Mad Cool Festival 2020

Superunknown

14 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Holy fuck

Names every 5 minutes, so far: Octo Octa, CCL, Tycho and Modeselektor

It looks like they've done for today's announcement:
Octo Octa, CCL, Tycho, Modeselektor, Diplo.

Edit: not ended :D

Edited by gigi21

1 minute ago, gigi21 said:

as they said yesterday, today is the day for electro acts announcement. Many of them are quite big names.

Not my thing so that’s one reason I’ve never heard of them. Heard of Major Lazer but wouldn’t know their stuff

8 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Not my thing so that’s one reason I’ve never heard of them. Heard of Major Lazer but wouldn’t know their stuff

My impression is that the main target is really young an pop this year, but there will surely be a couple of rock headliners

Edited by gigi21

8 minutes ago, pryce said:

Love Modeselektor... The others so far especially Diplo and Major lazer.. Not the electronic music I like..

yesterday they said "transgression and innovation"... ?
I like Tycho too, but they are pop, especially last album

Edited by gigi21

I guess it is more about the headliners. 

If you have Taylor Swift as the major name of the whole circuit, and you are that kind of festival that always books the greatest names around, you also are forced to build the rest of the lineup around that, so if you happen to have TayTay, you will have to stick with that and shape the most of it accordingly. 

That is obvious with Nos, that have 70 names or so in the whole lineup, and this can be spotted for MC as well.

7 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Tycho is good chill music. Octo octa is good house party music

But I don't see the point for them unless they play at like 2-4 AM after headliners

Knowing how Electronic stage usually plays out, I'd say: Octo Octa, CCL to open the day, Tycho during the headliners, Modeselektor to close a day, Major Lazer on a main stage after the headliners. Diplo is a wild card, honestly

12 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I guess it is more about the headliners. 

If you have Taylor Swift as the major name of the whole circuit, and you are that kind of festival that always books the greatest names around, you also are forced to build the rest of the lineup around that, so if you happen to have TayTay, you will have to stick with that and shape the most of it accordingly. 

That is obvious with Nos, that have 70 names or so in the whole lineup, and this can be spotted for MC as well.

This is surely correct but I think MC will have a various line up and I'm sure we're still missing a couple of rock/alternative headliners. It would have no sense to book Deftones and Refused without at least another strong name for their fans (RATM / Faith No More / System Of A Down / Tool?)

10 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

I know it’s already been discussed but do we still think we’ll be getting more headliners in the last days coming up to ticket release? 

I assumed we'd only had 3 headliners confirmed, assuming it isn't the case we have a Billie Eilish/21 Pilots co-headline deal. 4 day festival, so you'd like to think there's more yet to be confirmed.