Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

19 hours ago, sariris said:

Yup!! In Milton Keynes!! I couldn't edit my post on time lol I think it's almost official (or at least everybody assumes that it's about MK Bowl, and maybe a couple of dates more in UK)

I don't expect an announcement tomorrow (today ???), but maybe on monday??? it's three king's day in spain and we open presents sooooo...... gimme one more present mad cool. GIMME ME A HEADLINER.

I think it's Stadium MK they're playing. But hopefully this kickstarts them announcing more shows around europe. I've heard of a few confirmed ones already!

On 1/5/2020 at 7:42 PM, charlierc said:

The rumour began with stadium mk but I've seen the Bowl mentioned as a potential venue as well. Tbf I reckon they could sell both out.

Assuming it is Milton Keynes rather than a London date or R/L.

I would prefer the bowl over stadium MK. I've heard talks of BST or APE but who knows.

2 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

What would be the chances of Stevie Nicks coming here for a headline slot? she has shows announced for BottleRock in May and Labor Day in September both in the US.

I think she'd be more suited to Primavera to be honest, and they'd be more keen to get her – that's if she even wants to do European festivals.

A bit of a random suggestion for the missing headliner, what about Stereophonics? I don't think they have been confirmed for any festivals yet, which might mean they are not playing any. However, they have a European tour in Jan & Feb including 2 spanish dates Jan 24th Madrid & 25th Barcelona. If they were playing Mad Cool they may not want it announced before those concerts take place.

They played in 2016, so long enough to book them again.

Those spare spots on the poster are really starting to annoy me. I don't know why, as I am happy with the other 6 headliners and their are loads of people on the under card who I love. So it should not really matter about the two missing headliners. I would be fine with them just promoting bands from the other days and moving them across as headliners. Foals & Pixies as headliners on the Friday would work 😊 

Please, Please, Please just give us names. I no longer care if I like them or not. I just want to know 😭

I saw Mad Cool’s tweet promoting that Stereophonics gig. If they’re playing, I’d imagine Live Nation will have asked Mad Cool to announce them (along with everyone else) not long after that gig. They wouldn’t headline in Spain though - I think they were openers when they last played.

48 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I saw Mad Cool’s tweet promoting that Stereophonics gig. If they’re playing, I’d imagine Live Nation will have asked Mad Cool to announce them (along with everyone else) not long after that gig. They wouldn’t headline in Spain though - I think they were openers when they last played.

If they did play and down the lineup that would be perfect and still keep alive the hopes of MCR, Strokes etc.

yep, I also think that they still have to announce about 40% of the artists... still hoping for Wallows, they're soooooo good!!

I can't think of spanish artists tho... and the ones that pop into my mind are more suited for other festivals, too famous to not be headliners, or already played mad cool...

15 hours ago, sariris said:

yep, I also think that they still have to announce about 40% of the artists... still hoping for Wallows, they're soooooo good!!

I can't think of spanish artists tho... and the ones that pop into my mind are more suited for other festivals, too famous to not be headliners, or already played mad cool...

I expect VIVA SUECIA to be announced, and it will be possible LORI MEYERS, IZAL even EXTREMODURO, let,s see

I think MCR is announcing MK Bowl today (as there was a 10th in the video they posted yesterday) so... I would expect a Mad Cool announcement next week rather in 2/3 weeks tbh (the person who runs the mcr megathread on reddit said they'd announce them on 2nd week of january)

AS I WAS WRITTING THIS THEY STARTED ANNOUNCING STUFF OMG