Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

2 hours ago, Dales said:

Just googled. I shoudl have remembered, very tragic. I can know  see why it may not be on their list of events to play.

1 hour ago, sariris said:

I know that Green Day wanted to come to Spain w/ the Hella Mega Tour but negotiations didn't go further :( I wouldn't count on them headlining mad cool, not only bc of the incident (the organization changed last year tho, but they decided to keep the name) but because the festival they're in also includes Fall Out Boy and Weezer, so... if GD and FOB were headlining on friday, Weezer would be out (can't see them for a tiny spot tbh). They have a contract for this tour, so they can't split. I'm sad because Fall Out Boy is my fave band ever, and I was in one of those GD's concerts in Spain (the MTV one, it was HUUUUUUUGE) and I wouldn't mind seeing them again, but I just can't see it happening.

The incident: In 2017, a worker who was doing a show inside a box that was hangin in the air fell out and passed away right before GD's concert, and the organization didn't say anything to them nor the people attending. GD got so mad... Billie said that they wouldn't have done the concert if they'd known what had happened.

Yeah Billie Joe's statement that came out did sound like the band were very unhappy at being kept in the dark about the situation. Can imagine why that would alienate them, even if behind the scenes the organisation has changed, and I do wonder if some of the additional performers have stopped (maybe they haven't but I didn't see any on my 2018 day-trip).

The Hella Mega Tour is also another dimension. I'd have thought there was some wiggle room in all fairness, given I know GD is doing a few shows with just themselves in Scandinavia, then some shows with Weezer as just a support in Germany/Italy, and some other festivals, but that's the full Hella Mega section and I guess fitting it into a festival set-up is not going to be the easiest of fits.

My first thought was that it was gonna be a Strokes-MCR co-headline, which would be pretty awesome. Whether that happens is another matter, especially if there's confusion as to what the former are doing. 

Edited by charlierc

7 minutes ago, Cleopatra said:

Could the Lumineers be a second-liner for one of the days? They are playing NosAlive on July 9th and have a gap in their schedule until July 12th.

I thought they were a sure thing for yesterday's announcement but in the end it looks like they won't come back.

However I think the second line is already fully announced. Two headliners and maybe a couple of groups to fill up the lower lines and that's all.

46 minutes ago, Hook said:

I thought they were a sure thing for yesterday's announcement but in the end it looks like they won't come back.

However I think the second line is already fully announced. Two headliners and maybe a couple of groups to fill up the lower lines and that's all.

They were my thoughts as well but as a good number of Nos Alive acts are already announced for Mad Coo,l then there may be a few more to come.

Lumineers do seem a little to big to  be added to what is already a good lineup but then again i was realy surpised that Placebo was added yesterday, so who knows.

40 acts per day in 2018 over seven stages. 30+ bands on each of the full days last year, but only six stages, so one less than 2018 and 2020. 

We have 103 acts announced, so we should be looking at 30 more names at least, if not 60 (but probably somewhere in between).

There's two headliners to come. Can't see the rest to be just fillers. There's space for the Lumineers, as well as Underworld type of main stage closer for example.

On a side note, I really wish they'd put London Grammar in the Loop rather than main stage. 

HI. I attended Mad Cool 2018 and I’m planning to attend in 2020. In 2018, I stayed within short walking distance of the festival. Prices for 2020 for the same location are much more expensive. Many of you are suggesting booking in the area of Plaza Castilla. I think Mad Cool offered shuttle buses from the festival to Plaza Castilla in 2019 between midnight and 6 am. Will they offer the same type of shuttles for 2020 or are they planning something else? For those who used the shuttles, were they okay, i.e. no major issues and reasonable waiting times? Thank you.

1 hour ago, LaurentExpos said:

HI. I attended Mad Cool 2018 and I’m planning to attend in 2020. In 2018, I stayed within short walking distance of the festival. Prices for 2020 for the same location are much more expensive. Many of you are suggesting booking in the area of Plaza Castilla. I think Mad Cool offered shuttle buses from the festival to Plaza Castilla in 2019 between midnight and 6 am. Will they offer the same type of shuttles for 2020 or are they planning something else? For those who used the shuttles, were they okay, i.e. no major issues and reasonable waiting times? Thank you.

There's no info on shuttles for 2020 yet. Last summer they were quick, no waiting times and no issues at all. The only problem was that the info came out only a few days before the festival. 

• Like 1

The shuttle buses were already there in 2018, but you had to pay. It's gonna be the same itinerary this year: shuttle buses from Fuerzas Armadas to Plaza de Castilla between 00:00 a.m and 05:30 a.m or so! I don't think they'll change that bc it was efficient.

24 minutes ago, sariris said:

The shuttle buses were already there in 2018, but you had to pay. It's gonna be the same itinerary this year: shuttle buses from Fuerzas Armadas to Plaza de Castilla between 00:00 a.m and 05:30 a.m or so! I don't think they'll change that bc it was efficient.

what time does music finish at, 4am? want to stay till the end the majority of nights but don't want to risk missing the last bus back

8 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

what time does music finish at, 4am? want to stay till the end the majority of nights but don't want to risk missing the last bus back

I think it ends at 4:30 a.m or so! Don't worry about missing the last bus tho, I think the shuttle buses will be running until 1 or 2 hours after the last concert

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, NowTHISIsPodracing said:

Bicep would be mad! And I don't know if they would more likely be on another stage, but Hot Chip are so good live

Either would be a good addition.

I think Bicep are doing Field Day on Saturday 11th July.  That might still leave them free to play one of the early days.

14 hours ago, NowTHISIsPodracing said:

Bicep would be mad! And I don't know if they would more likely be on another stage, but Hot Chip are so good live

I can see Bicep there, seems to be announcing a busy schedule for touring so far.

Would love that, however I'm more than happy with Peggy Gou & Four tet there, seen them at WHP late last year with Daphni, Mall grab, skrillex etc. Unreal

5 hours ago, Hook said:

King Gizzard on the 18th in Portugal.

Would be a great fit for the festival but maybe they are PS exclusive or even end up at FIB bc of dates.

Yes! Would love to see them. Another I’d like to see added is Mac DeMarco but I’m guessing that’s unlikely!

On 1/13/2020 at 7:14 PM, NowTHISIsPodracing said:

Yeah Hot Chip are fantastic live. As it stands though, I know they’re not booked for this or any European festivals. Just a couple of UK ones. Possible it changes but wouldn’t get your hopes up.