Superunknown

Mad Cool Festival 2020

4 minutes ago, Dales said:

Mad Cool's history would suggest they tend to favour Rock/Alternative acts as main headliners and both these would certainly be headliners if signed. Obviously, they have departed from this a little this year but not exactly thrown the idea away with Killers, KOL, Faith.

I have been surprised that there has not been more talk around the likes of Weeknd, Travis, Kendrick etc or other big Rap/R&B/Urban acts but they are not the names that instantly spring to my mind when I think of Mad Cool headliners. So playing the odds game the big rock acts being discussed seem to fit the Mad Cool profile.

My thoughts are we will get another rock and indie/alternative act as Friday headliners. Although, I am rubbish at predictions and with modern festival bookings anything is possible. Out of the two Eminem might fit better. I am curious as to who we will get but not overly going to be put out if its not my cup of tea.

From people I speak to, I hear more disappointing performances in relation to Eminem live than i hear positive.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lukecork said:

From people I speak to, I hear more disappointing performances in relation to Eminem live than i hear positive.

I think that Eminem, with the due differences, is like Bob Dylan is: you don't go to his show for the live performance, nor the atmosphere, it is just something that you owe to the "you of the past"

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, lukecork said:

tbh, I hope he does not play. He is not my sort of thing but I don't expect a promoter to curate the festival to my particular tastes.

7 minutes ago, Dales said:

Mad Cool's history would suggest they tend to favour Rock/Alternative acts as main headliners and both these would certainly be headliners if signed. Obviously, they have departed from this a little this year but not exactly thrown the idea away with Killers, KOL, Faith.

I have been surprised that there has not been more talk around the likes of Weeknd, Travis, Kendrick etc or other big Rap/R&B/Urban acts but they are not the names that instantly spring to my mind when I think of Mad Cool headliners. So playing the odds game the big rock acts being discussed seem to fit the Mad Cool profile.

My thoughts are we will get another rock and indie/alternative act as Friday headliners. Although, I am rubbish at predictions and with modern festival bookings anything is possible. Out of the two Eminem might fit better. I am curious as to who we will get but not overly going to be put out if its not my cup of tea.

Kendrick is an exclusive in Bilbao I believe. It would appear they were trying to get The Strokes and MCR for the Friday if rumours are to be believed which doesn't hold out much hope for a different kind of headliner.

The question is if the strokes have pulled out who they can muster up as a replacement. They aren't cheap to book and money clearly isn't an issue for MC so could be anyone. 

I don't think it's out the question that they do get The Strokes eventually, after all I suppose money talks. The longer until an announcement the less likely it gets I guess. They could be waiting for MCR to announce some Euro dates before releasing the last 2 headliners though.

7 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I think that Eminem, with the due differences, is like Bob Dylan is: you don't go to his show for the live performance, nor the atmosphere, it is just something that you owe to the "you of the past"

You're probably right, I did this with 50 cent, was a huge fan in 2005/6 and I went to see him in 2015. Like you say, i definitely owed my former self this show haha.

3 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

No one can be as bad as Dylan. I saw him about 30 year's ago and he was ok a bit dodgy but felt good as it was Dylan after all a true legend. I took my partner to see him at BST last year and it was the worse live performance I have ever seen. She was not impressed and has lost all faith in my judgement about who to go and see live if she does not already now their music. Dylan is now the emperors new clothes, most people do not want to see how bad he now is. We left early like lots of others as it was embarrassing to watch. 

I’ve seen Dylan and Lou Reed - Lou Reed was worse, but in saying that - he’s not going to be at mad cool 

On 1/17/2020 at 3:06 PM, jonnytee1 said:

I’ve seen Dylan and Lou Reed - Lou Reed was worse, but in saying that - he’s not going to be at mad cool 

Gonna need a source on this one.

On 1/17/2020 at 4:06 PM, jonnytee1 said:

Lou Reed had the rare ability to be godawful and excellent at the same time. May he forever walk on the wild side of heaven.

So MCR to do June 20th, Glasto is 24th-28th. Brixton academy are announcing a show at 10AM today, possibly an MCR warm up? 

After Glasto I'm hoping they'll have a week or twos rest and come to Madrid, wishful thinking.

49 minutes ago, Kusy said:

maybe Killing Joke for Brixton

That would be a little ambitious for them, their last gig was at the Roundhouse. I gave that a miss as I thought they were a bit expensive and thought I had spent enough already on other tickets.

I would be pleased if they were at Brixton as it would open up the possibility of ticket deals. Love like Blood is still one of my favourite songs.

For Foals fans they have announced a concert at Sheperds Bush Empire on the 17th February. 02 Priority Sale on Wed & general sale Friday. A rare opportunity to see them in a small venue.

59 minutes ago, Dales said:

That would be a little ambitious for them, their last gig was at the Roundhouse. I gave that a miss as I thought they were a bit expensive and thought I had spent enough already on other tickets.

I would be pleased if they were at Brixton as it would open up the possibility of ticket deals. Love like Blood is still one of my favourite songs.

3 hours ago, lukecork said:

So MCR to do June 20th, Glasto is 24th-28th. Brixton academy are announcing a show at 10AM today, possibly an MCR warm up? 

After Glasto I'm hoping they'll have a week or twos rest and come to Madrid, wishful thinking.

The Brixton show announcement today was the National.

I think there's a good albeit small chance of Catfish and the Bottlemen being announced.. Did a show in Madrid last year, and have announced a gig in London, plus they're already announced for a few summer festivals 

15 minutes ago, NowTHISIsPodracing said:

I think there's a good albeit small chance of Catfish and the Bottlemen being announced.. Did a show in Madrid last year, and have announced a gig in London, plus they're already announced for a few summer festivals 

They got announced as support for Frank Turner's Lost Evening Festival in Berlin last week. Such a random booking! 

41 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

They got announced as support for Frank Turner's Lost Evening Festival in Berlin ladst week. Such a random booking! 

Amazing. If Frank Turner fancies accompanying his namesake Carter to Madrid too that would be cool

Edited by wro_lap

MCR are playing in Germany on the 6th July. Inching closer to Mad Cool and Rock Werchter being true.

Edited by Matt42
  • Like 1

Despite the announcement of Primavera, the 2 headliners will be strokes and mcr I think

Edited by q1203

6 hours ago, NowTHISIsPodracing said:

I could not see them with a headliner slot  but could do second tier. The only thing, I am not sure if they will be adding more second tier acts. They seem to have 4 every day. But who knows, they would certainly be welcome by me if they can fit them in. Mt thoughts are they are to big to just add without giving them some sort of status.