Jump to content
Superunknown

Mad Cool Festival 2020

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, young_contra said:

perhaps this is just a one time thing though? they're usually connected to this kind of events

Usually regine and win do things like this yeah but this is a whole band thing which requires a lot more logistically so wouldnt be too surprising if they kept it up with some more shows. And someone on the all points east thread said they'd heard arcade fire were offered some EU shows so maybe a long shot but fingers are crossed! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

What hints?

No Strokes in Lolla Stockholm when they were a sure thing there a few weeks ago.

RW was apparently waiting for a band to start announcing names, but there have been no surprises yet (was not PJ as one user said in this forum)

Plus the leak by HAIM was supposed to be the line up announcement before going on sale. However we got another one with more names but no Strokes.

 

Maybe they are still holding on to the announcement but seems like they pulled out to me. Post Malone looks like one of Friday's headliners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hook said:

No Strokes in Lolla Stockholm when they were a sure thing there a few weeks ago.

RW was apparently waiting for a band to start announcing names, but there have been no surprises yet (was not PJ as one user said in this forum)

Plus the leak by HAIM was supposed to be the line up announcement before going on sale. However we got another one with more names but no Strokes.

 

Maybe they are still holding on to the announcement but seems like they pulled out to me. Post Malone looks like one of Friday's headliners.

Not pulled out, but as usual with The Strokes, things are taking a long time. Also to get permission to announce. They are giving the organizers always a hard time. 

But I think it will be ok this time.

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Not pulled out, but as usual with The Strokes, things are taking a long time. Also to get permission to announce. They are giving the organizers always a hard time. 

But I think it will be ok this time.

The Strokes has been the biggest 'are they coming/are they not coming' story since I visit festivals. Would be very special if this year is the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lighthouse said:

The Strokes has been the biggest 'are they coming/are they not coming' story since I visit festivals. Would be very special if this year is the year.

And Daft Punk. In fact that was already close 2 times in the past. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ken19 said:

And Daft Punk. In fact that was already close 2 times in the past. 

That's true!

Although I've seen Daft Punk (half a set) at Pukkelpop when I was too young for festivals. Hence the 'half a set' ;-). Strokes is still on the never 'seen before' bucketlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a chance to see Daft Punk years ago but just assumed I'd see them again on a future tour, little did I know, gutted!

The Strokes did tour dates last summer and the dates seemed to be announced in a fairly straightforward manner like APE in London.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Daft Punk will ever tour again. I know its been 12 years by this point and that they've got out of doing the touring thing, plus I'm not sure they've made much new music of late, but I imagine if they ever were to that it would be a huge deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Post Malone would be a second gross mistake at headliners after Kings of Leon.

Arcade, RATM, RHCP, even Portishead. Wilco or Sigur Ros, usually undercard material, would be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Big Kahuna said:

Arcade, RATM, RHCP

I’d be buzzing with any of these or The Strokes 

edit: fuck post malone 

Edited by wro_lap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Kahuna said:

Post Malone would be a second gross mistake at headliners after Kings of Leon.

Arcade, RATM, RHCP, even Portishead. Wilco or Sigur Ros, usually undercard material, would be better.

On 12/1/2019 at 11:50 AM, missnutmeg said:

 

Kol r shocking these days. Fully agree. R arcade fire a genuine possibility?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fronts84 said:

Kol r shocking these days. Fully agree. R arcade fire a genuine possibility?

Wishful thinking me thinks but would be amazing. They are awesome live. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fronts84 said:

Hopefully the my chemical romance rumour isn't true as well for what's its worth

Why would MCR play in a festival like Mad Cool?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope my chemical romance are at mad cool. Theres also no reason why mad cool wouldnt book them if they were a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...