Superunknown

Mad Cool Festival 2020

8 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Ok. Fair play then...

Only way I can see MCR at MC is if they play the Sunday for that park live (July 12th). Even that's a big ask and a heavy schedule.

1 minute ago, lukecork said:

Only way I can see MCR at MC is if they play the Sunday for that park live (July 12th). Even that's a big ask and a heavy schedule.

nah, can't see them going to Ukraine only to come to Spain and then go to Russia... it's weird. They're not playing Mad Cool and that's it 😕 I'm really sad but I guess this is how festivals work...

1 minute ago, sariris said:

nah, can't see them going to Ukraine only to come to Spain and then go to Russia... it's weird. They're not playing Mad Cool and that's it 😕 I'm really sad but I guess this is how festivals work...

I think you're confused with dates,they'd be going to MC, then Ukraine and then Russia.

Heavy schedule but as I've sound numerous times i'll believe these things when I see it.

1 minute ago, lukecork said:

I think you're confused with dates,they'd be going to MC, then Ukraine and then Russia.

Heavy schedule but as I've sound numerous times i'll believe these things when I see it.

Nope! Opel said that they would be in Ukraine in July 9th, and then Russia in July 11th. The missing headliners in MC would be for July 10th.

• Upvote 1

Would it be normal to play the UK and then head all the way over to Eastern Europe/Russia? I would have thought groups would work their way across Europe. I would have thought that between the MK dates and turning up in Russia they would have played some dates in Western Europe first, whether that is MC or some place else.

2 minutes ago, DomenicoZappala said:

i'd assume Friday 19th June but we haven't been told yet.

That’d be a shame if people that were there at 9:30 this morning didn’t actually get to see their first show here 

1 minute ago, DomenicoZappala said:

i'd assume Friday 19th June but we haven't been told yet.

Still couldn't go... I'm singing somewhere that weekend... I guess I'll see them next time 😕 at least they're back together!!

If MCR are to be ruled out, who does thatcher leave us with? If we say for argument’s sake The Strokes are one of them...

Then...

RHCP - probably not, looks like they’ve announced all of their Euro fest dates

Post Malone/Tame Impala - have been there recently, I think their dates don’t massively add up either

who else is in the equation? Mind’s gone blank

4 minutes ago, Dales said:

Would it be normal to play the UK and then head all the way over to Eastern Europe/Russia? I would have thought groups would work their way across Europe. I would have thought that between the MK dates and turning up in Russia they would have played some dates in Western Europe first, whether that is MC or some place else.

There`s supposed to be a show in Germany on July, 6, so they`ll fill in the gaps between UK and Ukraine somehow.

3 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

If MCR are to be ruled out, who does thatcher leave us with? If we say for argument’s sake The Strokes are one of them...

Then...

Post Malone/Tame Impala - have been there recently, I think their dates don’t massively add up either

Maybe someone who has not released dates yet

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Then...

I recently realised that Green Day was doing a festival without Fall Out Boy or Weezer and I thought that mayyyybe one of them? FOB or Weezer I mean... + Sum 41 was announced today for Werchter, so that would be another cool name that they could add up.

Or someone with no dates, like Hook said.

I recently realised that Green Day was doing a festival without Fall Out Boy or Weezer and I thought that mayyyybe one of them? FOB or Weezer I mean... + Sum 41 was announced today for Werchter, so that would be another cool name that they could add up.

GD, FOB and Weezer are doing a tour in June. I doubt they`ll be drugging it for July. Sum 41 is doing Ukraine\Russia with MCR, from what I hear

Doubt it’ll be someone with no dates this late on. To be honest, I think Green Day are the only one of those names who could headline and they did it a couple of years ago (and I recall someone saying there was trouble with their set..?).

Could see Weezer as a second liner and Sum 41 floating around somewhere early on in a day, but you’d be silly to think they’re anywhere near headline size, especially in Europe.

4 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Doubt it’ll be someone with no dates this late on. To be honest, I think Green Day are the only one of those names who could headline and they did it a couple of years ago (and I recall someone saying there was trouble with their set..?).

Could see Weezer as a second liner and Sum 41 floating around somewhere early on in a day, but you’d be silly to think they’re anywhere near headline size, especially in Europe.

the set itself was fine and brilliant, but they were angry about the death of a performer before it and they weren't told before going on stage. quite a few people left after seeing someone die. Maybe they'll come back to play again under nicer circumstances.

1 minute ago, DomenicoZappala said:

the set itself was fine and brilliant, but they were angry about the death of a performer before it and they weren't told before going on stage. quite a few people left after seeing someone die. Maybe they'll come back to play again under nicer circumstances.

Okay, maybe then. I still think they’ll give it another year or two though.

System Of A Down’s last scheduled gig is on July 5th at Werchter, so with FNM already headlining I could see that. What’s their billing typically like in Spain/that area of Europe?

Aerosmith likewise are in Austria on July 9th so I could definitely see them hopping across to headline Mad Cool. 

It’s worth keeping in mind the lineup that year was Green Day, Foo Fighters, Kings Of Leon. With KoL already back this year, I don’t think the festival would want to repeat multiple of the same headliners in one year.

SOAD are playing resurrection fest on the 3rd so it seems that’ll be their only Spanish date 

Edited by robmongascy

3 minutes ago, opel said:

GD, FOB and Weezer are doing a tour in June. I doubt they`ll be drugging it for July. Sum 41 is doing Ukraine\Russia with MCR, from what I hear

Yep that's what I thought... apparently they wanted to come to Spain for the Hella Mega Tour but negotiations with livenation didn't go further...

I can't see Sum 41 as a headliner either, but at this point I'm kind of lost??? I think I'll stop guessing and just wait!

And yes, Green Day wouldn't play Mad Cool again... BUT it's true that the festival organization changed last year and 2019 was a great year for them.

System of a Down is headlining another festival here in Spain, and Aerosmith has its own gig in Madrid early July.

3 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

SOAD are playing resurrection fest on the 3rd so it seems that’ll be their only Spanish date 

Good eye! Thanks. That’s them ruled out.

4 minutes ago, sariris said:

And yes, Green Day wouldn't play Mad Cool again... BUT it's true that the festival organization changed last year and 2019 was a great year for them.

System of a Down is headlining another festival here in Spain, and Aerosmith has its own gig in Madrid early July.

Entirely fair points. I reckon Green Day will come back in that case, just not this year.

2 minutes ago, sariris said:

Yep that's what I thought... apparently they wanted to come to Spain for the Hella Mega Tour but negotiations with livenation didn't go further...

I can't see Sum 41 as a headliner either, but at this point I'm kind of lost??? I think I'll stop guessing and just wait!

What about Kasabian (I know thet were in 2018 but i really like them)? Liam Gallagher? Blur?

I think we need more British names due to the fact there is a lack of the moment...

TBF, I have got a feeling we goonan get also Keane and the Phonics next Friday. Fingers Crossed!

Looked at the dates for the last full Europe tour MCR did and they’ve done 3 countries in 3 days before, as well as 4 days in a row further into the tour. I understand they’re older, it’s a different time and what not but I still don’t believe they’re out of the question. 

3 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

Looked at the dates for the last full Europe tour MCR did and they’ve done 3 countries in 3 days before, as well as 4 days in a row further into the tour. I understand they’re older, it’s a different time and what not but I still don’t believe they’re out of the question. 

A friend told me before that they can't travel to Russia directly from Ukraine so they have to go to another country and travel to Russia from there... Moscow is like 6 hours away from Madrid by plane...

I don't want to keep my hopes up anymore tho.