Jump to content
Superunknown

Mad Cool Festival 2020

Recommended Posts

MCR are in Western Europe end of June. 

As they've not announced anything in Europe, perhaps this could fit your Friday Mad Cool Theory. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really just hoping the strokes aren't announcing anything until after their NYE show where they announce a new album and then announce festival dates but maybe I'm just being too optimistic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they don't announce anything today or tomorrow, we'll have to wait until mid January to know more names.

It seems kinda weird as they usually release a bunch of bands before Christmas to maximize sales in that period. Which leads me to think that none of Friday's headliners has given permission to announce yet.

So I would say no Beck, no Post Malone, no RHCP.

All points to Strokes / Tame Impala, but I still have doubts about the latter. Too soon to repeat and the album hasn't come out yet so it's unknown if it will be even worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hook said:

If they don't announce anything today or tomorrow, we'll have to wait until mid January to know more names.

It seems kinda weird as they usually release a bunch of bands before Christmas to maximize sales in that period. Which leads me to think that none of Friday's headliners has given permission to announce yet.

So I would say no Beck, no Post Malone, no RHCP.

All points to Strokes / Tame Impala, but I still have doubts about the latter. Too soon to repeat and the album hasn't come out yet so it's unknown if it will be even worth it.

It’s strongly believed that MCR are embargoed by Coachella. If they do indeed have a European tour tba it will probably have to wait until after Coachella drops it’s lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s strongly believed that MCR are embargoed by Coachella. If they do indeed have a European tour tba it will probably have to wait until after Coachella drops it’s lineup.

They are already announced for Download in Japan and Australia, but I guess that those are two different circuits...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

They are already announced for Download in Japan and Australia, but I guess that those are two different circuits...

And.... happening before coachella 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Because they can’t announce MCR.

I think the Strokes pulled out and MCR have been promoted to headline. Maybe they are drafting another co headliner in.

What’s that ‘think Strokes pulled out’ based on? Contradicts what Ken said recently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Big Kahuna said:

Last buzz in Spanish Forums is Beck, who is announced in Beuningen 3-5 july. Only whispers of lust.

Rumoured also that RCHP is signed a long time ago, waiting for announce, people fom the organization leaves enigmatic messages around... I give full credit to this gossip.

All in all, is not possible together  Strokes, RCHP. Beck, MCR, Arcade Fire, Post Malone, Tame Impala, all rumoured projected headliners, but arguably, it,s a probable scenario  2 out of that 7, will be friday,s "cabezonis"

 

Let,s see

Can you share a link for that? I would like to read whats being said on the Spanish forums 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stealing directly from the Rock Wertcher thread (credit to Mr Tobs).

Festival is early July and leaked via Event IM. With MCR playing their first show tonight could be announcing their European tour.

Also Sting would be a rather odd welcomed surprise!

 kunst-rasen-bonn-tickets-poster.jpg.b21c

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Stealing directly from the Rock Wertcher thread (credit to Mr Tobs).

Festival is early July and leaked via Event IM. With MCR playing their first show tonight could be announcing their European tour.

Also Sting would be a rather odd welcomed surprise!

 kunst-rasen-bonn-tickets-poster.jpg.b21c

What a random bunch of names. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beck has been announced for Metronome Festival-Prague in June. So he will be doing at least 1 festival in Europe, so maybe Beck is a possibility?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dales said:

Beck has been announced for Metronome Festival-Prague in June. So he will be doing at least 1 festival in Europe, so maybe Beck is a possibility?

In Music and Best Kept Secret too, possible not sure if for headline spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

In Music and Best Kept Secret too, possible not sure if for headline spot

I think you're confusing Best Kept Secret with Down The Rabbit Hole, mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, diogozsz said:

I think you're confusing Best Kept Secret with Down The Rabbit Hole, mate. 

yes you right, too many festivals in The Netherlands 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dales said:

Beck has been announced for Metronome Festival-Prague in June. So he will be doing at least 1 festival in Europe, so maybe Beck is a possibility?

Presumably as a late afternoon thing before the headliner or something.

Would be up for a UK date though as I've missed a few of his other ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Presumably as a late afternoon thing before the headliner or something.

Would be up for a UK date though as I've missed a few of his other ones.

I do hope he makes it some where on the lineup. Showing my age a bit but the last time I saw him was 1995 at Reading Festival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luke Routledge said:

Saw the Strokes announced a festival last night... in Paraguay. Most likely not relevant but at least they are active and announcing festivals for 2020.

Well if they are active there is always a chance. I'm sure, I read somewhere that US bands tend to go to South America and then on to Eurupe on their tours (probably on a thread on here). Then again lots probably don't follow that pattern but ti does give some hope to them popping up somewhere in Europe.

The talk around MCR coming to Europe does seem more credible as them being one of the missing headliners.

Would The Strokes/MCR be to big of a pairing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dales said:

Well if they are active there is always a chance. I'm sure, I read somewhere that US bands tend to go to South America and then on to Eurupe on their tours (probably on a thread on here). Then again lots probably don't follow that pattern but ti does give some hope to them popping up somewhere in Europe.

The talk around MCR coming to Europe does seem more credible as them being one of the missing headliners.

Would The Strokes/MCR be to big of a pairing?

Just so happens there are a few people on here who have some inside scoop. Apologies I cant remember the user names (EDIT Matt42) but someone in the Reading forums had all the MCR stuff correct before the official announcement and that included Mad Cool Festival but not in a headline spot. 

Another User with a good track record (EDIT Ken19) seems to think the Strokes are nailed on but just delaying things.  

Personally I would love The Strokes/RHCP then MCR to appear in a non headline spot. However that might just be a little too greedy! 

Edited by Luke Routledge
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, Strokes have a few South American festival dates in their schedule in March/April (Lollapalooza's, Estereo Picnic and this new confirmation in Paraguay). They are also confirmed for Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta (US) on May 3, what causes some doubt if they will come to Europe this summer...

I still hold out hope, as I have that leaked draft MC poster with The Strokes on it stuck in my head. HAIM shortly posted it on their socials after MC published their poster without the Friday headliners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Yep, Strokes have a few South American festival dates in their schedule in March/April (Lollapalooza's, Estereo Picnic and this new confirmation in Paraguay). They are also confirmed for Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta (US) on May 3, what causes some doubt if they will come to Europe this summer...

I still hold out hope, as I have that leaked draft MC poster with The Strokes on it stuck in my head. HAIM shortly posted it on their socials after MC published their poster without the Friday headliners.

Reminds me of when Merlyn Wood of BROCKHAMPTON accidentally posted a poster of R&L with Travis Scott on before he was officially confirmed, fingers crossed that this will be the same situation and they'll get announced soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...