Superunknown

Mad Cool Festival 2020

Couldn't see them last year at APE London but a few friends went and said they were great. I saw them in Oxegen 2011 and have been waiting to see them again since then. 

26 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Aren't the strokes playing Barcelona early June ?

Yes they are but Primavera and Mad Cool shared Arctic Monkeys two years ago as well

4 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Yes they are but Primavera and Mad Cool shared Arctic Monkeys two years ago as well

I remember that, its a very rare occurrence. We'll see what happens as people were saying in this thread The Strokes were having issues dealing with MC. Could be people just chatting rubbish haha!

It seems strange that Primavera got to announce them last week but at least 3 other festivals had to wait until today to do it.

Tbh I have no idea if they're doing MC or not, it defo seems like it was very close but they might have fucked it- I am sure we will know more in the next couple days anyway.

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It seems strange that Primavera got to announce them last week but at least 3 other festivals had to wait until today to do it.

Possibly Primavera struck a deal (extra money in the fee maybe) where they could be the first EU date announced.

13 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Primavera announced Arctic Monkeys a day earlier than other festivals in 2018 as well. They have some kind of an exclusivity since they only announce their full lineup in one announcement.

2 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Primavera announced Arctic Monkeys a day earlier than other festivals in 2018 as well. They have some kind of an exclusivity since they only announce their full lineup in one announcement.

The AM situation was due to IDLES leaking the lineup, not a exclusivity deal. 

Well I hope if it is the strokes that they are better this time. I’ll be happy to watch them again as the songs are quality. I just hope they put on a better show than previous times I’ve seen them.

MCR would be a great other headliner with them. 

Rock Werchter posted at 12:51 that they are announcing something at six. Strokes are all but confirmed to be doing a chunk of European festivals.....fingers crossed MC shares them with PS

1 minute ago, Luke Routledge said:

Nothing so far.... Could change the format a bit and announce along with the rest of them  

I thought maybe we would get a 1pm tease to play ball like the other festivals 🤔 

Avoiding social media attention AKA preemptively hiding from the backlash they are about to receive for dropping the ball with The Strokes 😛

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

I’m confident it’s MCR. If it’s not, I’ll go that day without wearing suncream.

Be careful, summer in Spain is harsh. (They'll announce them tho, just not today... wait until friday)

1 hour ago, Slix_Trix said:

Rock Werchter posted at 12:51 that they are announcing something at six. Strokes are all but confirmed to be doing a chunk of European festivals.....fingers crossed MC shares them with PS

so we have best kept secret teasing for 17:31, rock werchter for 18 and nos alive for 17:30 (portugal time, 18:30 in the timezone of bkk and werchter)

2 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

so we have best kept secret teasing for 17:31, rock werchter for 18 and nos alive for 17:30 (portugal time, 18:30 in the timezone of bkk and werchter)

No, all these festivals are teasing for 18:00. BKS will probably do some talking before the announcement (they did that with the last one, didn't they?), that's why they teased for 17:51 (apart from obvious Strokes reference).

1 minute ago, bananaa52 said:

I will eat my eat if it is not The Strokes for all of the above. 

BKS - Teased 17:51 (which is 12:51 in New York & a song off second album) and also left blank spaces that fit their name
RW - Posted a clock set a 6 o clock (and they posted it at 12:51)
NOS - Seem to be just announcing at 5pm for the laugh (probably the time The Strokes will post all the dates)
Mad Cool - Silence

3 minutes ago, mln said:

No, all these festivals are teasing for 18:00. BKS will probably do some talking before the announcement (they did that with the last one, didn't they?), that's why they teased for 17:51 (apart from obvious Strokes reference).

17:51, sorry you're right! yeah must be something to announce at 18.

Are we assuming The Strokes will play Friday at RW? That could still mean 10th July for RW

Edited by RaphPH

3 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Are we assuming The Strokes will play Friday at RW? That could still mean 10th July for RW

RW ends few days before MC. Shouldn't impact Strokes playing MC Friday 10th...I would be worried that its likely Strokes will play NOS Alive on the Saturday 11th. That would be the night after Friday at Mad Cool by a band that has not performed two consecutive nights in a looong time. But then again, this is supposed to be a proper tour for them so if thats the case, its not impossible 

19 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

I will eat my eat if it is not The Strokes for all of the above. 

BKS - Teased 17:51 (which is 12:51 in New York & a song off second album) and also left blank spaces that fit their name
RW - Posted a clock set a 6 o clock (and they posted it at 12:51)
NOS - Seem to be just announcing at 5pm for the laugh (probably the time The Strokes will post all the dates)
Mad Cool - Silence

I laughed out loud when I read that "Mad Cool - Silence" I guess they are too cool to say something (?) let's see what happens @ 6 p.m... if they don't announce them, what should we expect? 😕

2 minutes ago, sariris said:

I laughed out loud when I read that "Mad Cool - Silence" I guess they are too cool to say something (?) let's see what happens @ 6 p.m... if they don't announce them, what should we expect? 😕

The end of the world going off these forums 

• Like 1