on april last year, including a headliner)

And (just in case) this list doesn't imply that they'll announce them all, that's absolutely crazy. We're just playing around...

27 minutes ago, sariris said:

I think they'll announce more artists, just like last year lol not a lot of them though, but definitely more than just 2 headliners, 1 second line and band's competition........ just check the lack of artist on wednesday. We've talked about this already, and they ALWAYS make an announcement on early April. We'll probably know the whole line-up then. (I'm expecting 20-30 artists. They announced 28 artists on april last year, including a headliner)

And (just in case) this list doesn't imply that they'll announce them all, that's absolutely crazy. We're just playing around...

I know, but last year they announced on april cause a headliner droppped and they filled with PoR. Yep, you are right, but just expect 5 or 6 acts more on wednesday... idk, this just doesnt smell good. I hope everything ends well

3 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Sadly Gorillaz don’t have any tour dates announced. You never know though - I’m really surprised they’re even semi-active this year. I wonder if there are any other festivals pending an announcement that they could feasibly headline? It’d make sense that they’ve been held back.

I’d love to see it happen, however I sadly don’t think there’s much of a chance. We’d have some indication that they’re gigging by now, surely.

There might be more this week if it is true a single they've put together with Slowthai is appearing. So if that is the case, they might be announcing stuff within the next few weeks.

I do agree with that view given that a lot of the bands touring this year have been heavily rumoured in advance so they've done well to keep it quiet.

1 hour ago, Dales said:

What about Massive Attack 😎

Still got memories of 2018 and being exhausted on a train back from IFEMA to the city centre with some drunk Scottish guys screamed "Fuck Massive Attack what a bunch of w*nkers" after their late pull-out. Think one even accused them of being friends with Theresa May, but I think 3 hours dancing and singing to Arctic Monkeys and Franz Ferdinand had worn me out by that point that my memory might be a bit less clear.

Something like All Points East where every other stage stops for the headliner probably suits them better.

7 hours ago, sariris said:

2 headliners and third line. 

9 hours ago, Dales said:

What about Massive Attack 😎

LMAO After 2018 debacle I still have PTSD thinking about that night. I'm up to say I'd love to see them anywhere but at MC.

8 hours ago, charlierc said:

Something like All Points East where every other stage stops for the headliner probably suits them (Massive Attack) better.

Sad but true. That or putting them on the last slot of the main stage one night, but I don't think it would work out decently anyway

8 hours ago, fld said:

I know, but last year they announced on april cause a headliner droppped and they filled with PoR. Yep, you are right, but just expect 5 or 6 acts more on wednesday... idk, this just doesnt smell good. I hope everything ends well

It depends on how many stages they have this year: if 7 like 2018, there will be many more names, if 6 like 2019 I think we are missing no more than 5-8 relevant names - included the headliners.

Fact is that if they are using 6 stages, the situation turns odd, as they would put some not-so-irrilevant band in the last stages with 40 minutes slots, which would be kind of unusual. 

1 hour ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

It depends on how many stages they have this year: if 7 like 2018, there will be many more names, if 6 like 2019 I think we are missing no more than 5-8 relevant names - included the headliners.

Fact is that if they are using 6 stages, the situation turns odd, as they would put some not-so-irrilevant band in the last stages with 40 minutes slots, which would be kind of unusual. 

@Degu - didn't you say it was 7 stages? I think I recall that a while ago.